Slider Data and Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Slider Data and Discussion

Can everyone please play some games on Hiesman with 5-6 minute quarters and then post the score, what teams were used, some team stats, and things you liked about the setting and things you disliked. Also comment on how long the game took to play. Thanks guys.

2. Hova

(me) USC 17
    Texas 3

5 Minute QTRs
    Hiesman

It was a defensive battle at the beginning. What gave me the win was 2 big INTs, one being a pick 6. It felt pretty even through though minus the turnovers. I was able to hit some big plays down field but that was about it. My team rushing total was -16!!! Texas had 100 more yards than me on offense but still lost because of the turnovers. Great game

3. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Ohio State (me) - 14
    Wisconsin - 17

5 Minute QTRs
    Hiesman

Another defensive battle. Real fun game to play, I think I would be good with Hiesman difficulty. Bucks had a chance to force OT but put a 52 yard FG attempt off the left post as time expired. Saine ran for 16-60, Pryor 3-35. I like how the cpu will test you deep. The computer's run game was very good as Clay averaged around 5 yards a carry.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Oregon (me)- 21
    USC- 38

Heisman 5 min qtrs

Maybe I just suck at the moment......

First half was slow as I was down 16-0 and never had a chance to establish any offense. Time seemed to fly. I would prefer 6-7 min qtrs. I had trouble running the ball and was force to pass the ball most of the second half. I threw 3 picks (1 pick 6) and had a fumble that was also returned for a TD. So lost the turnover battle -4. Had trouble stopping USC's offense especially the running game. I did have success with the deep ball. Corners bite on the pump fake. As of now I would vote for AA with sliders, but I may change my mind as I get a hold of the game.

5. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

can anyone tell me how to get the pro combat uniforms without the demo? i don't have a hard drive so i can't download it. thanks.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

3 CPU games so far, all on All American. These were all played in same dynasty with default sliders.

Ohio State vs Miami - 40-24 (8 minute quarters)

Was losing at point of the game but they made some costly turnovers that changed momentum of the game. Brandon Saine had a huge day, going for 150 yards and averaging about 10 per carry. Almost half his yards came on a 73 yard TD run.

Ohio State 59 - Wisconsin 14 (8 minute quarters)

Wisconsin scored first but then fell apart. Saine had another big game and the defense had 5 takeaways (3 interceptions, 2 fumble recoveries). A couple of the turnovers resulted in points and the others put team in very good field position.

Ohio State 20 - Penn State 17 (8 minute quarters)

Buckeyes led the whole game but couldn't pull away from Nittany Lions. Penn State closed the lead to 3 points late in the fourth quarter but Ohio State grabbed the onside kick to seal the victory. Offensively Saine had a good but not great game. He rushed for just under 100 yards and averaged a tad under 5 yards per carry.

7. Hova

Keep em comin guys. We have to take into account we are ALL going to get better as we play more. The closer the games the better. Try some on hiesman if you can brave

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Forgot to mention that I couldn't get much, if any pressure on the QB. In comparison I felt some heat on alot of my throws. On a positive note I did get an onside kick at the end.

9. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

LSU 17
    Florida (me) 20

Heisman difficulty. Two teams, A- across the board, I was the home team. 6 minute quarters.

I have to start by echoing Hokie's point about pass rush, on both sides, because it was very noticeable to me. I did not get any sacks, but I was sacked four times. They all came quick, like a guy missed his block. My QB was hit several times, and threw some of those dreaded flutter balls. He had two broken tackles on sack attempts. Also, my QB had a lot of bad passes, I'm talking about overthrowing wide open guys. Three times, I missed on long gains, possibly TD's, when my QB just threw a bad pass, and missed the receiver by 3 - 5 yards. Between the two teams, there were 5 fumbles, four lost.

The whole game, both teams seemed sloppy on offense. I had 217 yards, to LSU's 225. Taking out the sacks, I had 13 rushes for 38 yards. LSU had 21 for 86 yards. My QB was 13 of 27, LSU was 11 of 14. The computer had 6 broken tackles to my 3, and there was only one pancake between the two teams.

They missed a long FG, but made another one. I was 2 for 2 from mid range. Kick returns seem better, with most ending up around the 20, although I got to the 45 once. Punting overall average about 45 yards.

To summarize: The 6 minute quarters led to a 45 minute game, each team had 9 possessions. The front seven of the computer stayed in my backfield, both on rushing and passing plays. I was playing a 3-3-5, so giving up 4 yards a carry, doesn't seem bad. Mainly, the game just felt awkward, but it's only my first one.

10. Hova

Seems like we are getting realistic scores from these games. Remember we can always adjust hiesman sliders as well. Maybe a bump of User Pass Block if people keep getting that, but you really should not get alot of time in the pocket, last year's main problem for me was I could stand in the pocket all day and eat the CPU alive. Keep the test games comin guys, I wanna hear from everyone

11. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Yeah, I agree. I was actually losing 17 - 3 halfway through the fourth, when I went no-huddle and scored a TD. LSU fumbled two or three plays later and I scored another TD, then they fumbled the kickoff with a little less than two minutes to play. I ran the clock down to 2 seconds and kicked a FG. They never used a single time out. Like I said, the game was a little weird.

12. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Played on Heisman with 6 min quarters.

Toledo (me) 37
    BGSUcks 36

The computer gained 500 yards of offense on me and was 10-13 on 3rd down. Plus, they ran the garbage no huddle offense every g&d damn play. I gained 300 yards of offense. I got the ball back on an interception with 2 min left and went 70 yards to score to be down 36-35 with 14 seconds left. I went for 2 points and got it for the win. I would echo the sentiment that you cannot rush the passer on heisman, but the computer does alot of ole' blocks on offense.

13. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Oklahoma St 34
    FSU(me) 0

Ill blame this on my first game in 2011 and I have never played on Heisman and never been a fan of it. On offense I did not have anytime to throw the ball. The CPU on the other hand had all day, I did manage two sacks but that was just because the CPU decided to hold onto the ball forever.

QB stats
    FSU 9/23 106yds 0TD 3INT
    OSU 18/21 209yds 3INT 0TD

Rushing
    FSU 14 att 72 yds
    OSU 19att 66yds

Oline
    FSU 3 pancakes
    OSU 0 pancakes

This was 6 minute quarters and took 45 minutes to complete.

14. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Nebraska 31
    FSU 24

Got a little offense going, but only because of a couple of hailmary's. Still was under constant pressure from the D, and this time I had no running game. Controlling the DE I was able to get some pressure, but if I didnt controll the DE then we would not put any pressure on the QB. The CPU QB was again pinpoint accurate. The have completed 40/48 passes for an 83% completion percentage over two games.

QB Stats

FSU 16/32 299 1TD 3INT
    Neb 22/27 257 2TD 1INT

Rushing
    FSU 16att 30yds
    Neb 18att 80yds

Oline
    FSU 3pancakes
    NEB 0pancakes

15. abolishthefed

Arkansas 27
    Georgia (me) 10

I'm thinking All American may be the way to go on this. Gave up 250 yards rushing, as the computer RB broke tackles on 3/4 of the plays. I attempted to pass the ball 22 times, the computer had 11 hurries, 8 knockdowns, and 5 sacks.

16. Hova

Those of you who have tried hiesman try some on All American now and report what your getting. Still waiting to hear from everyone

17. Hova

Be sure to post CPU and USER stats for the AA games as well. This will help to decide what sliders need to be adjusted.

18. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I have posted three games in the Experience thread. I will copy over to here in the morning if needed. I have to be up in 5 1/2 hours so no can do tonight. Besides we all know i'd end up playing another game or three if dont go to bed now

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

USC - 24
    UCLA - 10

5 min quarters on Heisman

USC put up just over 300 yards total offense while I mustered a mere 129. The biggest issue was the sacks and the pressure. 8 sacks, numrous hurries. My best play seemed to be the QB scramble to save his life. If we go heisman, I may have to seriously rethink playing with UCLA. I dont think my heart could take going 0-12!!!

20. abolishthefed

Forgot to mention I played a user game against my brother last night on 5 min AA. The settings were pretty good. I was North Carolina and I defeated his Miami team 23-0. I held him to 33 yards in the first half. The Tar Heels defense is badass in this game.

21. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I played a game against Papa Perry on AA with 7 minute quarters. I was Florida and he was Oregon. The final score was 24-7 but I don't remember much of the statistics. I do know my offense was not dominant but I was able to move the ball. With the Florida playbook and Brantley at QB I was forced to pass more than I have in my Ohio State games. On defense my team forced a few turnovers, I think 2 interceptions and a fumble.

22. Hova

The AA scores over the The Experience are yielding way to many user turnovers but we cant tweak that with the INT slider and what not. Looks like we are leaning towards AA as a group. Keep the results coming, this time on AA.

23. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah if I get time I'll try to play some on Heisman tonight. I also will likely play a user game or 2 tonight (after 8 EST) so if anyone wants to play hit me up on Live. I tried to play Shino (Trifecta) last night but we were having connction issues. The game didn't disconnect but the lag was so bad the game was giving me headaches. Not sure if this was because we tried playing during peak hours or if one of us had a bad connection.

24. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

After having Marshall in Pryor's face all day, I do agree that if we use Heisman we should tweak the pass block a tad.

25. abolishthefed

I think the INT settings are ok, but there are way too many fumbles.