Slider Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Slider Discussion

If you have a preference for a certain set, let us know. Right now, I'm playing with jistic's set, which I got from the OS forums here. They're working out OK, but I haven't been really pushed by the CPU yet. I welcome any and all thoughts on the matter.

2. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

i played with these sliders earlier and they seem to be on point!

3. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

I've been playing on default AA.

i haven't tried anyone's sliders cause i just didn't have time. whatever sliders we decide on, can yall give the coaches a few days to get some practice games in?

4. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

love AA, don't care the sliders but do think running is too easy and passing too hard. defense actually a bit too easy (shocked) this year too. although i am playing with a pretty good VTech team in my own thing.

5. vatechhokie01

tad correction. this is again general, but my few takeways thus far on AA level:

-running too easy
    -defensive pass rush too good
    -linebackers jump too damn high (shocker, right?)

but love this game!

6. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

i agree running is too easy but the pass rush i think is just about right on the cpu side. on defense for me i seem to never get any sacks. im playing with a rebuilding UT team but with that being said i have literally sacked the cpu 2 times in the last 3 games and they sit in the pocket with alllllll day to pass. i have tried some heisman sliders and its pretty apparent those will not work. they cpu plays unreal. my WR has 5 steps on a guy and right when the ball is about to get there the DB gets this unreal speed boost or jumps 20ft in the air to knock it down. i am playing with jistics sliders but with all that being said they seem to play well other then those little nit picky things. has anyone tried out any other sliders?

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Running too easy = I agree completely. This will likely be one of the first adjustments. Not sure how to go about it just yet, though. Might make a different choice in sliders.

Pass rush too good = perhaps, but I have found this a good way to keep scores down. Downfield routs still open up, but not nearly as often, especially if the CPU brings a blitz. Our pass rush, however, is pretty bad.

Linebackers jump too high = I agree again. No idea what to do about it.

In the past, we ended up adjusting the d-line play to force quick decisions and make the CPU d viable. Problem was, it took away most of the inside running. This year, I want to keep all plays in the playbook, whereas last year, anything that resembled an iso or draw or screen got blown up. You could run inside with a fullback, but out of the ACE = forget it. I'd like to do better this year.

I'm gonna tinker and do a little research and let you guys know what I come up with. Drop slider suggestions and links to other sets you're playing around with, and I'll check them out.

8. vatechhokie01

call me crazy but i really enjoy DE play this year. I work my ass off with the stick and am leading the country in sacks. I think you get rewarded for focus honestly. I am VaTech so my D is good. Would hate to see this get too easy.

As for CPU D-line play, I am perfectly fine with difficult. But in some sense, unless you roll out of the pocket you have never have time to hit certain routes. But I def like it being difficult to pass.

9. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

just wondering if home field advantage is on or off for these sliders?