Slider adjustment

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CharlestonUSC, Feb 7, 2011.

1. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Jan 8, 2011
    I think we need to adjust the sliders in the offseason. Some of the scores being posted are just ridiculous. I know after recruiting you bring in guys that fit your schemes better but these scores seem like the games are just too damn easy.
  2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Aug 13, 2009
    Like what scores?

Some of us who have been here a while have good teams. I barely beat Ohio State and then blew out Indiana, it's just Indiana. If you have your backups in and reach the scoring cap yes it could be seen as unsportsmanlike, but you don't break 65 and you did it with backups, or in my case third strings. I lost my first two games of the season and found a rhythm. I think the sliders are good where fuzzy has them. The Michigan game I had a comfortable lead and then they just exploded to tie the game in the 4th quarter. In this day and age with NCAA if you get a big lead it's almost like you can't let up or the computer takes FULL advantage of you letting your foot off the gas and proceeds to tie and possibly win the game.

That is my view on offense. I have seen low scores for the CPU so I do somewhat agree maybe the CPU either just sucks or needs a slight boost (nothing too drastic or the scores will be the other way around). But so far the sliders have been challenging, FSU recently lost to Keller's Terps, he had them going the right direction so I wasn't that surprised.

If this becomes a weekly issue where people are blowing out computers 40+ points to 7 points then I would an issue but so far most scores have been pretty competitive.
  3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Apr 14, 2010
    Yeah, I think they are good where they are at. The top teams are a challenge to beat, but you can't help it if you're up against a really shitty CPU team and things just go your way. As long as you pull your starters when up by 21 or more in the second half and don't exceed the scoring cap, you're good.
  4. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Aug 13, 2010
    I have an okay team and I've struggled with most of the decent CPU teams. I've had a ridiculous amount of dropped passes in the past few weeks too.
  5. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Dec 30, 2010
    Featured Threads:
    Can we do something about CPU punting, Not sure if the sliders will affect it, but they can't pin me inside my own 20 to save their life. It either is out the back of the endzone or out of bounds at the 20. Not sure how I feel about the sliders, I mean I have won all of my games but I have some solid talent. After next year when I lose half of my team, then I can probably give a better opinion.