Slider Lab

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Edited 1/22/11 - Revised AA set.

2. thatguy188

thatguy188 You know ... THAT guy.

I know the sliders were on right now were killing me yesterday.

M. Gillislee (Gators RB) broke tackles left and right on me, one time broke 5 of them for a TD run. It was quiet frustrating lol.

http://tinyurl.com/26qtntc -- thats the news story for my game yesterday. Check out the video of his TD run, sure its just a small one but you can see how hes breaking tackles left and right, woulda broken the 2 man tackle if the end zone wouldn't of been right there lol.

I do like our current sliders though if you ask me, just saying Gators RB is no joke haha.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

My biggest beef so far is the line interaction. The D-line is throwing blocks off immediately and getting in the backfield. This happens, but not every play against a really good line. I'd rather see a LB get in the hole and make the play than have to dodge DTs in the backfield every time I hand it off. Now, I did just play a rivalry game @ USC, so the CPU might seem harsher to me today than it did yesterday.

Try this set. It's unforgiving, but fun.

4. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I'll try to play with these after work tonight.

5. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

I played a game as Cal at USC.

I like these sliders for the pass a lot. There's no psychic DBs, but it's still pretty challenging.

You can cut back while running the ball to avoid a defender in space, but not all the time.

I didn't have a lot of success running the ball. The DT was swimming over my Center almost every play and blowing everything up in the backfield.

I've begun to judge sliders by how many times I scream "bullshit!" at the screen. I didn't scream it once. There were no totally unreal plays, unlike other Heisman games I've played where I actually had a ball travel through a WR's body come out of his back and get picked off by the dude standing behind him.

It's only one game, but I think these are close in a lot of respects, aside from the defensive line.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I was told two things:
    1. The ratings of your players matter. If a guy has a big advantage over the guy on the other side of the ball, he'll beat him a lot. Could be what happened to the D-line.
    2. Mistakes are punished, especially in the passing game.
    I like these because they are very close to default, which means the player animations happen like they were designed to happen, so there should be very little in the way of weirdness and floating players.

But again, I have little experience with these. I need more.

7. thatguy188

What about the Penalty settings?

8. bdub

bdub Walk On

I played a game as Texas against Oklahoma and I really liked the sliders. However, like Rhino I could not run the ball at all against Oklahoma. The blew up my O-Line just about every play.

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I don't have them, but I can get them. Feel free to experiment.

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Just a friendly bump, because I don't want to blindside guys when the new set goes in place.

I'll post the penalty sliders when I get them.

11. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I haven't checked these sliders out, but I trust you guys. Bring e'm on ..

12. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Was the defense jump snapping or just getting in? Try to fake snap once in awhile if they do. Also, check to make sure the ratings. Yeah, sometimes the CPU does make shitty plays like they always do but the games are more realistic and make you focus every play and you don't sleepwalk through games. Makes it more interesting, a good team should not be able to kill a good team by 20-30 points every game. 20-30 point games will happen, there is just more of a balance.

Just my couple thoughts from checkin' your guys' thoughts out.

13. bdub

bdub Walk On

Tough sliders, not sure if I will win a game this year. Kentucky just beat me in quadruple OT

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It's more important that our sliders fit our guys than that they are difficult, so if we all have the same kind of difficulty, we'll adjust.

All of us should be able to have reasonable success.

15. bdub

bdub Walk On

It was just one of those game that I wasnt going to win. I stop them in OT and just need to setup a field goal and sure enough I fumble the ball centering it. Next OT a LB 10 yards deep tips the ball and another LB catches it for the interception. Sometimes you just cant win.

16. bdub

bdub Walk On

Also one thing that was total BS was on one drive Kentucky faked a punt twice, once on their own 34 yard line and then again on my 45 yard line. They converted both of them and by the end of the drive I felt like I was playing some idiot online.

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Edited the original post with our current set, so we can discuss issues.

After being away from this set for a few games, the broken tackles are really starting to stand out. I don't necessarily mind, though. Guys really do shake tackles in football. Still, it may be a tad much, so we could see a small tackling bump for us.

Also, I'm getting worked pretty good in the passing game. Again, I don't mind it much, and the CPU passing percentages are about right. I just seem to give up a lot of third and longs.

Offensively, I like what's happening, but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say.

Thanks for weighing in.

18. thatguy188

I agree Archie. My QB was only 8 for 21 against a below C- team ... also seemed to overthrow any deep passes. Trying to tackle the CPU though does stand out a lot. I mean, EMU had at least 4 plays where they broke 3-4+ tackles. Now again, Im Florida, an A team, playing a below C- minus team. Granted I whooped them, but they seemed to be evading tackles WAY more than they ever should be able to.

19. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I didn't really get much in the way of opinions, so I may not touch things much this week. Keep the opinions flowing if we want to see change.

20. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

I don't play the CPU for two more weeks, so I don't have an opinion yet. I'll try to fit in a practice game soon.

21. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Makes sense. If we get a passing game that is an improvement over last season, I think the rest should be pretty easy to tweak. The CPU offense is dangerous enough, or close to, and we're getting good stats everywhere but in the kicking game. But those stats might be because of the lopsided teams.

22. thatguy188

I have no complaints with these Sliders archie. I think we ought to leave them be for a good 2-3 weeks and see the results then.

23. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Says the guy who put up 77 [​IMG]

Forgive the ball-busting. I simply can't help myself. I was going to throw those results out. Want a chance to play it again and keep it down? Looks like there's time.

24. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Hanging 77 on someone isn't the issue I have with the game. My issue is the fact that you scored 7 touchdowns in the fourth quarter when the game was well in hand.

25. bdub

bdub Walk On

No real complaints so far with the sliders. But only time will tell if they continue to work well.