Slider Discussion

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by The Parrothead, Jul 14, 2013.

1. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

So far what I've heard is that we should increase QBA a bit, as outs and corners seem to be useless routes. Any other thoughts on this?

Any thoughts on any of the other sliders? I did notice I was called for clipping 4 times in my first game. Anyone else seeing a lot of one kind of penalty? I also had a pretty tough time stopping the CPU running game. I think the only thing that took them out of it was the turnover bug they came down with, causing them to fall behind big. Anybody else have anything to say about the running game?

I've got no problem adjusting the sliders week by week based on what we notice, so feel free to chime in with your thoughts.

2. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Qba is only need I have seen. Yes I have noticed a few penalties not four clipping in one game mine is mainly roughing the passer on both sides, but I didn't mind, they don't call the ones that are 100% still except an occasional false start when CPU tries to hard count, and I just feel like the penalties add that extra element in making the game a little tougher and less predictable. I know others have had issues with run d, I have not yet but doesn't mean it wont come

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Publik said it perfectly. I had fun in my game today vs Miami (OH). Only thing I would say is QBA needs a bump. CPU did miss 2 FGs today against me. Idk if Miami(OH)'s kicker sucks, Commentators said he was a senior so I doubt it.

4. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

QBA in my game with Parrot last night was terrible.

My kicker accuracy in game against Arkansas was terrible and my kicker is pretty good I think.

• Like Like x 1
  5. wahoogamer

wahoogamer Walk On

Yeah I think the QBA can get bumped up. Shocking change from last week did we change anything from then?

6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I didn't change a thing. I do think QBA needs to be bumped up some. Riptides couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat last night.

7. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Okay, I haven't had a cpu game yet, so I was playing some practice and I don't know what the hell is up with my receivers! Drop after drop after drop! They couldn't catch gonorrhea in a whore house!

8. Ghost

You guys and these metaphors LMAO:LOL:

• Like Like x 1
  9. wahoogamer

wahoogamer Walk On

I also had a decent amount of drops for both sides

10. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I think it would be best to revisit it all after week 3 games have been played. I know some have only had a user game to compare to (or two in Riptides' case), and most everyone has only had one CPU game overall. Week 3 will allow everyone (I think) to have had 2 user games to check it out. Perhaps the CPU teams are too powerful in some aspects or user teams aren't powerful enough. I've seen the sliders DO impact user games, as there's no way some of the throws I saw last night sail 15 yards out of bounds, and when I have Rip tell me after he throws a completed pass that he was trying to throw it to another guy and it was nowhere near him. I do think we'll need to turn QBA up, but like I said, want everyone to have a chance to discuss their thoughts about what they see after having more than 1 CPU game. Post your thoughts here about which sliders you think need changed and how much.

BALLisL1FE 21
    Ghost
    Riptides
    Will Atkinson
    tar heel
    HuskerPower
    kcstlmang
    publik drunk
    LeGeNd RiPs
    dmw7782
    wahoogamer

11. Ghost

:D, Nice wait til after I play OU to change it lol. ;), I like how you think.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BALLisL1FE 21

BALLisL1FE 21 Walk On

I think CPU blocking needs to be turned down a little. ULL manhandeled my DLine. And I have one of the best in the SEC. ULL had over 200 rushing yards on me. The Parrothead

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Haha. Didn't look at anyone's schedule to check things out. Wanted to hear from folks after they've all had a sample size greater than 1.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I thought so as well, but only tar heel said anything about it, so I thought maybe it was just the two of us. I think the running game is too strong on the user side of the ball, too, but that was only in my CPU game. I also think the read option works TOO well. Just my thoughts.

15. Ghost

All of those I agree with, There really no way to tone down the RO though. If you want to stop it, just turn the QB option gameplan to aggressive, so to the DE or whoever the QB is reading will stay instead of following the RB. Even though that does help the RB gain more yards. You have a better chance of stuffing the RB on a read option than you do if the QB takes off.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I agree on the Read Option thoughts. It's a tough play to stop in real life if run properly. I just think it seems like QB's that shouldn't be able to run it great are doing so. Like you mentioned, nothing to do to turn it down in terms of a slider, etc. Perhaps an adjustment to run blocking or run defense, but even then I'm not sure. I've run it a bit and I think I'm getting too much with it. Like I said, it's just my thoughts. You can definitely use the gameplan on the option plays, as that's allowed. The only thing that isn't at this point is run commit.

17. Ghost

Yea, I try not to use it too much as it's a really good play and works 85% of the time. Maybe turning down Run Blocking would work or turn up Run defense for CPU

18. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  19. LeGeNd RiPs

20. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Yeah. Everyone's done with games and recruiting, so no need to wait.

21. LeGeNd RiPs

Sounds good! Do you know what time? Just tryin to schedule my game. :)

22. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'll probably advance it around 6 pm, give or take. Depends on traffic, getting the kids, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  23. LeGeNd RiPs

Sounds good bud. I know how that goes.