Slider Chat

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Nautica, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I don't know how anyone else feels, but I have a problem with these sliders. 1st, I cannot run the ball at all, now I am not one for making things incredibly easy, but getting negative yds to only 3 per rush is horrible. Also the pass defense isn't to bad, but having it up as far as it is on AA causes WAY to many DE's and MLBs jumping 15ft in the air to knock down a pass. The game against UGA in week 2 I stopped the game before the end of the first quarter because the score was 21-28 4 mins into the first quarter. My other gripe is with the speed threshold. There is no reason that a 70 speed DT should be able to run a 92 speed HB down in open field. I have been playing at 25 for a long time now, and IMO it has the best feel. It gives that little separation so that your not being run down from behind by slower players consistently. I have had WAY to many games with horrible AI because of jacked up sliders recently and the first 2 weeks in this league is a huge reason as to why I am on auto pilot until I decide what I am going to do. Now, if the sliders get fixed i'll come back, otherwise I will probably drop due to how bad the game play is.

2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Totally agree with you dude. They are really, really bad. Id honestly rather play at default, with a threshold speed adjustment. At the least, we need to change threshold speed, its totally unrealistic as it is right now.

As for game play, its tough and I am having trouble running the ball and playing overall defense.

3. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

I took 2 losses early, so.. I hear you. Where did the sliders come from? Like, is there a league template or something?

4. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

If we r going to restart now is the time. I liked what we used in the original proving grounds. I am not doing another thing with this until we reach a resolution

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

We dont need to restart... Just need to fix the sliders.

6. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I actually don't mind the sliders too much. I agree that we could tweak user rushing a bit, but not too much. I have had some success running the ball (I think I averaged around 4 yards a carry not counting sacks against Oregon). I agree with the speed threshold adjustment as well. I feel like the game plays more smoothly with a lower speed threshold.

7. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

I'm not having any issues offensively. I'm actually doing a little better than expected with the run game, but I'm also all out of sorts because I've never used the spread offense. Hard for me to compare these to other leagues. I have noticed the incredible jumping DL and LB though.

I am really struggling on defense though. I thought maybe it must be my team, but I'm starting to think maybe not now. I'm typically a pretty good defensive player but I can't stop even the worst teams right now.

At the very least, the speed threshold needs to be reduced.

8. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Same here...

none of us here are whining, so good discussion.

I want this league to go on for a long time. With that said, I know good sliders are essential and losses should happen, but not very often.

I'm undefeated, but the CPU game was very difficult. I threw 3 or 4 picks. I generally don't throw that in 3 or 4 games because I'm not extremely aggressive in passing situations. I have trouble passing against the CPU, especially in man. 3 of my picks were Digs or slants...usually safer plays.

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

When you jack up the sliders to an extreme past 60 on a certain setting, the game play becomes unrealistic. I guess that was partially why I gave up on AA and turned to Heisman. It is kinda funny that I am not having any problems with the slider set that we had and that I run in my RMG league, and everyone else for the most part did, but I cannot stand the AA sliders past default. I had a slider discussion with a few of the guys on this site last week and how the last patch messed with sliders so much that it forced people to go back to default AA. Which makes sense because that is what the adjustments that were made were based upon.

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

We run almost identical sliders in the Duece. Except, there I think passing and running a bit too easy, so I decreased them 5 each. I just dismantled top 10 Iowa with them, and think they play well. The LBs jumping down passes is just a problem with this version of NCAA period. The speed threshold is at 25...

11. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Do we have any sort of resolution to this? I feel like this league is falling apart a little bit.

12. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ya, it is pretty much over... I was going to play last night and advance, but had messages of guys bowing out for varying reasons. Too bad it didnt last very long...

13. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Seriously?

Already man?