Slider Discusion

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by dj illmatic 23, Oct 2, 2012.

1. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

bringbackjimmy
    Bondzai
    I'm posting this to get some discussion going regarding the sliders. I think our biggest concern is making the CPU difficult, but not cheap as hell like it was in the reboot that fell apart. The following is just what I'm seeing and my own opinions.

1. I would go with All-Star difficulty and set the sliders to simulation before I customize them. This will leave every slider we don't touch at the level it would be on with simulation settings.

2. I would move all the user shooting sliders back to 50, and leave the rest of the user sliders alone. In user games, we are all playing with the same sliders, so it's an even playing field. I think the sliders we adopt should address the CPU. The reason I would bump the user shooting sliders back to 50 is to get realistic shooting % in CPU games.

3. From what I'm seeing so far, CPU shooting needs to come down. I can't say how far until I play a few more games, but they are still hitting too many crazy shots.

4. I bumped CPU vertical down to 40, and offensive rebounding down to 20. The CPU is amazing at offensive rebounding. Guards out jump your Center, PF, and SF all at the same time for a rebound.

5. I bumped CPU steal down to 40.

6. I bumped CPU speed down to 40. The CPU seems to out run your players down the court every play. Big men out run guards and forwards even when your holding the sprint button down.

This is all I've seen so far. Try these and/or post your own changes and feedback as well.

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

bringbackjimmy What do you have the settings at in your test OA.

I think we start at default and go from there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i haven't messed with them

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i haven't played a cpu game so i don't know what needs adjustment.

5. Bondzai

Are you running Pro or All-Star?

6. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

From my understanding last year, Pro was way too easy, and All-Star was cheap as hell (I can attest to the last part.) I'll keep testing sliders for CPU games, while I take my Knicks to the title. (Foreshadowing the real season to come;) ) I would love some feedback or ideas. I don't want to touch user sliders, but I think it's important to get the CPU right.

7. Bondzai

Last year in our OAs, Pro was good and All Star was complete shit.

8. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

From what I was told, you had guys that never lost to the CPU on pro. Are we ok with that? We'll have a lot of CPU games. It takes the fun out when you know you're going to win. I think we can come up with a challenging but fair All-star slider set. I've done slider sets before. Have a little faith in me people:)

9. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

That was a small few. We had several people that lost with regularity to the CPU and there were a lot of close games (as I recall - Bondzai tell me if I'm mis-remembering).

The danger with making sliders that ensure that the top players have a challenge is that those who are not as good at the game will be trampled in every CPU game. Personally, I think guys that are good at any sports game are going to win far more than they lose vs the CPU regardless of the settings you use, so I think the game difficulty should be set to ensure the most enjoyable experience for the majority of the league.

• Like Like x 3
  10. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

I will have the game tonight and I will start looking into some some sliders.

11. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Agreed. People still lost games on Pro for sure. Sliders are a slippery slope. We can change the difficulty mid OA now, correct? If so, I say we start on something like Pro-Simulation and then adjust from there.

Especially with the new controls....it will take guys time to get used to the new game. Also, we should make sure we have a solid sample size of members to provide input. What's easy for the better players may be a nightmare for others.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  12. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I lost a bunch of games to the CPU. I think it's way too early in the cycle to even think about sliders. The controls alone handicap all of us. If we can change them at anytime, I would be happy rolling with default for the first season and tweaking them season 2.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bondzai

You have bad sources.

14. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

It was the Baseline Skype I think. That's fine though. Just trying to help. Damn, this is a tough room:) Are we going with Pro with simulation sliders or Pro with default sliders?

15. PAgamer07

If sim is an option that's my vote. Realistic fouls are always nice. Probably cut back on spamming steal button too

• Like Like x 2
  16. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I hope everyone here agrees spamming the steal button is douchery.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dru50

Well, you never know with KnightNoles.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bondzai

DJ is starting to remind me of Nautica. :)

• Like Like x 4
  19. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Thanks?

20. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Easy way to tell if hes being nice is to find said member.;)

21. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Bondzai

I haven't touched anything. I did Sim every game to see if we have to wait on the clock but I had to wait for the day to advance for the 1st 3 games to Sim.

22. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I think we should do 58 pro Sim on fast.

Most people seem to think the game is good out of the box. We can change stuff after we get a sample size.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Dru50

How fast is 'fast'? Just being realistic for me but I don't think I can play a game of 2k every day. On weekends I could get more in, but if needed I don't care about sims but I know others really despise them.

• Like Like x 2
  24. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I believe
    6 hrs per day fast
    8 normal
    12 slow

25. PAgamer07

I doubt I can keep up with fast. I thought commissioner could control the advance. JFace907 ? bringbackjimmy