Slider Discussion

Discussion in '1st and 10' started by Kasper, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Feel free to throw your two cents in on slider talk here.

2. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
  3. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

WOW!!! Throw people under the bus much? Anywho, Let me play my game and we will discuss it. I was actually just going to let it go since I felt I was the only one with the concern/suggestion. I am man enough to say IF (strong if) I am wrong in my findings.

• Like Like x 1
  4. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    lol. He merely brought it up, and I know you like slider discussion, so just wanted to let you know we are listening. Sliders are never set in stone, we will be constantly tweaking until we find the best set.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I hate how I can't read sarcasm online very well.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

Madden 15 shipped beautifully outside of overwhelming amount of drops picks imo

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I am always all for guys catching things that should be picks. Bad decisions should mean oskies.

8. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

Kasper, broth262 I don't think every bad throw should be a pick. I just want to see some realism in a video game (I know oxymoron) but I do. We shouldn't see defenders running free to the QB every down. But like I said earlier let me play my game, and we shall talk. Let the week one stats develop and who knows I may decide that these sliders are good. I would like to hear other people speak on this also. Get more opinions on this. This is the same group from GroupChat and no one else.

DreSmithJr I think EA did do a good job but we all know that this game is not perfect out of the box. It does need some adjusting.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

"Perfect" is so subjective- but I get your point. I liked how my game played last night. It was a game featuring two good defensive units and I thought it played out just that way. How did you feel about it sschevyridah ?

10. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

I watched your game and I will admit it looked good. I also watched a game from Hard Knocks and they looked good too. It's the same sliders correct?

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I don't think so- but I got what I wanted out of it. Manziel missed a few throws, and one that he should make 9.9 out of 10 times-- but he made a rookie miss on an easy dump pass. That's what I want out of sliders (personally).

League wide, I just want everyone to be happy and not dread playing their game.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I would like to tweak the penalty sliders- I don't think wkward83 and I had one in our entire game.

This isn't something I will do "blindly" I will wait until I talk to people that have a good set figured out... fyi.

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Hey guys, bit of an update and seeking some discussion to spark:

1) I'm working on getting some penalty sliders- hopefully within a couple days.

2) With the change to All Pro, if anything seems like it doesn't play well please post here! We changed to all pro in hopes guys wouldn't have to dread playing CPU.

3) I have had one person tell me hb dives are over powered would like feedback on this please.

14. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

I believe they are. Especially singleback isos. They are almost guaranteed 10 yards an attempt. The RBs just blow by the DTs as if they are not there and for some reason the LBs don't react or somehow get blocked out of the play everytime. On one occasion I sent a double A gap blitz looking for that particular play with me controlling the MLB and the RB still got through untouched. This has become a concern now that EA put that tuner in to nerf DT block shedding.

15. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Honestly. I think it depends. I run a 3-4 with a good NT in the middle. It depends on,what you have your LBs doing,on,the play if they step in to,fill the gap or not. If your running a cover 2 and your LB have to cover deep middle they are heading to,cover,that deep middle. So leaves a big gap. On,a 3-4 my DT stuffs up the middle and my LB cover the run up the middle really well, you can ask a lot of my opponents CamInMyMind1350 Danthraxxx neither of their running backs were gashing me for any kind of big yardage up the middle or big yardage in general. It depends on your defense and what you have your players doing and especially your player recognition. If your players recognition,is,really low,they are going to do what there supposed to as opposed to bouncing back and changing to stuff the run.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

First of all, saying it is "almost guaranteed 10 yards an attempt" is a massive overstatement. If anyone is having that much success with it, please speak up now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Great discussion guys, lol

18. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Felt fine for the half of football I played , we had I think 2 face mask calls and an offsides. We had two roughing passer calls but I felt those were not too sensitive and hopefully that will make people think twice about trying to get 7 sacks a game.

:4stars:

19. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    I will say I have noticed on a 4-3 that my lineman get completely blown up on inside runs. On 3-4 with a strong enough NT I don't think its as bad.

As for penalty sliders, the facemasks have been a tad excessive.

• Like Like x 1
  20. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

My NT who has been a beast all year, was having a lot of trouble this week it could be that he was facing Mangold but he has been a force all year and today really wasn't any kind of,force or meaningful pressure.

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I might bump face masks down a point- I think I've heard people aren't liking it. I only have seen two or so per game.

22. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I haven't minded them as much as the phantom roughing call I got lol

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I have had one go against me- and I wasn't controlling him.

That said, stuff like that happens. I get the frustrating part of it if you KNOW it wasn't roughing, but overall I like that slider so far.

24. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I really hate the roughing/facemask sliders. It seems like both these penalties happen at random and not according to any real animation. I have had 5 roughing and 3 facemasks in the past 2 weeks and only one looked anything close to realistic

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I did turn roughing down a point.