Slider Review

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BDSDIGITAL, Oct 29, 2009.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Slider Review

On second thought I'll just explain what I saw.

That was completely un realistic. I'll highlight a few of the down notes:

My team

- Safeties and Corners not reacting to the ball on most plays. I had a few where they played the ball, but mostly they didn't react at all until the ball was caught. On one play that was like 3rd and 25 I was in a base cover 2 out of Nickel and My LB's abandoned their cover assignments and my safties just ran backwards completely clearing out about a 30 yard section of field. Utep converted the third down. My safeties only reacted after the ball was caught 25 yards down field, then they ran back to make the tackle. Gain of 40. Incredible.

- Passes taking nose dives to the ground and Receivers not attempting catches. This happened a few times. I wasn't using any directional throwing at all so I know it wasn't me. I have a video of one that I'll try to get together later. One that sticks out was a 5 yard in route on 3rd down that my WR was wide open. (I have good receivers, and QB) and I mean wide, wide open. I threw just a non directional, average 5 yard pass and the ball started straight, then took a nose dive 3' in front of my receiver, the receiver didn't even attempt to make the catch. 4th down.

- Couldn't run at all. I couldn't run block, couldn't break a tackle, etc. I know I'm not the best at this game, but if there's one thing I can do, it's run the football, so again this wasn't my fault either. They broke through my O Line every play. It didn't matter if I pinched, went aggressive, etc. I had like 2 runs over 2 yards, and neither was more than 10. I ran the ball over 20 times.

Those are things my team did that were completely un realistic, retarded, and frustrating in this game. In the second half I ran All Verticals practically every play because they would just constantly send 7-8 man blitzes at me. Which is just fine with me I guess, but it wasn't fun to run the same play every time. But I had to do something quick out of shotgun or I wasn't getting the pass off. I didn't have time to let routes develop or anything that would resemble real football.

Their team

- coverage wasn't that much of a problem really, it was more just calling all out blitzes every play. However, on 3rd downs they would only blitz 6 and keep 5 out in coverage and they covered well at times. There was one play that I couldn't find after the game where Their corner (not exaggerating) ran from the 35 to the endzone and left my receiver wide right all alone. He was running a go route, so I wonder if the AI just adjusted to where my route was going before the snap ? When they did cover they would make great plays to knock balls down, hard hit receivers to drop etc.

-Would run on first down almost exclusively then would go into 4-5 wide on 2nd and 3rd down. Went for a few 4th downs that weren't advisable.

-Couldn't pass block to save their lives. I think I had 10 sacks. It was ridiculous. I don't think I blitzed at all. I had 7 or 8 in coverage at all times. It all didn't matter though, because they would just convert the 3rd and 30 or whatever the distance was. They couldn't get 3rd and 2 or 3 at all, but could get the 25-30 after two sacks.

-At the end of the game they were down 3 with 2 minutes left, had 4th and 1 at their own 20 and didn't go for it. They instead chose to punt but ran the play clock down to 1 second first. I fair caught it even though I had plenty of room for a return just to not risk the inevitable fumble. Why would they let 25 seconds run off the clock with less than 2 minutes to go down 3? The only thing I can think of is that I wasn't going to be able to run the ball, so with three timeouts left I had no choice but to make them use their time outs then decide to go for the 4th and 7 to end the game, or kick it back where they would have enough time for 2 or 3 plays. It didn't work anyway.

These are just some things that popped out at me. This was by far the most un realistic, frustrating game I've played in NCAA 10 yet. It wasn't fun at all. it wasn't a football challenge, it was an AI challenge. AI challenges aren't fun.

We just need to work on a good set that isn't just a crazy AI exercise and actually represents football. I'll be interested to see what happens in everyone elses game.

2. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

troy what was the score. Also we can go back to the originals and I can throw your game out and you can play it again.

3. BDSDIGITAL

That's not necessary man. It was 27-24 I won. I'm not bitter or anything no big deal. I just thought it would be productive to tell everyone honestly what happened in my game before they played theirs. I have a feeling there are going to be some others that have problems with these too when they play their game. I might be the only one that's played so far this week.

I had a bye last week so I don't know what they were last week, the week before they were more realistic (with the 0's in rb ability etc.) but those were lame too. If I get some time later I was going to look around for a good set to try out to see if I can help find something suitable. I found what appears to be an awesome set for Madden that might apply to NCAA but I haven't tried them yet. They're supposed to be really cool though.

4. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I thought the ones we used last season were fine.

5. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

I am playing now - will let you know how it turns out for me...

6. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

i thought i'd mention that against UTEP my star DE had like 6 or 7 sacks himself

7. BDSDIGITAL

Just out of curiosity, what were the actual numbers on those sliders?

What I used to do when I played regular playstation, ps2 etc was when AA got too easy for me, I would take the AI for the cpu on offense and defense only and just up it by 10-15 until that got too easy, then I'd go up more etc. until i was at 50's across the board, and the cpu was at 100. Then when that got too easy I would take it all back down to 50 and put it on heisman. When that got too easy I traded it in and got something new to play (y)

8. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Started my game - Got part of the way through the first quarter was on my second drive and the maintenance man came to fix my apartment.... Then he flipped the lightswitch that shut off my XBOX and TV... Gonna have to replay DAMNIT

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

sure Nati I believe you.....

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

They are basically the same sliders as last week except tackling and pass coverage was turned up..

We can go back to the original ones, my only issue was rediculous how the DBs jammed receivers. Being a DB, it doesn't work like that. And how they basically know your route if you are running an out, making them impossible.

11. dub

dub Banned

well, I'm home and will play mine now.

I agree with the whole slider adjustment though. Really didn't understand the need to change them, when they were fine, especially during the season. Now all these tweaks interfere with the various results during the season.

The game played fine last week, but that may because of me playing a user game (and from what I hear, the sliders go to default with user vs user game.)

About to play, I'll voice my opinion after.

12. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

The WR jam is a f'n joke. I hate it. You almost have to go to 5 wide to avoid all of your guys getting thrown off their routes. Some people play press all game and that is another rant for another time. I don't have the game with me today but when I get home tonight I can adjust the sliders back and then throw out all games and we can start the week over.

13. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

My impact corner can't catch the ball when its throw right to him... That sucks.... Video upload will show that a 7 year old nancy girl could've caught this pick.

14. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

So should i just not play my game?

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You'd have to resend invites. We might as well just play through it considering two games are about to be over.

That happens with INT set to 50. It's at 15 now.

I'd play it, but if everyone wants to resend invites and start over we'll do that.

16. dub

dub Banned

Totally agree with Jam comments.

playing now

Defense seems fine to me, I actually got a nice INT.

and the RB still runs really, really slow...

17. dub

dub Banned

run blocking could use some adjustments on both sides.

I chased down there running back from the opposite side

Edit.

Blocking is actually doing well now. RB still runs extremely slow, but he is getting holes

18. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

ive had 4 easy picks dropped... getting frustrated

19. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

I cant run for shiiiit

20. dub

dub Banned

well,
    Mixed reviews. My line actually started opening holes as we got into the game
    I won 66-23

It was hard to stop their passing game, but I actually didn't mind it. Their plays where legit, they just knew the weak spots in the D.

My total rushing was
    41- 225- 3TD

My new starting RB. J. Gill had
    32-205 yards 6.4 avg 3TD's

Totally forgot J. Gill was my starting RB now, due to Parrothead's turbo charged tackling, that took out four of my starters for some time. I did a mass subs, and he stayed in the game, hence the 32 attempts.

Passing was nice.
    Zach Maynard
    19-27 345 yards and 5 TD

they ran zone all game, so my slot WR ate them up.
    8 194 yards 2TD

defense played well, given the fact the QB knew where to go. I had 2 Interceptions. One which he caught it over his head while running with the WR.

My all american end J. Williams played beast like.

14 tackles 6 TFL and 2 sacks. I was chasing their RB all over the field and making plays.

All in all, the settings to me are not bad. I'd up the RB ability up like 15 ON BOTH SIDES from where it is now. Increase the blocking by like 5-10 maybe. Interceptions where okay to me now, they actually made effort. So honestly, I wouldn't touch it.
    CPU passing was challenging, but was alright for what it is, a challenge, the plays where legit.

Much better from where the orginal settings change was

21. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

nothing seemed over the top except the RBs... they are gimped pretty bad. It sucks getting McGuffie (96 speed) in the open field and he goes into that ugly looking helf-step run animation because of the sliders.

22. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Running up the gut is no problem its if you pitch or run a stretch play that it really hinders the RB

23. dub

dub Banned

which is a problem right? You have to keep the game play real which seems to be the problem.

If you guys want to make it hard, use the default sliders and just bump it up to Heisman.

What ever though, I'll adapt.

24. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We'll just change them back to how they were and turn pass coverage down some.

I'll post the old one's here in a minute or when I get the chance

25. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Here are the originals..

Offense|User|CPU
    QB Accuracy |35|50
    Pass Block |50|50
    WR Catching |45|45
    RB Ability |45|65
    Run Blocking |50|40

Defense|User|CPU
    Pass Coverage|55|55
    Pass Rush|60|50
    Interceptions|30|30
    Rush Defense|40|55
    Tackling|60|60

Should we lower the pass coverage and up the pass rush some?