slider impressions after 1st week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Jul 16, 2011.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I threw 3 picks 2 of which were crazy plays by cpu. I also should have had 2 more picked off as the Defender let it hit his hands and dropped it so it kind of evened itself out. I can't put my finger on it but something doesn't feel right about the AA default sliders when it comes to running. I played a game on varsity last night by mistake and saw a run that got me excited as I was Miami and the D was Maryland. I slipped past the hog mollies up front and the LB's who were in zone didn't react fast enough I think because of their awareness 10 yard gained as I was tackled by a SS with a LB assist. I then played OSU and you could kind of feel the difference as the DT's still couldnt catch me when I got past them but it was much tougher because the LB's had better awareness and closed the gap and tackled me for a 3 yard gain. I guess what I am saying is I want to see the talent gap in the game can we get this from AA default I don't know whats everyone elses impressions?

2. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

If we lower the speed threshold down to around 30 it does a great job of separating the talent between good and bad teams

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I wont mess with the speed threshold. That makes speed too important and makes acceleration kind of useless. I also feel like the running game is even easier than last year. I think passing is still challenging(except screens haha). I definitely wont make any changes yet, it hasnt been long enough. If we make major changes it will be at the end of the year so we can look at CPU/User stats, and have a better idea of how the seasons can/should/will play out.

I'd like to hear input from everyone on the sliders though.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I say we wait until the end of the season, yo