Slider Results (Testing)

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Slider Results (Testing)

Since the last thread got kinda cluttered I thought I would start this thread and leave it for strictly slider results from testing. I will be posting some results from the tests here. For those of you that would like to help with the tests and post results i have created 2 online dynasties for testing slider purposes only. If your interested in becoming a tester let me know and i will get you an invite because id rather not do this alone.

When posting stats use this form

Dynasty (A) or (B)
    User Team -
    CPU Team -
    Thoughts about the game -
    Stats -

Dynasty A

RMG Sliders V 3.0

Game-play Options Settings
    Skill All-American
    Quarter Length 8 Minutes
    Game Speed Normal
    Min Speed Threshold 35

Game Rules Settings
    Off-sides 95
    False Start 95
    Holding 50
    Face-mask 50
    O Pass Interference 100
    D Pass Interference 100
    KR/PR Interference 100
    Clipping 45
    Intentional Grounding 100
    Roughing the Passer 100
    Roughing the Kicker 100

Custom AI Hum CPU
    QB Accuracy 25 25
    Pass Blocking 25 25
    WR Catching 50 50
    RB Ability 50 60
    Run Blocking 25 90
    Pass Coverage 50 100
    Pass Rush 30 25
    Interceptions 15 30
    Rush Defense 30 100
    Tackling 40 40
    FG Power 35 40
    FG Accuracy 45 60
    Punt Power 35 40
    Punt Accuracy 45 95
    KO Power 35 50

Now when testing these sliders out, please follow these rules for best results:

1. Game-Planning: Leave on normal throughout the course of the game. Only tempo can be set to conservative when you are up by a decent margin.
    2. Commits: Only use the Pass-Commit in obvious passing situations. At no time should you use the Run-Commit.
    3. Utilize Your Playbook: Do not abuse money plays and mix it up a bit with your play-calling.

I will add Dynasty B and its slider set tomorrow

2. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Throw me and invite ill help you out

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Sent you an invite

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Dynasty - A
    User Team - Arkansas
    CPU Team - Boise State
    Thoughts - I really liked the way this panned out. Despite the first quarter it was a great defensive battle that was ultimately lost by a last minute fumble. I also dont know how realistic the Boise State 51 yd field goal was lol. Keep in mind im a rushing type of player not a passing so my pass stats may not accurately show the sliders effects.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will play some more games tomorrow. Also if you would like to be apart of the testing squad let me know and ill throw you an invite. Keep in mind this dynasty is just for testing purposes. So basically just play your game dont worry bout the rest.

5. ChaoticUT

How do you post the box scores like that? im assuming you use some sort of snipping tool?

6. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

A program called snag it

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

If you throw me an invite I will help test.

8. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Ill shoot u an invite dub

9. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

These sliders are great. The only thing i want to change is the quarters from 8 to 7.

10. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

First id like to thank the guys for helping me test.

User -Oregon (nrg_qbz-_-)
    CPU - Bama

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. ChaoticUT

Dynasty - A
    User Team - Texas
    CPU Team - Rice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thought they played real well but I don't think this was the best game to base opinions on. Rice pretty much ran a no huddle the entire game and there was quite a few times where they came out in the Wildcat, then ran a no huddle with there RB at QB. On defense it seemed like they were blitzing wayyy to often (practically every down and if they weren't blitzing they were showing it almost every down). The TD passes from 45, 53, and 57 yards were all when Rice was showing an all out blitz and i audible to slants or fades and beat them over the top, so passing yards were a bit over inflated.

Initial impressions would be to bring down CPU RB ability ( I uploaded a video of there RB breaking like 6 tackles on one play to score a TD and it seemed like all game I could never bring them down) and bumped up Run Blocking for both CPU and Human. Ill play some more games to see if the initial impressions are the same when i get more games in. ***Rice kicked my ass all game and was up by like 14 at one point and if i didn't score in the last minute i would have only won by 3*** ​

12. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I noticed that too. The HB for the opposing teams were breaking tackles all day. You rarely get a tackle on the first try. I had lots of guys get hit and keep going for 20 yards.

I will drop the minutes to 7 min for week 2 so we can test that out. I felt that 8 mins was way too long. What did you think ?

Also what do you think i should adjust to keep the the hb from breaking every tackle ? What adjustments would you recomend ?

13. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I just finished an awesome game with these sliders. Only adjustments i made were brought human and ai tackling to 50 and changed time to 7 min instead of 8
    Ranked# 3 espn classic.
    I have videos of the big pass plays that im uplaoding to my easportsworld account so feel free to check them out as well

User - Ark
    CPU - Neb

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Ahh...too lazy to post pics...you guys can check it on the Dynasty Wire :D

I defeated Alabama with Oregon to the score of 20-16. This is a tough game to evaluate, as Alabama's defense is pretty ridiculous. With that being said, LaMichael James rushed 11 times for negative yards. Everytime he touched the ball in the backfield (while running up the middle), Alabama would break through and bring him down. My only success was running toss plays, and I only got may 2-3 yards per pop if I am lucky. I completed 15 of 30 passes and was either sacked or hurried on most of the plays.

Mark Ingram kept breaking the first tackle (and usually the second one as well) on his way to over 100 yards rushing, although it took him 30 carries or so to get there.

It was a fun game, although I wish the computer wasn't so automatic in stopping my running game.

Anyways...Bama down folks. I repeat, Bama down(y)

15. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I posted ur pics for ya on page 1

16. ChaoticUT

These are solid so far and i like the changes with the tackling and quarter times. I feel like they really reward you for good playing calling and good scheming.

17. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Im gonna try dropping tackle to 45 on both instead of 50 see if there are more tackle breakings. Just nothing ridiculous

18. ChaoticUT

Field Goal and Kickoff power need to be dropped down a little too. I almost hit a 52 yard field goal with 5mph wind in my face

19. bdub

bdub Walk On

Agree about the Field Goal Power. Just played a quick game and hit a 51 yard field goal no wind and the Utah kicker isnt near good enough to hit a field goal from that far.

20. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Ive adjusted the tackling from 50 to 45 for both ai and human. This way there are broken tackles just not an excessive amount.

The kicking power will be lowered for both human and ai. Both games i played the cpu knocked down 51 yard field goals with ease

21. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Here is the set we will be using for next year. For those of you in the test dynasty these are already in place except for the kicking power. Continue to keep testing and practicing because this will be alot more challenging than what we are use to .

RMG Sliders V 3.0/Z2H MOD

Game-play Options Settings
    Skill All-American
    Quarter Length 7 Minutes
    Game Speed Normal
    Min Speed Threshold 35

Game Rules Settings
    Off-sides 95
    False Start 95
    Holding 50
    Face-mask 50
    O Pass Interference 100
    D Pass Interference 100
    KR/PR Interference 100
    Clipping 45
    Intentional Grounding 100
    Roughing the Passer 100
    Roughing the Kicker 100

Custom AI Hum CPU
    QB Accuracy 25 25
    Pass Blocking 25 25
    WR Catching 50 50
    RB Ability 50 60
    Run Blocking 25 90
    Pass Coverage 50 100
    Pass Rush 30 30
    Interceptions 15 30
    Rush Defense 30 100
    Tackling 40 40
    FG Power 25 30
    FG Accuracy 45 60
    Punt Power 35 40
    Punt Accuracy 45 95
    KO Power 35 50

Now when testing these sliders out, please follow these rules for best results:

1. Game-Planning: Leave on normal throughout the course of the game. Only tempo can be set to conservative when you are up by a decent margin.
    2. Commits: Only use the Pass-Commit in obvious passing situations. At no time should you use the Run-Commit.
    3. Utilize Your Playbook: Do not abuse money plays and mix it up a bit with your play-calling.

22. bdub

bdub Walk On

tackling is really hard to adjust because if you adjust it to an acceptable amount with a good team the really bad teams that we play with are going to not be able to tackle anything. But I do agree it needs to be adjusted a little at least.