Slider discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MorsDraconis, Oct 15, 2009.

1. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Slider discussion

I've decided that the RB blocking needs to be changed for the CPU, so I'm going to be upping it again to 55 because having so many users in the top 10 of run defense is just too good in my mind since not all of our teams are good enough to constantly stop the run like we have been.

Anyone see anything else that we may need to change up some?

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I would argue against CPU passing accuracy. I'm not sure how high Tyrod Taylor is rated but he should have more than 9 incompletions in 40 passes (I forget the exact numbers). My secondary is not great but it is still well above average. I normally would say the same about human passing accuracy but my QB was awful last game so it is tough to judge.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I think the human pass accuracy is about right. In my one CPU game with Texas, Sherrod Harris was about right on with what you'd expect, he hit a good number of passes on target (which he should with nearly 87 THA) but 3 of his 4 incompletions (he only threw 18 passes) were overthrows by a good margin.

Changing the CPU pass accuracy has never really been noticable to me, but I'm all for trying to make the CPU more realistic. Pretty much every QB the CPU uses picks apart zones like Brady/Manning, which is why when I play the computer I pretty much go man with safety help over the top all game.

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Well, part of the reason for that is defense against the CPU has never been a real issue for me so I try to make it hard, otherwise I shutdown teams that I shouldn't be.

If you guys feel it's too tough, we can lower it by 5 and see what it's like.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

How is everyone doing on penalties? We only had one in our game total. Are penalties really low league wide so far?

6. Dru50

I'm with you, you could leave it as is and I'd be fine. Especially with the top teams we are using, I can run man every down vs the CPU and generally hold them to less than 17 points pretty easy.

7. Dru50

I've heard that if you mess with the penalty sliders much it get's ridiculous. We adjusted holding by like 15-20 points in one of my other dynasties and people were getting like 10 holding calls a game. Just my two cents, but I'd leave them where they are.

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I never have a problem winning game against the CPU, was just stating a recent observation I made. I don't think changing it will matter much.

9. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Well, I actually upped it to where it's currently at because I wanted to give us a challenge, but with the teams we have that's becoming tougher and tougher, especially the teams that have incredible depth.

I'm interested to see how our current recruiting rules play out after seasons 3 and 4.

10. Dru50

Even with the recruiting limitations, I would think most people's teams will still be pretty stacked by year 4 or 5. 4 5 stars and 10 4 stars is still a pretty loaded class if you set your board up right each year. These are the only leagues I'm in with restrictions (which I like), but I think the restrictions would hopefully help the CPU teams maintain competitive balance. I think the only thing it could hurt is all of us having a slew of 85+ rated guys on the bench at every position.

It will be interesting to see though.

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I like the sliders but the CPU run like you said could be tweaked some how. Maybe ability so we don't get screwed on the kick returns

12. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Run blocking doesn't affect kick returns anymore.