Slider Questions

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by cyhiphopp, Jan 10, 2013.

1. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Is everyone happy with the current sliders?
    Personally, I have an issue with getting pressure with just the front four. I have a pretty good DL but they seem to get pushed around by even the most mediocre OL. I don't want to have to user control them all the time.

I would like to get some pressure without blitzing (even though i like blitzing at times as well.)
    I get sick of having great coverage and having the opposing QB sit in the pocket for a week until someone eventually gets open. It would be nice if occasionally the DE would bust loose and get a sack.

How do the rest of you feel about DL pressure?

2. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I defenitely notice my front four don't get TONS of sacks however I do get a lot of pressure for them. Most of my sacks come on blitzing linebackers, not just rushing 4. I notice my Line gets a lot of pressure, no sacks the CPU QB is really good at slipping out of those tackles and or releasing it just prior to being hit quite a bit. I'm averaging about 5-7 sacks per game but that is blitzing heavily in passing situations so that could be a lot of the reason. As for Front 4 like you asked, to be honest - no.

However, I do notice my 3rd and 4th leading sack getters on my team my two ends have 8 and 7 respectively. That's a solid number through 11 games for a low 90 5th year senior. WHen you look at the sack leader though, comes from a user team Texas DE Cooper has 28... so if we adjust that, he would be at 50 by years end! So while it sucks we don't get pressure from them unfortunately this is a part of the game that makes the CPU semi-competitive........ vs ranked teams HIGHLY competitive. But the blowouts we're allready seeing by 80 points are enough to make me think if anything sliders should be adjusted to decrease the level of difficulty vs non ranked teams.

3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

My defensive end, Kevin Frazier, has 19 sacks on the year, which is a ridiculous amount. Texas has a DE with 28...i'm not going to tune the CPU's offensive line and if I did it would probably be in its favor

4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Maybe I just need to user control more often.

5. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

As someone who loves to control d-lineman and 3-4 linebackers i do notice at time in which getting to the QB can sometimes the most frustrating thing about NCAA 13. I do like blitzing but i think it all depends on the defensive players pass rush skills.

6. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

As mentioned I've had good success with my DE getting sacks. I pretty much control him 99% of the time. I get pretty good pressure without blitzing much. In my experience, it's all about timing your right stick move to get a good swim move. If you get the timing right, you get good pressure. I understand not wanting to user control the DL every time, I just do it because I know I'm not great at tackling in space. In fact my poor pursuit skills cost me a game against Auburn last season. I think I'll start mixing it up more though and learn how to play with people off the line.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I need to do the opposite and user my DE more I guess.

8. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I rarely get pressure when the CPU controls them, which is particularly frustrating when the CPU runes 4 verts and doesn't throw the ball until the WR are coming back to the LOS. That being said getting pressure when I control the DE is fairly simple so I'm not suggesting slider adjustments, I just prefer to get beat by no front 4 pressure then the DB glitch.