Slider Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MorsDraconis, Jul 16, 2010.

1. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Slider Discussion

Figured I'd get it started since it's been decided we are going with All-American, these are the sliders that I've come up with so far:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    OFFENSE HUM CPU
    QB ACCURACY 40 50
    PASS BLOCK 50 40
    WR CATCH 55 55
    RB ABILITY 50 60
    RUN BLOCK 60 80
    DEFENSE HUM CPU
    PASS COVERAGE 35 45
    PASS RUSH 70 50
    INTERCEPTIONS 50 50
    RUSH DEFENSE 35 50
    TACKLING 50 50
    SPECIAL TEAMS HUM CPU
    FG LENGTH 55 30
    FG ACCURACY 35 50
    PUNT LENGTH 50 50
    PUNT ACCURACY 40 50
    KO LENGTH 35 50

Haven't extensively tested it, but it seems to work pretty well besides getting the CPU to really run the ball well, but I haven't tested it against a team that runs power.

2. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Do NOT like extra FG length. In fact, took it down to 40 for cpu and hum. I think that is about right. Run block is way high too imo. Definitely do some testing. Cpu is pretty good against me and my bro at 55 Run block and 55 ability. Good yards. 60 ability was eating us alive, so I toned it down just slightly.

3. Jerzey5

Jerzey5 Walk On

Yeah I agree about FG strength - I hit a 45 yarder last night with ease...I need to play a little more against cpu though to get a better feel

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Oh yeah, I changed the INTs for both to 40/40 - prevents a bunch of stupid LB/DE/DT leaping 10 feet in the air and intercepting the ball crap.

Also, the field goal strength stuff is all about the kicker's leg.

At 55, WVU's kicker (93 kpw) can just BARELY hit a 55 yarder which is right where he should be in my opinion with his power.

Maybe need to lower the accuracy down more (going to test out 25 and see how it goes).

Also, need to play against a power running team to see if I can stop them with those sliders and see if the running ability is too high for both sides.

I'd like to see teams with good running attacks and highly rated RBs getting 100-150 yards a game no matter what you do, but it seems like spread teams are still at a VERY large disadvantage.

5. Jerzey5

Jerzey5 Walk On

After playing a couple games against cpu on All-American everything seems decent except the CPU's running game was just atrocious and really did nothing all game against me..maybe bump up cpu run blocking and RB break tackle?

6. Jayrah

This year I'm saying 5 points seems like a pretty significant change in the cpu run game. So 55 on those 2 settings has been my slider tweaks. (Tried 60 rb ability, but he broke far too many tackles in 3 games to justify).

However I only go with 7 minute qtrs, so with 8 minute qtrs we may need to bump ints down to 35 like Mors wants and User Pass rush up to 65 (or cpu pass block down to 35). The difference between the cpu and user in the passing game is that the cpu doesn't have to wait for options to come up, so they can release in a split second, where as you have to wait an extra blink to see your options. I don't get any pressure in most games with default, the CPU however seems to get significant pressure on my qb though.

7. Jerzey5

Jerzey5 Walk On

Just wanna give you guys a heads up that I found near perfect sliders on Operationsports.com and I tried them out in 7 games and they are super realistic, just might have to bump up user INT's slightly- SN's All-American Sliders

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm trying to get some testing done on these, but modified to have +10 to QBA and moving the speed threshold back to 50.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Shaun, please let us know how your testing goes. I looked at SN's sliders but was kind of turned off by the speed threshold. Im not familiar with it and so I avoided it.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thanks Jerzey. I actually looked at these at the beginning. The speed threshold turned me off a bit as im not sure what it does. I'll play a few games with it and see how they work.

11. Jayrah

The lower you go on threshold the more the difference between speed ratings. If you go 0 you get max difference. If you go higher you get minimal difference so essentially a 70 speed = 99 speed when set to 100

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Is anyone else seeing a lack of INTS in CPU games? I think we may need to bumped those up a bit. I know I havent thrown any or picked any off on defense. The only pick I have was against a user and I believe the sliders dont come into play against users.

13. Jerzey5

Jerzey5 Walk On

I've noticed when I manual control a DB and try to get INT's I drop them..but when the CPU goes for them, that's when I see the most INT's - but i manually control my guys all the time so I too have been seeing a lack of them

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I didnt change any sliders this week. I wanted to bump up the INT's a touch but was in a hurry this morning advancing while walking out the door to work. Look for some slight tweaks after the next advance.

15. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

I have a ton of INT's already. I think Kirkpatrick has at least 3 or 4. Do what you want, but I had 3 INT's off Brantley this week and blew Florida up because of turnovers. The game was already easy enough. Obviously I won't complain if the game gets a little easier, but I might get upset if it cuts down on my offensive possessions.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Mostly bump up our INT's not the CPU.

17. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

USER catching INT's? Or throwing INT's bumped up?

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

More INTs for the CPU defense. USER will stay 15, CPU will be bumped to 25 or 30.

19. Jayrah

Well, higher setting or no, I don't plan on throwing any! :p

20. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Oddly enough, I think everybody will climb on board with your news breaking gameplan.:D

21. Jayrah

It'll shatter the old coaching methods. I could become the new Bear Bryant. Lol

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I made a few minor changes to the sliders to try and make the CPU more competitive. Judging by the 2 scores I say yesterday, they didnt work. I havent updated them in the description yet but will soon. We'll just leave them the way the are and see what changes we need to make for season 2.

23. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

I just got my tail kicked for th second time by the CPU. I'm not complaining though, I think it is very realistic considering the team I have and the skills I've got. I have been looking at the stats for all the games and a couple of things stick out. 1)The CPU still doesn't run the ball very good. 2) Users still run the ball a little too good, and 3) User passing stats are down some-in other words, its hard to throw. Not sure if these can be adjusted much , just thought I'd share.

24. Jerzey5

Jerzey5 Walk On

Sliders are definitely tweaked for the better..I went from embarrassing North Carolina on their home field 37-0 to squeaking out a win at home against Maryland 31-28

my running game was still very effective but I found it much tougher to throw. My one issue is that my guys are still swatting down balls they can easily intercept..any fix for that?

25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

The sliders did not change from your game against UNC and Maryland so chalk it up as the Tar Heels having a bad game! I can bump up the user INT but I think we are going to play the rest of the season on these and we'll adjust as needed for season 2.