Slam Dunk Contest

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Bl0ndeRedHead, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Wow what a joke. First off, the dunks in this year's contest were PHENOMENAL, but everything else about it sucked, again. And even harder this time. It was so blatantly obvious the whole thing was rigged to get Blake Griffin to the finals to do the Kia commerci--I mean dunk. His dunks in the first round were sweet, but DeRozen and Ibaka had farrrrr better dunks and deserved to beat him to the finals. Secondly, the amount of presentation and just general bullshit was amped to a level that was nauseating. These athletes are terrible actors and the people who create these ideas are even worse at their job than the players are at pretending this is all real. And finally, if someone can kill Kenny Smith for me, I will gladly pay you with a Casio and 2 dollars.

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Why didn't you post this in the NBA section? We need some life down there. Whoever gets to it first make sure you put the 'Carmelo Trade' down there. Pretty sure that's going to happen soon.

Back on topic:

First, I love Kenny... leave my boy alone!:) I agree that Blake should not have won. Didn't see DeRozen or Ibaka but I know one jumped from BEHIND the free throw line and got a 45 or something seriously to low. Brent Barry and Dr.J probably did a little hatin' I bet. McGee (duke from the Wiz) had some pretty impressive dunks that WERE NOT HIS! I've seen 'em before and kind of hated that they gave him (and he accepted) the credit for those. But nonetheless, he should of overtook BG for the title. Uncle Chuck kept it real by saying BG's car dunk wasn't impressive. That's why I love the TNT crew... so flippin' real with it.

BTW, that car looked fire for being a Kia... anybody know the name of it?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Optima

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Wait. I've only ever seen 1 dude in my life jump over a car...in person anyway. And it was in a supermarket parking lot at like midnight, and i think the car was a taurus. He jumped over the windshield though, which at the time was the most incredible thing ever to me.

His dunk was money, you guys are haters.

Go jump over the hood of any compact while having your head 10' + and come back and talk about it. and youtube that shit.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Doesnt he dunk over a car (height wise) everytime he dunks, except the car isnt there

• Like Like x 1
  6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Probably. But the fact that he can jump like that is still very impressive.

He did jump over the slim side of the hood though, don't forget that. There's alot of guys in the nba that could do that.

But no one here could do that, that is my point.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

What Hova said. He jumped over the hood, he gets that high on 'normal' dunks. If he would of jumped over the roof of the car that would of been amazing. If McGee's last dunk was smoother he would of won, I think he was taxed because that 'miss' actually went in.

And if you never seen any dunks over cars you should try to find a 'And 1' slam dunk competition online. People have put their ENTIRE arm in the rim.

BG won though, can't hate.. he brought energy. Like Barkley said, I can't wait until this kid learns to play basketball.

Edit: Your arguing that people here cannot do it? Kind of pointless... disregard my message, I'm gone...

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

The 2 basket dunk was the sickest, doubt any of them could have did that

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

DeRozan's one-handed reverse windmill thing was the sickest dunk of the night

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

This.....

And it's Demar's own fault that he didn't get out of the first round. If he would have had a guard instead of Amir Fucking Johnson throwing the ball off the basket on his first dunk he wouldn't have had to try the dunk so many times.

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    The biggest problem with the dunk contest this year is that you had two seven footers who made their dunks look impressive and easy. You did not see the legs tucked high impact dunks that win dunk contests. Blake is a power dunker that can soar and provide flair.