Slider Input

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Slider Input

Guys,

With the off-season approaching, and our first slider adjustments imminent, I thought we might discuss what kinds of changes we would like to see. I think this is especially important given the fact we have a number of new members, and we want to adjust according to the skill set of the group.

Post your thoughts here. Keep in mind - we have had very few CPU losses this year, and some of us have run up some rather silly stats on occasion, so requests for an easier set aren't likely to get you much. Still, we have had some close games, and some low scoring games, so we might be close to the mark.

Personally, I think the CPU offense, particularly the run game, needs to be better. They should be able to sustain drives a bit better, run clock and gain possession time a bit better, and hang with us better in big games. It's not a huge gap, if you ask me, but one we could work on.

What do you guys think?

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Before adding new members recently, I think we were all in agreement that the sliders needed to be altered to pose a bigger challenge. For the most part, games against the CPU were boring. If you're going to beat in undefeated Alabama on the road, it should take a near-perfect game plan execution.

As always, though, the trick is ... how do you create the greatest challenge for the players here without 1) Generating a CPU "Robo QB" and 2) Making it so you need to 4-player gang tackle the CPU RB to the ground every time. I'd rather play a boring game and win then lose in a frustratingly unrealistic fashion. At least the former is a little bit of fun. ;)

You're the slider expert, Arch', so I leave that to you. I agree that the CPU RB needs a boost, though. As far as the HUM sliders, I think we're pretty good. Aside for maybe a catch boost (does anyone else's HB drop 3-4 open screens a game?), I can't think of anything else. My QB makes several errant passes a game, so that's not an issue.

Anyone else think that the FG kicking is a little bit too easy?

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Once I play a couple games ill let ya know my thoughts. This weeks game vs fcs wont give me anything to go on im sure.

4. bdub

bdub Walk On

Well I just lost to Va Tech for my first loss in the Dynasty so I guess you can't say we win every game.

5. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Can you post current sliders?

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

They're in the League Description. I updated them a few days ago.

7. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Here are the sliders I am using in offline oregon dynasty running Nebraska playbook.

Slow speed. 15 threshold.
    Qba 15/15
    Pass block 45/55
    Wr catch 50/50
    Rb ability 50/50
    Run block 35/70
    Pass defense 50/75
    Pass rush 45/50
    Int 25/25
    Rush defense 25/65
    Tackling 40/4o
    Fg power 25/25
    Fg acc 25/65
    Punt power 40/50
    Punt acc 15/65
    Kickoff 35/55

I get good games with these. Haven't gone undefeated yet.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Time to breathe some new life into this discussion.

I'm pretty sure kicking needs to get more difficult for us. Not sure to what degree, but that one's going to happen.

I think the CPU run game needs a boost also. Let's figure this out while we have a couple of days.

9. bdub

bdub Walk On

Just off the top of my head I think we need to boost CPU run game and also drop Human pass accuracy.

10. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Human pass is already 15 and wr catch is low too. Maybe bump CPU pass defense instead of dropping accuracy.

11. egofailure

I set my feet and still get several over-throws per game. Even in my last User game with district, some of the errant passes were ridiculous. I'm fine where it is - but worse? Can't agree.

Also, I wish there was a way to limit HB misses on screens and easy passes in the flats without making the WR too good. I have backs with 70+ hands who drop at least 2 screens per game (without any defenders nearby).

12. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Too bad we cannot turn off momentum. That is what kills the CPU. They loose momentum and it is play dumb the rest of the game.

13. bdub

bdub Walk On

I hear you ego, what completion percentage do you think your QB averages. I have heard it should be around 60 to 65%. Higher for really good QB's and a little lower for bad ones.

14. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

What about Injuries, either my tailback or Qb goes down on a regular basis

15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I've got a new set if your interested.:)

16. egofailure

Guys, here's a forewarning. Come to every game ready to play and pick your spots to gamble! There WILL be some user loses against the CPU. I'd bet some big $$ on it. I just beat Memphis 31-14, but the game was a lot tighter than the score would indicate. I got nickled and dimed on the opening drive ... and with the new sliders, your opponent WILL come up with the extra yard or two when it counts to move the chains. You'll see more broken tackles and better QB reads, which will make play calling and stick handling all the more important.

I saved a bunch of videos throughout my game, but unfortunately, a couple of them were no longer available for viewing after the game (even though I saved mid-game!). It's okay, though, that just allowed me to save some of me scoring <smile>. Anyway, the three I saved are nothin' big - but they show the slight changes. One shows the opponent's back being relentless and gaining yardage despite being nailed in the backfield. And the other two show CPU completions, one whereby I'm playing conservatively and the other after sending a blitz. They're legit conversions, but it should show you how quick you have to be to get stops.

(I saved an awesome defensive play I made with the FS sprinting down field, but the highlight didn't stick. Too bad, because I was proud of that key stop!

I have very, very few qualms about these sliders - I think they're def' solid. I played smart, made the CPU make plays, and finally suckered them into a mistake at the end of the game (almost a pick 6). In the past, I might have gotten frustrated, and turned this one into a silly, sloppy shootout with turnovers and ill-timed blitzes.

Anyway, Arch' .. you'll get a kick out of this. Up 24-14 in the 4th, I'm stopped on the 38 and elect to pooch punt. The result? I pin them at the 1. And what does Kirk say? He basically calls me a pussy. Haha, can you believe that shit?

17. bdub

bdub Walk On

Are we running the bowl game sliders?

18. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Yes we are basically using those sliders with a few slight tweaks.

I played my game last night and found it to be a pretty good game. I fumbled a bit more than I would have liked but that will change as I make a philosophical change and take less chances when about to get hit.

The thing I liked in this game was the lack of "Rocket Jumps" by the dline and LBs. It felt realistic because I could throw from the pocket and not have every pass swatted down.

19. bdub

bdub Walk On

OK I liked those sliders. Will provide a good challenge.

20. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I got a pretty good run from the CPU. I think I punted foru or five times, which matches my total through half a season last year. Te'o missed a bunch of tackles, though. The big run they made on me (see highlights) came after a pretty weak effort by my best player. I also overthrew a wide open slant route and hit a safety in the belly (also see highlights). Other than that, it was a good game. I'd like to see the CPU play something other than press coverage, though.

21. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Two things I'd like to see with CPU defense.... #1 less press coverage from the CPU (they seem to go press on almost every play) and #2 less cover 0 blitzs (seem to do that 30-40% of the time).

CPU defense is overly aggressive in the game it seems.

22. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I don't think there's a way to change this. I think the CPu just calls whatever plays it decides.

23. bdub

bdub Walk On

It just kind of depends on the team. Some teams bring the house every play. Some don't hardly bring anybody the whole game.

24. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

There is no way to fix it. In Offline dynasty you can go through each team and set their aggression levels but that isn't available for online dynasty. It's a shame too. CPU would be much tougher to beat if it didn't go all stupid on you.

25. bdub

bdub Walk On

Seems like its the momentum system that kills them. Once you get up on them a touchdown or 2 they just go stupid.