Slider discussion

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Slider discussion

What does everyone think after the first game?

Here is what I think

CPU QB Acc + 5
    CPU Coverage + 5
    CPU RB ability + 5

User QB Acc - 5
    User INT - 10

Any other thoughts?

2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

we should play at least two games before we start moving sliders, one good game might taint your view.... ya know?

3. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

I forgot to check how bad my kicker is... but last night I hit a perfect/straight FG try from about 45 yards and it came up WAY short...

Maybe my kicker just blows... anyone else experience this at all?

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I think the small changes that are being proposed are a good thing, its not like we are adjusting the sliders a ton, and they will be a work in progress.

Based on my first game, the CPU was no where near as competitive as they were on Heisman. On Heisman i was 2-9 against the CPU, this game I just played really wasn't competitive. Now it was just SDSU, but the CPU I think had a completion percentage around 30%.

Lets bump it up a little like Drifter advised and see if we need to bump it up more or less after week 2.

By the way, who is left?

5. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I think small bumps are the way to go. We can fine tune every week.

I've played a number of games on AA before we started the dynasty, so that's why I feel confident making some changes. Plus, I don't want to get too far into the season and we are all 6-0 before we start making changes.

When I checked this morning, Bondzai, JR, Bogey, and Flo were left. These going to be done this evening?

6. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm about to play my game right now.

7. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

ill have mine done right around 10 pm est tonite.....

8. HoosierHoo

HoosierHoo Walk On

Just a quick response to OM's comments about the CPU running/passing games. He made them in the results thread, but it seems more fitting to reply here. I kind of felt the exact opposite of him. Boise's QB completed probably 65% of his passes for well over 300 yards on me. Admittedly, they were playing catchup most of the game. On the other hand, I shut their running game down pretty effectively. /Shrug

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Texas Tech slung it all over the field on me, but that's what they do and they were behind the whole game. They would have had a better running game if their back could have broken even an arm tackle.

10. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

In my game the score was close pretty much all of the game until the 4th. They played good D, but we can probably bump the all of the computer play up a little. I think a little every week sounds good, but then again I'm up for anything we decide on.

11. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I was able to stop Baylor's option runs pretty easily but my defense is set up for that. Once they started to pass the ball they were putting up numbers in high volume.

Also, Baylor has a MLB doing the kicking so they didn't get any field goals or extra points and all the kickoffs went about 15 yards.

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Any other input after a few more games?

13. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

running the ball seems a bit too easy at this point.

I don't think UCLA run offense should be this good. Im putting up 200+ yards on the ground with ease.

It seems everyone else is being able to run the ball as well. May want to move Run defense up 5.

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    okay so do you feel like your RB is too good or the defense is too bad? maybe both?

15. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I say CPU defense & offense needs some tweaking. Colorado offense coulding do anything. I don't know how good they are in real life, but Lee had them as the favorite against me.