Slider Impressions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JHeb, Jul 29, 2009.

1. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Slider Impressions

Okay, I need as much input on this as possible...The sliders, what do you think of them? Too easy? Too tough? Just right? Give me an opinion...

The point of them is to make it a tough game but not "insane". When I say "tough", I mean the crap teams shouldn't beat the stud teams. Nothing against Prinny and his San Jose State team, but them beating USC shouldn't happen. You guys know what I mean??

Part of the problem is that we users have different levels of skill...Maybe Prinny is the best of us and he'll beat every team on his schedule...Who knows?

I need your honest thoughts on the major parts of the game...I need your input on what will make the game more "real". Does the QB ACC need lowered? RB Ability raised?

Let me know ASAP so we can get this settled...

2. Jackwacker

Jackwacker Noob

Hard to tell with my situation. As you could probably tell from my game I focused mainly on the offense when practicing.

It was probably the D I was running and i'll make some adjustments, but the running back was out of control in my game. Broke what felt like 20 tkls.

The passing game was probably more my fault because I see where some of you guys got some INT's where my guys never came close.

Just my observations from my game.

3. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On

I don't really know exactly what each slider does, so I probably won't be much help. I think the players sliders are pretty good, I think you just need to up the sliders for the CPU. My running game opened up the pass for me, so they blitzed me most of the time, leaving my receivers in a very good position. I've also played USC alot (played a couple of dynasties offline with my team, ND), so I sorta knew what to expect out of their offense. Dunno if this helps much, thought I would put my two cents in.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I think they're too easy. SJSU beat USC @ USC, which shouldn't happen in 100 years and my Rams were never even a little worried about the Buffaloes. Now, granted, CU is no USC and I knocked their best player out of the game early on, but still I think they're a full letter grade better than my team so it should've been a nail biter win at best for me and not one where I cruise to victory easily.

User passing seems about right for me, but others have put up some huge passing numbers so this should probably be lowered. Also, running is too easy for me, but this is probably a product of my studly O-line and my playbook style. Making it hard for my team would probably make it too hard for others, but I still think it's too easy.

Defensively, it was too easy for me, but others have given up huge numbers so I'm not sure what to make of that.

5. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

I played a bad team in UNLV, so so far it seemed okay to me (but I'll really find out after playing Florida). I didn't have too much of a problem running the ball, but my passing game was much better than what it usually is. I think I got away with a couple passes that should've been intercepted :)

6. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Maybe bump up the CPU defensive sliders...

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

It's wierd b/c I felt my game was really tough...Esp. the first half. GaTech destroyed me in all aspects of the game...Made me feel like the sliders were way off. I did better in the second half but that may be partly due to GaTech taking it easy on me since they had such a nice lead. I'm finding the passing game to be much tougher this year. Much tougher.

We'll advance tonight. I'll look this thread over some more and consider what to do, if anything, to the sliders for Week 2.

Thanks...

8. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

My opinion would be to get another dynasty week in before making any drastic changes so we get a larger sample size of the gameplay.

9. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Yeah Florida seemed really tough... they completed destroyed us. My passing game was terrible (but it usually is). Running was decent, but I really wasn't able to run all that much against them because of the score. Their offense wasn't totally unstoppable though - I did hold them to a couple punts and several FG's.

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Remember we have been doing testing...with 4 leagues that is 48 game sample size plus our offline testing.

11. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Yes, but the majority of the dynasties are using All American settings. We have been on the Heisman setting.

I didn't have too many issues with our week 1 results.

Yes, SJSU won at USC. BUT, they were down 21 points at the start of the second half. USC had every opportunity to put the game away and didn't. Upsets are going to happen. USC lost to Stanford a few years back and were over 40 point favorites. I'm sure the point spread for USC vs. SJSU wouldn't be much different.

CSU demolished CU but I have seen CSU do that to CU in real life. CU got their QB knocked out of the game but they are terrible anyway. They aren't even competing for the Big 12 North title and the competition is way down right now.

All the other games pretty much ended with results that I would expect from the matchups. The scores/stats are high but we are playing 7 minute quarters so that is to be expected. So, that is why I wait another week before making any drastic changes to the sliders.

12. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

It's def. a work in progress...We'll see how Wk 2 goes. If it's a bunch of B.S. then we'll switch back to Wk 1 settings and stick closer to that. This has to be one of the more annoying aspects of a dynasty. I love/hate sliders.