Slider Discussion (yea here we go again )

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Slider Discussion (yea here we go again )

Ok guys i've noticed the complaints so please air ALL COMPLAINTS WITH SUGGESTED SOLUTIONS HERE

2. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

1.) Well for starters I think if we do implement a slider set it should be fairly close to the default settings. With the in game tuning and patches the game plays extremely well on default settings.

2.) If we do take a slider set from another league lets make sure they are playing with similar caliber teams. Correct me if im wrong, but this last slider set came from Saturday Heros? Where they are playing with teams like Texas, Ohio State, Florida, ect.

3.) Lets not concentrate so much on real stats but more on real game play. For example, a RB can have avg of 3-4 yards a carry and on paper you would be like nice sliders. But if in the game the RB never has negative carries or long runs then the sliders really aren't that good in reality. The same can be said with ints, dropped passes, broken tackles and the list goes on. Id rather have 50 dropped balls from passes being thrown into coverage and my WR not making a catch. Then trying to have "real" number of drop passes where my WR is WIDE open and drops the ball.

4.) Lastly, when we change the sliders.... EVERYONE TEST THEM. Give feedback, opinions, likes, dislikes. Don't just sit around doing nothing then complain if you dont like what has been implemented. Honestly, when you think about it, sliders are a HUGE part of the overall experience, maybe one of the biggest.

On a side note I think scheduling more user vs users games would help in the overall scheme and experience of things. It allows you to play more strategic against a real human and its helps if you, win or lose, to know that it wasn't all about the CPU playing like a maniac.

3. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Well it looks like we lost the last two days worth of threads.

Upon further investigation, I actually think we should use SN's sliders as the base. They seem to be updated and tested regularly and have a lot of fans.

I played some games and adjusted some settings and I found what I liked:

Run Block 40/70 (dialed User up 20)
    Pass Coverage 50/75 (dialed User up 10, CPU down 5)
    Rush Defense 25/75 (User up 5, CPU down 5) *** Maybe should put CPU back up to 80
    FG Accuracy 25/65 (User up 15) *** I don't think I should have to concentrate on PATs. I missed two at level 10.
    Punt Accuracy 20/65 (User up 10)

These aren't perfect. Running might be a little too easy for User and still a little hard for CPU. Passing seems pretty close to me.

I'd like to hear what you guys think.

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I have created us a test dynasty. I sent all of you guys an invite. Please test and post your stats. You can change teams etc whenever you like but i suggest using your dynasty team so you get a feel for them. I took our sliders and made some modifications as a base.

5. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

So I just played the test sliders and I got murdered.

The Iowa St QB was 25 of 28.

I had no Pass protection.

I don't think these are close.

6. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

suggestions on what sliders should be adjusted ?

7. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

I think we should use SN's sliders as a base with my adjustments listed above.

But if we're going to use this test one as a base, then I think for starters User Pass Blocking and User Pass Defense needs to be upped. But the game seemed so out of whack it was hard to really tell what the problem areas are. Was I throwing picks because I didn't have time to throw or because the CPU Pass Defense was too tight? Or did I make bad decisions?

I know I threw every trick in the book to try to slow down the CPU Passing attack and nothing even came close to working. I think these are worse than what we are currently using.

8. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Ok at next advance ill switch to SN sliders just be aware those are the first set that everyone was complaining about. Before we switched to the set were on now.

9. ChaoticUT

Those were money! Who was complaining about it? What exactly did they say? Because I thought those played real well

10. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I can't remember off the top of my head ill have to do some research. I will switch to SN sliders when i get home and we can do our adjusting from there.

11. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Heres a couple different slider sets ive found. Some things to keep in mind is A: We may not be using the caliber teams these guys are testing with and B: These guys testing may be at a higher skill level.

Let me know which should be a base set and ill swap it when i get home in 2 hours

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-sliders/428173-jistics-aa-ncaa-11-sliders.html

Jistic's AA NCAA 11 Sliders

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haven't posted sliders much these days but thought I'd share these because they're working out great for me. Your mileage may vary.

All American
    8 min quarters
    Slow speed
    Threshold 15

Penalties...well by now you realize you can pretty much max everything but holding, clipping, and facemask which stay anywhere from 50-55 imo.

Anyway if these help, great.

Human listed first.

QB Accuracy............45-45
    Pass Blocking...........55-55
    WR Catching............50-55
    RB Ability.................50-55
    Run Blocking.............45-45

Pass Coverage..........35-35
    Pass Rush.............. ..50-50
    Interceptions............15-25
    Run Defense.............45-55
    Tackling...................45-40

FG Power................35-30
    FG Accuracy.............20-45
    Punt Power...............55-60
    Punt Accuracy...........25-45
    Kickoff Power.............10-40

Here are SN'S (i remember people complaining about the lack of rushing and the lack of tackling --ie -# of broken tackles etc

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-sliders/426045-sns-all-american-sliders.html

*** SN's All American/Heisman Sliders ***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are NO HOUSE RULES for this slider set. You are free to play at your own discretion. Remember, it is a video game after all and it is all about having some fun. Sure, I'd love to have the stats to be perfect, but there will be some anomalies. Everyone has their own playing style so the sliders can be adjusted to their own liking.

IN-GAME TIPS

- Use your skills to your advantage. "User Catch" significantly increases your chances of catching the ball. If you're covered, you can be prone to dropping so be aware of that.

- Rely on gang tackling. It is your best friend.

- Be patient with the running game. Fighting for just 2-3 yards is a norm, especially if you're a weak team

- Pressing Up on RS while being engaged in a tackle causes higher risk of fumbling so avoid that!

- Passing in a tight man to man coverage will put you at risk for an easy INT. Double coverage = Good job, Mr. QB!

- Set your feet if you want to pass at a higher percentage, simple as that. If you are being pressured, your QB accuracy will drop.

- Pump fake the ball while scanning the field! It actually helps with creating some coverage breakdowns. If you have the time to pump fake, then try it. It can be done by moving RS in any direction that you want to aim at.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SN's All American Sliders (POST PATCH #3 - v1.0) - USING SPEED THRESHOLD AT 25
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is now considered as a tough base slider set, which basically means that it is fine for permanent use, but still open to possible tweaks to make it easier, if needed to meet your skill level. We have to consider that EA Sports may adjust the Tuner Sets, which could cause changes with this slider set.

Personal Preferences
    Auto Sprint: Off
    Auto Strafe: Off

Gameplay Options
    Skill.........................All American
    Injuries.....................On
    Fatigue.....................On
    Quarter Length...........8 minutes
    Play Clock..................On
    Game Speed...............Normal
    Speed Threshold..........25
    HFA Effect..................On
    Ice the Kicker..............On

Game Rules
    Offsides........................95 - (Not much offsides, but with Gameplan on Aggressive, you should have more!)
    False Start....................95 - (Not much false starts, but with Gameplan on Aggressive, you should have more!)
    Holding.........................50 - (Not much holding, but with Gameplan on Aggressive, you should have more!)
    Facemask......................50 - (Occasionally called, but Aggressive will get more for trying to strip the ball.)
    O Pass Interference........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    D Pass Interference........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    KR/PR Interference..........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    Clipping.........................55 - (Occasionally called, but Aggressive Blocking will get more clipping.)
    Intentional Grounding.......100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    Roughing the Passer.........100 - (Possible to get away with it, but can be easily called, if it happens)
    Roughing the Kicker.........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)

Custom AI (HUM/CPU)

QB Accuracy...................10-15
    Pass Blocking..................40-60
    WR Catching...................50-50
    RB Ability.......................50-50
    Run Blocking...................20-70
    Pass Coverage................40-80
    Pass Rush......................45-55
    Interceptions..................10-20
    Rush Defense..................20-80
    Tackling.........................40-40
    FG Power........................10-25
    FG Accuracy...................10-65
    Punt Power......................10-50
    Punt Accuracy.................10-65
    KO Power........................35-55

Auto-Subs
    QB OUT - 25
    QB IN - 75
    RB OUT - 79
    RB IN - 80
    WR OUT - 79
    WR IN - 85
    FB/TE OUT - 50
    FB/TE IN - 70
    OL OUT - 50
    OL IN - 70

DT OUT - 75
    DT IN - 80
    DE OUT - 75
    DE IN - 80
    LB OUT - 60
    LB IN - 80
    CB OUT - 35
    CB IN - 75
    S OUT - 35
    S IN - 75

I want to mention to everyone that this All American set is actually TOUGH. Due to my skill level, I made it harder since I believe most of my fans are pretty skilled by now with NCAA Football 11.

This is considered the toughest version. Expect to have some tough games against B-/C+ teams, even as all A team so don't take those teams for granted, but it should be easy against C- or worse.

Personally, I feel that it is good enough for me for All American level. Hope you guys will enjoy it and be able to tweak it to your own skill level.

-----

Easy Tweaks to your Skill Level

Passing the ball is too hard?
    Lowers the CPU's Pass Coverage

Rushing with the ball is too hard?
    Lowers the CPU's Run Defense

Run Defense too hard for you?
    Lowers the CPU's Run Blocking

Passing Defense too hard for you?
    Raises the HUM's Pass Coverage

12. bdub

bdub Walk On

OK just got done with my game Utah vs Pitt. Lost the game 34 to 31. The game played pretty good and I had enough pass protection but I run my offense out of the shotgun and Utah has a really good O-Line so that could be the reason.

One thing I couldn't do was get pressure on their QB I tried every blitz I could think of and it just didn't work for me. Not sure how to adjust that but may be something to look at.

13. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

Z2H Test

[​IMG]

The cpu threw the ball 51 times and completed 35 of them. Cpu was very inconsistent, their qb looked like payton manning on one drive then an average joe the next. My qb was the same. some throws were on the money while others were not even close. Im not very familiar with sliders but i think they are definitely in the cpu's favor.

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I have advanced the slider test dynasty to week 2. The sliders for week 2 are secelites post patch 3 sliders. Please test and post stats and thoughts.

15. bdub

bdub Walk On

Great, thanks for all your hard work on this Sabo. I will try to get in a game tonight and test them out.

16. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Its no prob. Just looking out for our dynasty. Im ready to get us a confirmed set of sliders lol

17. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Not really digging the 2nd week sliders. Only played 2 and a half quarters of the game, but forced 7 turnovers through 2 and a half quarters.

[​IMG]

18. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Guys please dont get frustrated with the set that is currently in use on our dynasty. I am doing my best to get us set straight on the slider situation.

I can take and start from default AA settings and you guys can suggest what to bump up or what to bump down and we can create our own set.

19. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Not frustrated at all, just giving my input. Sorry if it came off like that

20. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Not really frustrated either. In the end, it's a video game and won't ever be "perfect."

On that note, how about the Nevada Wolf Pack doing what I couldn't do last season in this game...beating Cal(y)

21. Dannyboy0003

Dannyboy0003 Walk On

I will try to get my test game in tonight vs West Virginia. My preemptive thoughts are that the pass protection does need work as well as the run blocking. I have 2 pretty solid backs that are consistantly getting throttled by C-USA competition. Now I know Marshall is no powerhouse and the whole fun of a dynasty like this is struggling to build up a program and hopefully move to a bigger school but I should be able to run the ball with decent continuity in my own conference.

I will post my stats and thoughts after I play my test game tonight.

On a side note....thanks Sabo for being so diligent in your effort to run a great dynasty. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say thank you.

22. ChaoticUT

Just got done playing a game. Kentucky (Me) vs. WKU. I won 38-6. Game felt pretty smooth and you could really tell who the star players were for each team. I made sure to put Cobb in on Wildcat (Kentucky has a really nice pro style play book with a nice mix of play if anyone was looking for a new pb) and get him the ball a lot, you could really tell how much better he was then their whole defense. On the flip side, they had an impact WR who was making some great catches and took a fly sweep for like 20, but that was pretty much the extent of their offense. Ill play some more and see what I think.

23. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

If this set don't work out we can look at what sliders some of the rebuilding leagues around tf are using.

24. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Can we at least try the SN sliders with the adjustments I outlined earlier it the thread?

SN's sliders are widely accepted to be good. And if we think they are too hard we can just make them easier by adjusting a few sliders.

I'm not religious about it. And I don't care what sliders we use, as long as they are accepted by the league. But it seems like the best course of action is start with a widely accepted set and then tweak them to our liking.

I played this week's sliders, but I played against FCS so I can't really tell anything. I know I destroyed them but I had a hard time stopping the FCS offense in our real league.

25. Dannyboy0003

Dannyboy0003 Walk On

I played the first half of Marshall vs West Virginia (CPU) last night before being froze out. I was getting crushed. It is hard for me to tell playing against that caliber of a team. I could run the ball a little bit better but the play action was still a gauranteed 10 yard loss every time. Defense was tough. I threw about 3 picks in the first half. I am ok with whatever everyone else wants to do but I would be totally ok with making them easier than how we have them set for the actual league (at least the run blocking and pass blocking). It is also (in current league and test slider league) very hard to get any pressure on the qb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.