Slider Question

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigSmooth33, Feb 21, 2012.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

What about the current slider set has made the CPU better at returning kicks/punts and even easier for me as a player?

I copied these sliders over to The Pride, and it's turned into Madden 11 almost... Not as bad, but still, it's a lot more frequent than it was last season with the older sliders...

I think this is my only real complaint/concern with this slider set...

thoughts on how to improve?

The Dude

2. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

I thought it would be harder, at least for us. I thought the run D slider controlled the kick/punt game. I can see the CPU breaking loose a bit with the settings being loosened up on them, but I didn't expect things to be easier for us, since our settings tightened. I'll look into what controls the kicking game and see if we can tweak it up a bit.

3. Well just as an example I returned 3 kicks last night in my game as Notre Dame vs Purdue in The Pride and I was using a freshman free safety as my returner. Granted he was a very highly rated :5stars: recruit coming into the season but it wasn't even funny how easy it was to return 3 kicks untouched for TD's

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

I've noticed that it is super easy to return them for td's when they kick it to the side. I've started to run into the blocks to slow my guy down to make it tougher. I returned one last night because the kid actually broke two tackles.

5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

The Dude
    Any luck in your research?

6. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Nothing definitive. Lots of slider sets with lots of reasons, but nothing that gets precise. I don't really know for sure exactly what to adjust. According to what I thought was true, it should be harder now than it was before, but it looks like guys are getting loose with ease. If we can't get it fixed, we'll just speed restrict the returners - but I'm not looking to do that just yet.