Slider adjustments

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Slider adjustments

Guys, here are my thoughts on what I think we need to tweak in the sliders:

• I'm going to bump up CPU run blocking slightly (probably 5 pts) and turn down the CPU RBA slider significantly (likely to 35 or 40). My rationalle is that the CPU is fumbling way too much, and I believe part of this is due to the fact that every CPU ballcarrier breaks the first tackle 90% of the time. In this game, you likelihood of fumbling seems to increase dramatically with every broken tackle. I'm hoping that this will cause the CPU to get slightly better run blocking and that with the CPU HB's going down on first contact more often that may reduce the fumbles and make the CPU offense a bit better.
    • I'm going to increase CPU WR catching a bit to combat the large number of drops they have.
    • I'm going to move the holding slider back to 50, since it seems to affect the CPU more than users.

I'm not saying this will be the fix, but to me the biggest issue for the CPU offense is turnovers, especially fumbles. I'd like to give this a shot and see if it helps a bit in making the CPU competitive.

Post any thoughts you guys have here.

2. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I may not have time until Friday, but maybe we should try these before experimenting with them in league play.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Unless everyone is going to commit to playing a bunch of practice games we won't get enough data to know. I know that I for one don't have time for non-OD games these days.

Perry and I discussed these and we figure it can't make the CPU worse than it is now.

4. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I agree with Dru and Perry that I don't have enough time to play a bunch of "practice" games. I would rather continue playing and tweak the sliders as we go. This is only the first season of many seasons and we aren't dramatically changing the game play.

my 1-1/2 cents