Slider Suggestions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Please post here after every CPU game and tell us what you think needs to be changed to make things more competitive and realistic.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Might need to turn down user and CPU INT from what I hear. I have only played like 3 games so far so not a great deal of info gathered.

3. Hova

ya that is usually the case, I will drop it to 40 for both right now.

4. Hova

I played a bad team so I am not sure what to think. The running game felt good. I got ALOT of pressure on their QB but they did have a bad line. Did anybody play a closer rated opponent this week? Looks like ND had a tight one.

5. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

I played FAU so not the best benchmark. They didnt get anything going on the ground. The only yards the did get were on QB scrambles. Their WR's also dropped 7 passes.

6. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Yeah I definitely had a tight one. LOL. The one thing that annoyed me was I felt like Penn State's d-line was swatting away too many passes. I think they were able to block or swat 6 or so passes.

I threw one pick so I think that slider is OK how it is. Other than that, I think it went pretty well.

7. Hova

Ya there were 0 turnovers in my game, no problems there

8. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Bauserman threw 3 INT against Akron and I intercepted the computer 3 times. My defense dropped another 5 or 6 INTs.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I destroyed Georgia Tech, which surprised me a little since it was only my second win in this game. I didn't do a lot on offense but Murray was nearly perfect and ground game did enough to move the chains. My only big run was a late 37-yard TD. On defense I grabbed 4 turnovers (3 INT, 1 FR). The 3rd INT went for a TD and the pass was thrown right to my LB. The FR was an intercepted option pitch that also went for a TD. I had no problem stopping the option attack with my modified 3-4 playbook. They threw a couple late TD passes but I stopped them most of the game.

10. Hova

what are GTECHs ratings?

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I think they are a B overall with B on offense and defense. My team was slightly higher rated at B+ overall.

12. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

The way the CPU plays seems really random.

I've destroyed CPU teams just as good as me, and lost to similar teams or had close games.

It's just strange.

13. Wick36

Passing Offense: Unlike most years, the users aren't dominating passer rating/yards/TDs which is great, although it's a bit lower than what we might expect with these teams. Interceptions are a bit high, but not too bad. CPU INTs could be dropped by 5, but I wouldn't touch CPU coverage, WR catching, or QB Accuracy. I think the CPU pass rush is fine or could be given a 5 point boost, but I've got the second lowest total sacks allowed and I think I have more passing attempts than anyone, so that might just be my perspective from playing out of shotgun the entire game.

Running Offense: 8 of the top 10 rushers are users. 7 of the top 10 in YPC are users. 7 of the top 10 in rushing TDs are users. These numbers are obviously far too high. This is especially noticeable when you look at see that 6 of the top 10 in rushing attempts are users. People are choosing to go for the run and forgoing the pass because of the ease of rushing. I mean, the CPU usually kills users in rushing attempts because their volume of plays is so much higher. We're also killing the CPU on yards after contact. I am not sure whether the best way to approach this would be run blocking, RB ability, rush defense, or a combination of the 3. I am thinking that 5 or 10 to rush defense might be the best first step, that way we don't see a bunch of people in the secondary swimming tackles whenever they're close to the line and we still get some broken tackles.

Rush Defense: We're all in the top 15 in rushing yards allowed. To make matters worse, most of these yards *probably* came in the user games. We're good teams, but the numbers shouldn't be that high. Part of this is from the slightly inflated number of sacks. It's not too bad, but we're too high. It's tough to tell for sure since I don't know how much everybody blitzes. A 5 point dock to user pass rush and a 5/10 point boost to cpu rb ability might help even this out.

Pass Defense: For INTs, we're all in the top half, but we're not dominating, which is good. As far as passing yards allowed, the PAC12 guys are the worst and the SEC is in between with the BIG10 the best, which is probably partially because of the offenses being run. While this isn't terrible, it could use a bit of help, especially as we get more used to the game. Reducing the user pass rush as mentioned in the section above this might help a lot - less sacks = shorter passes and less destroyed drives. Less hurries = less throw aways and less passes that are bad because of pressure. A 5 point dock to INT might be nice, but I don't know how much that would help in the long run. CPU QB accuracy could also be looked at, but in the games I've played the CPU will get really streaky drives and the issue isn't really with accuracy, but with the CPU forcing throws into coverage receivers (especially down field in long yardage situations) or having a bad pass because they're being hit or on the run. We don't want to mess up those things because then the game kind of becomes unrealistic... So yeah, taking a couple points from the pass rush might be beneficial (not boosting CPU pass block means screens don't become impossible to stop!).

Penalties: We're all at the bottom but that's mostly because of the lower volume of plays. I feel like I get called for a hold/clip on 2/3 punt/kick returns, but the numbers are pretty low.

Punt/Kick: Kicking power feels decent, although if you have a really good kicker you can hit bombs pretty easily. Kicking accuracy could be dropped a little bit, but isn't that big of a deal. The CPU isn't missing as many as last year and the recruits seem to come in better, so hopefully we will not need to change that setting. CPU Punt accuracy could benefit from a boost though - they always seem to smash it into the endzone if they're inside of the 50.

The biggest thing is that we don't make any huge chance and take it slow. A slider set that creates unrealistic game play to get realistic stats would be absolute garbage (I've played in a couple dynasties with those on this site and they were terribly boring), so that is a huge key. We've had some losses and close games to the CPU, so things aren't too far off, but we can always try and make them better...

Also, these are just observations from my play in this dynasty, in others, and online that are all using default AA right now. You guys very well might have different observations and that will help keep the set we use as balanced as possible... that is assuming we adjust the set at all.

14. Hova

Good Stuff. CPU Running abililty may go up, along with accuracy. Rush defense as well.

Does anybody else think CPU interception needs to be dropped? I have no been INTd many times by the cpu, atleast not more than normal

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

My opinion is to not mess with sliders at all, but that is just my take. I haven't found running to be too easy. My back is probably averaging like 4.5 per carry, which is far from unrealistic. With coverage already being f'ed up thanks to an EA glitch, I run the ball a lot. My blow out victories are usually a result of my defense, not my offense. I have played several close games with worse teams, equal teams and higher rated teams.

16. Wick36

What's the glitch with coverage?

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Named rosters converted every defensive player type to coverage. So all linebackers and secondary players are coverage types, no hard hitters or whatever other types. I guess game plays a lot different if you play with unnamed default rosters, but I have not tried.

18. Wick36

Eh, I only really notice it with QBs and sometimes RBs. It's not THAT big of a difference. The glitch is also getting fixed in the patch, although we'll probably move beyond players leaving before it comes out. The glitch swaps two of the things, so if it moves stuff from hard hit to coverage, I believe the coverage switch to hard hitters (although I think it's between balanced and X on every position, but I could be wrong).

-

I mean, I'm averaging 6 ypc with my back who is too slow to be great in a spread system, and most people seem to be in the 6-7 range which is really high with how often people are running.

19. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I think the running is fine. I have also had the CPU bust out some big runs against me. I think CPU Kicking accuracy should go down. I have never seen the CPU miss.

20. Hova

I'm hoping the patch is out before we finish this season.

21. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I agree with dropping computer kicking power or accuracy. I've had 5 or 6 FGs over 50 yards hit against me.

The low computer rushing yards come from the amount of sacks they take. Against my defense, the computer probably averages 4-5 yards per rush. Their statistics come from poor play calling. Instead of passing into coverage, they take sacks. Which is probably why they have fewer turnovers than users in most games. I don't know if there is a slider that changes the amount of risk a computer QB takes.

Also, I don't see an immediate need to change the settings when some of our best human teams have lost to the computer already.

22. Hova

I'm going to make a few tweaks but not until the beginning of next season

23. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

I like the way things are currently. I expect my running to be worse next season (or later?) with the absence of Polk, so I guess I can't say for sure if the rushing is too easy or not based on my RB's rating.

Passing is almost impossible for me, but I am kind of getting the hang of it...kind of.

24. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

I cannot pass this year either. It seems the only completions I am getting are when my speed WR's blow past a DB. Other than that is seems I am getting sacked or the passes are knocked down. I think Im in for a shock next year when Demps, Rainey, and Thompson graduate.

25. Hova

I have trouble as well but Denard sucks balls at passing. I think the coverage tendancy of every defensive player may be effecting the passing game in a bad way.