Slider Related Chat

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by shibdib, Oct 15, 2010.

1. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

Slider Related Chat

Didnt see a thread around..

Something I'm noticing looking at the passing stats thread.. http://www.traditionsportsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39205 .. Is it just me or are the user QB's INT to TD ratios for the most part.. wayyy too awful.. especially considering most havent started conference play against tough opponents yet.

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

It all comes down to making smarter decisions when throwing the ball. I can only take it down to 0, and its set at 5 right now.

3. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

The interception ratings aren't the problem. I kind of tend to think it's due to the QB accuracy being as low as it is. I've had a couple of interceptions I never would have had otherwise. I'm not sure how you're not having the same problem. I'm using one of the best QB's in the game and it seems almost impossible to throw in a window. Yeah, he can get wide open guys, but that really shouldn't be happening all that much, ya know? In real life, quarterbacks need to be able to hit receivers running crisply timed routes... if you take that ability from them in an attempt to lower completion rates, you encourage less-sim play, in my opinion, and also increase the number of interceptions that you see because the QB throws over/in front of/behind the receiver more often.

INT's so far - 58
    TD's so far - 47

I know you feel like we're making bad decisions, but in a league stocked with strong players, we shouldn't have 25% more interceptions than touchdowns, on average.

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I will take the blame for the high number of interceptions. Tuel and Lobbesteal have thrown 9 interceptions(7 interceptions in two user games), Tuel has thrown 8, I don't think anyone else has thrown that many.

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Ok, i'll raise it a little.

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

No don't, its fine.

Just cuz some guys have a couple bad games we don't need to change anything. My QB is throwing the ball fine and he is a scrambling style frosh.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I've only played the one game but I was digging the sliders. Was a challenge to beat Indiana at home, which would have never happened in most other OD's. QB accuracy is a tough one as missed fired on a couple of guys who were wide open but that happens. Im ok with it so far. Unless I lose than I'll change my tune and bitch and moan ;)

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I had it higher than i had right now, and i was throwing like 80-85%, right now I am throwing at 70-75%, maybe just drop CPU Int down to 0 then.

9. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

ya id drop cpu int down, if anyone should have this problem it would be me but i think the sliders are fine NOW take in to consideration i have only thrown like 25 passes so far

10. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I've got a Hb playing qb :) . I guess I'm doing pretty well passing thus far

11. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Yea, my INTs were in a USER game and vs. Florida in garbage time. I hear you on the INTs but, maybe we are a but too early to make a good judgement. If anything, the CPU RBs just shread me. Last week, I thought it was just Florida, but the Western Ky RB just went for 7.1 a pop on me.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I don't think they need to be changed at all, keep CPU int where it is. If we throw a bad pass its even dumber if the cpu gets hit in the facemask and drops it.

13. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

did we change the QB passer accuracy, because it seemed my two qbs couldn't even hit the broadside of the barn

14. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

no the accuracy wasn't changed. I have only made minor tweaks to the cpu run game