Slider Difficulty

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Slider Difficulty

What is everyone's feeling on the sliders? I have realized I have the wrong set in the OD compared to what is in the description thread. I though we might bumb up the CPU run ability some considering I have seen some teams just shut down running the ball. I have also seen some Heisman slider that are not changed and are a little tough but beatable but the guy that posted them on OS also reccommends 8 min quarters which would call for longer games.

Thoughts?

2. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Personally I like them the way they are. The only thing that bugs me is that the CPU misses or at least comes close to missing a PAT every game. I coould also deal with a little more leg on our kickers. Otherwise I think they are great.

I am a little nervous about moving the difficulty up to Heisman just because they scare me a little.

3. Papa Perry

What I may do is get someone to upload a copy of the dynasty for us to try out with different sliders. Doesn't make sense to screw up our OD by testing sliders. I will move up the kicker accuracy on the CPU along with kick power for user and cpu. I'm gonna do some research on that though cause the last thing we need is every kicker to be able to drill it from 50+ when their kick rating isn't that high. The one thing I know will not be adjusted is the block ratings because I believe if the go up any more everyone will be able to return kickoffs for TD's. Does anyone know if messing with the kick accuracy for users makes a difference?

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

It is hard for me to gage slider quality anyways. I am Ohio State and I'm almost always playing CPU opponents that are much less talented than my school (MAC schools, military schools, Big 10 bottom tier). I do agree the kick accuracy for CPU is off, like HornFan said. Nearly every game they miss a PAT and I don't give up a lot of TD's. I'd also like to be able to do kick off further than 20 yard line, but it doesn't help my kickers all have leg strength of a 7 year old girl.

5. Papa Perry

That was my point but then again I dont think there have been many big leg kickers that come in as freshmen in NCAA 10 when we all know that it happens more in real life the they just get shook up a little easier. Thats something that would be nice for them to implement into NCAA 11. No matter what the rating on the kicker or punter, the meter is the same. If he has a power leg but isn't accurate shouldnt the meter be bigger with the "accuracy line" further down?

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm against Heisman. I don't have fun playing Heisman, the cpu makes way too many spectacular plays...its gets incredibly frustrating.