Slider Discussion

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Slider Discussion

Something I'm seeing in the game results that I will continue to monitor is that the cpu passing stats are really crazy. I will post some examples from numbers that people have posted so we can decide if anyone thinks this is an issue.

I'm all for the cpu being competitive, but not at the cost of having the cpu qb's put up stats like tom brady circa 2007.

Post here is there are any other slider related issues you want discussed.

2. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

I say we use the exact same sliders as T2. Them seem to have a pretty good thing going over there.............

3. Dru50

I brought up that possibility when we were discussing the reboot, but the majority of the existing members wanted to leave it with the old T3 sliders.

I'm not looking for dramatic changes, and my preference would be to wait for the offseason to switch sliders around, unless people are seeing really off the wall results.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I like heisman and I think we need to keep it close to default. Moving the sliders too much creates a huge discrepency between games vs the CPU and user games. Also, IMO, moving the sliders can ruin the game as it takes it out of balance that the programmers intended. Obviously some parts of the game aren't tuned perfectly, but anything too major would be a problem.

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I'm not a fan of Heisman because it neuters USER talent in order to level the playing field.

In T1, we are using new sliders which I believe were based off of T2's sliders (may be the same I can't remember). We are only a few games in but I'm digging them so far. Cupcakes still get eaten, but you definitely have to pay attention when playing good squads or you will lose.

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I was thinking about this this morning. The CPU QB is lights out. I mean I think I play pretty good D but I can't get them off the field. I played Vandy and they were something like 60% on 3rd down conversions. The QB stats were ridiculous in my two games. I want a good game and I don't want to win all my CPU games but damn it was tough too beat Vandy and SMU. In TF4 we use AA sliders and its a tough game when playing the B+ rated teams and up. If you throw out the FCS games (and even Oregons Super QB)I bet you would be looking at some sick CPU QB ratings in user games.

7. GoGators

We just started using the T1/T2 sliders slightly modified in Southern Exposure. I'm hearing good things so far, we even had a couple guys get beat or go to OT in week 1. The sliders we are using are posted in the SE Rules thread in the forum.

8. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

For the most part, I'm good with whatever the majority wants. The one thing I want is for user RB ability to stay at 50 though. If you lower RB ability, speed backs lose their whole purpose, as you bounce a run outside only to be chased down from behind by a DE with 80 speed.

9. GoGators

Agreed! That's something I noticed last year with the T2 sliders. The sliders we're using in SE this season seem much better on this front. It completely changes the game because speed backs become almost useless while power backs are still able to break tackles and fall forward.

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I had to cut the RB ability back in T2 because of the stick jockeys I have. If I bumped it up, there would be 5 or 6 teams with 2000 yard backs.

Results will vary depending on the skill of your users.

11. Dru50

I'm with Drifter on the RB Ability slider. Moving to AA and keeping it at 50 is a recipe for ludicrous user running results. In C2C and CTL we are at AA with user RB ability at 40 and in both dynasty's the user RB's still average 5-6 yards a carry and everyone who wants to run vs the CPU can do so pretty effectively.

By comparison, the now defunct OFFL Mid Majors was on AA with user RB ability at 50, and by the end of the season, the top 10 rushers were all user backs, from teams like Colorado St, New Mexico and Nevada, and they had YPC averages in the 6-8 yard range. It was out of hand.

To me, if you guys want to stay at Heisman, we can keep the user RB ability at 50 for now, but if everyone wants to move to AA, it will need to come down to 45 at minimum, but I'd be more likely to move it to 40.

12. GoGators

I'd suggest increasing the CPU tackling and rush defense slider as opposed to moving RB ability to 40.

13. astealthyhippo

If we stay in Heisman, I am good with RB ability, but I feel the QB accuracy needs to come down. Masoli raped me for almost 500 yards and I'm not that bad.

If we move to AA, it seems like Blaza and GoGators have that covered as far as what works well.

14. astealthyhippo

Apologies for sidetracking off into the RB ability chat. I am fine with how it is now, and I understand needing to lower it/adjust other areas like Gators suggested if we do ever drop difficulty to AA to keep stats "sim".

I am completely fine with the current set of sliders, but if we were to adjust them my only gripe is QB accuracy after Masoli's 31/35 469 yard 7 TD performance against me. I'm not the greatest player ever, but I don't suck that bad.

15. Dru50

I could be wrong, but I think that most of the established TF dynasties that run AA have user RB ability set below 50. Most users are way too good on the sticks to not do something to limit the ability of the backs.

Like I said, if we get more people to chime in (right now only 3 people out of 11 - not including me - have commented on this at all) we can make a change, but I don't want to mess with sliders week to week.

I think I'd like to give it a few game weeks with the sliders we are using and then assess where things are at. I brought up the CPU QB play because that is leaping out at this point.

16. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

After week One the CPU's QB stats looked like this 232-361 for 64% 18 TD's 18 INT's. Not too bad take out the FBS game and it looks like this 221-328 67% 18 TD's 17 INT's.

17. GoGators

nice work york. I don't remember everybody we played, but 67% isn't that bad for college I don't think.

18. GoGators

not to ask you to do more work, but do you know what the user QB statistics were?

19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

If there is a way we can get realistic stats and not have the HBs be totally gimped that would be nice. I hate it when the RB feels like he is running in sand.

I like it that we play on Heisman also... but I am fine with any changes really.

20. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Stats take a good set of sliders, but it also takes a commitment from the dynasty to keep everything realistic. Having a guy bust for 220 every game while some may struggle to get 75 really makes everything lopsided.

21. GoGators

One thing I've noticed over the past couple games is the CPU pass blocking really needs to be turned down.

I had a couple games where I rushed 4 and the QB had so long that the WR's completed their initial routes and then had broken the route off against my zone coverage before the CPU QB threw the ball. After he finally threw it when someone broke open, my 4 man rush still was no where near him.

22. Dru50

After the next advance I will take a look at sacks in cpu games and let everyone know how it looks.

23. Dru50

I have to be honest, I really am not a fan of the sliders/settings we currently have. In my last game with Bama, the CPU came out in a 4-3 on every play, even against 4 wide on 3rd and long, and it blitzed about 90% of the time. That's the reason that I could put up 45 points, I knew that at least every other play I'd be looking at straight man coverage and a 7-8 man rush. When the CPU is that predictable the game just isn't enjoyable. I'm not sure if it's the sliders really, I think it may be more the Heisman setting, but I'm not sure.

I'm really starting to think we should move to a set of sliders like the ones used in many other leagues around TF (AA with modified sliders).

I don't know how much of my defensive struggles are due to me sucking vs the sliders so I won't comment there.

24. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Don't have time to go into it right this second--but I agree the sliders are funky. I saw some very weird things out of Texas Tech in my game with them last night. Although I able to pull out the win, I saw a TON of robo-QB for the 2nd game in a row. Admittedly, I was playing Tyler Potts who is extremely accurate in the game.

One thing that had nothing to do with sliders but still pissed me off---I was down 10-0 and TT scored to make it 16-0, ok. So the kicker misses the XP and I'm getting ready to receive the ball right? WRONG! Those C-Suckers made me kickoff, wtf? Nevere seen that glitch before.
    Anyways--yeah I'm for moving to some sort of modified AA sliders. Too many weird things happen on Heisman.

25. GoGators

I'll condone the move to AA to be in-line with all the other leagues here too.