Slider Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Slider Discussion

For Week 2 this is what I have done

For those who have CPU games I would like you to report in on how gameplay is.

USER

QB Acc 45
    WR Catch 45
    INT 20

CPU

QB Acc 45
    WR Catch 45
    RB Ability 55
    INT 20
    FG Power/Acc 30

2. TBrown80

TBrown80 Walk On

These obviously need to be tougher. 3 Top 5 teams have lost in the first two weeks to user teams. Only 1 was close.

Here are the ones I am using in my dynasty if you want to try them out. Got them from OS.
    Gameplay Options
    Skill.........................All American
    Injuries.....................On
    Fatigue.....................On
    Quarter Length...........7 minutes
    Play Clock..................On
    Game Speed...............Normal
    Speed Threshold..........25
    HFA Effect..................On
    Ice the Kicker..............On

Game Rules
    Offsides........................95 - (Not much offsides, but with Gameplan on Aggressive, you should have more!)
    False Start....................95 - (Not much false starts, but with Gameplan on Aggressive, you should have more!)
    Holding.........................50 - (Not much holding, but with Gameplan on Aggressive, you should have more!)
    Facemask......................50 - (Occasionally called, but Aggressive will get more for trying to strip the ball.)
    O Pass Interference........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    D Pass Interference........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    KR/PR Interference..........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    Clipping.........................55 - (Occasionally called, but Aggressive Blocking will get more clipping.)
    Intentional Grounding.......100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    Roughing the Passer.........90 - (Possible to get away with it, but can be easily called, if it happens)
    Roughing the Kicker.........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)

Custom AI (HUM/CPU)

QB Accuracy...................15-25
    Pass Blocking..................50-60
    WR Catching...................60-60
    RB Ability.......................45-55
    Run Blocking...................25-80
    Pass Coverage................45-65
    Pass Rush......................45-25
    Interceptions..................20-40
    Rush Defense..................30-65
    Tackling.........................25-45 - (Look for more gang tackles rather than big hits!)
    FG Power........................5-20
    FG Accuracy...................15-55
    Punt Power......................5-45
    Punt Accuracy.................25-75
    KO Power........................25-45

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I don't see how you could want to lower the QB accuracy that much for users. My QB is decent, and was 9-21 against TCU and 8-18 against Utah. Trust me when I say I'm not THAT bad at passing the football. But if you want to lower my QB's accuracy even more.... ugh, I'll just run the ball 3 times and punt, there won't even be a point in attempting it anymore.

I guess in summary I really don't agree with making this drastic of a change to our sliders. I agree the CPU needs to be more competitive, but not encroach on the fun I have with the game.

If the CPU could simply sustain drives more often, they'd be okay.

Utah's 3rd down efficiency, 16.67%
    TCU's 25%

Giving them the ability to run the football should help a lot, if teams choose to actually run. With all the spread teams though, they're going to throw the ball more anyways.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Ya i don't know if I agree with messing with the Human sliders that much. I like the way the game plays from the user standpoint, the CPU just needs to be more competitive.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Sliders have to get harder point blank. We should be losing to good cpus

6. TBrown80

TBrown80 Walk On

I have never felt like the accuracy has been an issue in my dynasty so far.

My stats-

Ryan Nassib, Syracuse: 28/47 512yds 8td 3int 59%

I think CPU pass rush has a lot to do with how accurate we are right now anyway. I know I had to rush a lot of throws. It gets lowered in these, but still feels realistic.

How can anyone say they have no problem with how user offensive stats are going?

Look at the leaders in YPC so far:
    Clemson
    Northwestern
    Rutgers
    Missouri
    Vanderbilt
    Michigan State
    Connecticut
    Connecticut

6/8 are user teams. So to say user sliders shouldn't be touched, I think is wrong.

We are midlevel teams, there is no reason we should be beating Top 5 teams by 20+ points. Yes, I understand things do happen in real life, but I think more often, most of use could beat CPU teams right now.

Look I am just making a suggestion. They are the most popular sliders right now, and I think they at least deserve a look.

I just don't want us all to be in BCS games. No fun in that.

7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I must admit, my first game against the CPU felt way too easy. I will have to see if the next one is more challenging.

8. Keller

Ahh the thin line between fun and realistic.

I think if I played a team like Ohio State I would certainly lose. Playing these BCS buster teams though, that don't necessarily have elite athletes, I can beat them.

Their offense is just too anemic right now. It gives our offenses too much T.O.P. and too many chances to score.

9. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Let's play a few more and see how things are going. We've only done one week and part of the second. Give it time.

10. Hova

Boise St is elite. Look at the team rating, not the team. At this rate everyone will win there conference and be in a BCS bowl when we should be fighting to make any bowls. If you expect to get a BCS bowl then we should be in a big team league not the "rise"

11. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Maybe we should give Tbrown's sliders a try then, if he thinks they play well then why not. It's hard for me to be a judge because I played a real shitty Kentucky team in week 1, not a Boise St. But it was extremely easy.

12. Hova

My TRUE freshman QB rated 70 OVERALL is playing like Colt McCoy. He has not thrown one bad pass or INT in two games. 241 Passer Rating, 64% Completion, 250 yds, NO INTS.

And I just saw USF beat Florida. That should be all the proof you need.... Nothing realistic at this point

13. TBrown80

TBrown80 Walk On

How about 1 or 2 guys play a game offline with those sliders and see what they think. Maybe even with the same two teams.

It can't hurt anything.

14. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Well, after playing Boise State and BARELY defeating them 17-14 with Northwestern, I can easily say that Boise State is way overrated. Vandy gave me WAY more troulbe than Boise State at any point. Boise State doesn't have any standouts.

However, with this said, Florida should not be getting beat...Though, they did get beat barely and in OT.

15. Keller

Well making my entire team "shitty" just for the sake of it, doesn't make sense to me.

Its one thing to lose to a superior team because I couldn't stop them, but its another to force the game sliders to make my guys terrible (I.E., won't even block, catch, tackle, throw an accurate pass.)

We have to make the CPU better, not make our players play like pure shit.

Thats just my opinion.

16. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I agree, that was part of the problem with our E-league sliders last year. It made our players way too shitty. The teams like Florida and what not didn't get effected to badly, but I did cuz I played as MSU and they weren't rated very highly. It was impossible for me to beat the cpu because no one would catch the ball and no one would tackle.

17. Hova

The only way to do this is by changing sliders, you can't just magically make the CPU play better lol

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'll be making the CPU better at pretty much everything, mostly Running and Pass D

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

either that or I bump the level up to Heisman, only adjusting the INT slider and see how we do with that?

20. Keller

Right, and I'm okay with that. What I would not like is to make my QB acc 25. That just sounds like a nightmare to me.

21. TBrown80

TBrown80 Walk On

So you would rather have the computer play ungodly, rather decreasing some of your players? The same thing would be accomplished, would it not?

Having a 25 ACC doesn't mean your QB can't hit the broad side of the barn. Why don't you try them out and if they are awful, I will shut up. They literally are the most popular sliders on OS right now so they can't be that bad.

22. Keller

My QB already struggles with accuracy, as I have mentioned in my stats before. I'm not THAT bad of a passer, but his accuracy currently is 17/39 which is 43.5 percent.

Honestly thats about where I expect him to be. He plays on a mediocre team against good competition thus far and hes a dual threat QB.

Could I be running the same routes over and over and over again and abusing the CPU AI? Sure, but I don't. I run plays I've never even ran before. I try mixing up the playcalling against the CPU, not going back to the deep crossing routes etc that traditionally have not been covered very well by the CPU.

I'm not trying to call anyone out but I honestly feel like the QB accuracy slider does not need changed. My qb throws errant passes like I would expect, just watch the Utah game film I posted. If you want to watch the TCU game, I can edit that so you all can see that as well.

I still maintain that we need to make the CPU better, not make our players worse.

23. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    If your not interested, that's fine, but we have been getting pretty good games out of the sliders we are using in The Experience.

Of course, the people here that are in both haven't tried them yet.

24. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I would say we should try out the sliders from The Experience. If it accomplishes nothing else at least things would be somewhat uniform.

Shaun played as OSU against Marshall yesterday and was down 14-3 at halftime. He ended up winning solidly, but Marshall gave him a run at the get go. I think thats a good indication that the CPU would at least be competitive.

25. Keller

To anyone, is there a post somewhere with what the sliders are actually set to so I can take a look? I certainly hope it highlights making the CPU better and not turning my QB acc down to 25, lol.