slider suggestions

Discussion in 'Freshmen Orientation' started by GDip, Jul 5, 2013.

1. GDip

GDip Walk On

This is the best slider set I found so far. I will be playing with these and tinkering them a little.

If anyone wants to use these as well and offer any suggestions please do so.

*Found a new set that is much better, might want to tweak a few things with these*

Offensive Skill- Heisman
    Defensive Skill- Heisman

Game Speed- Normal (or Slow, Normal makes them feel a bit more agile)
    Threshold-30

Offsides- 80
    False Start- 80
    Holding- 80
    Facemask- 55
    Offensive PI- 45
    Defensive PI- 45
    KR/PR Int- 70
    Clipping- 45
    Int Grounding- 60
    Roughing the Passer- 54
    Roughing the Kicker 54

USER/CPU Skill

QB Accuracy-10/5
    Pass Blocking- 60/50
    WR Catching- 40/40
    RB Ability - 40/60
    Run Blocking- 0/55
    Pass Coverage- 65/75
    Interception- 35/35
    Rush Defense- 50/100
    Tackling- 45/50
    FG Power- 40/40
    FG Accuracy- 30/40
    Punt Power- 40/55
    Punt Accuracy- 35/75
    Kickoff[​IMG] Power- 25/35

nellycuz
    GDip
    RRAHx2
    Anthrax78
    Jonathan Applegate
    jay2149
    SFRANGER6969
    Hitmhrd72
    BrewBomber
    Aspect1
    Dase or Days
    SmashMouthFB33

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  2. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

I will plug these in later and try them out.

3. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

What about the coaching settings that will effect recruiting? Coaching progression?

4. GDip

GDip Walk On

Everyone will join as a new coach, and the progression(rate at which coaches earn XP) is set at normal. Initially I was thinking each coach would start at lvl 3, that way everyone can start building a skill tree from the get go. If other guys want and higher or lower start lvl let me know.

5. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

I would sign on to starting at least on level 3, if not its going to be very difficult to get any high level recruits for a few seasons.

6. GDip

GDip Walk On

from what ive read so far, people who start season 1 at lvl 1 on normal progression reach lvl 10 by the end of the season. progress is more difficult as the levels advance so i'd imagine getting from level 10 to level 20 would take another 2 season, but thats just a guess

7. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

Someone did a rightup in the gaming discussion forums on this . The way he made it sound was that it could take up to 10 seasons to reach level 20. You should check it out.

8. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

I found these sliders fun to play. When I ran games on slow the scores were a little low IMO but other than that it played well and was decent.

9. GDip

GDip Walk On

i'm assuming you used the updated slider (as of yesterday). If so I agree, i liked them quiet a bit. and only tried them with normal game speed

10. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

Just saw these changes. Will have to plug these.

11. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

In my offline dynasty I jumped from level 1-5 in my first year, and then only moved up 2 levels my 2nd year to 7. This was on slowest setting. However my coach prestige did go from D+ to A in that same time.

12. GDip

GDip Walk On

I'm pretty content with putting HC progression at normal from everything i've been reading.

as for the sliders, i'm reducing Clipping, as i just had 4 called against me in one game. anything else anyone notices?

13. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I'm going to try to find time to give these settings a go tonight...I'll let you know if I notice anything that stands out..

14. GDip

GDip Walk On

if you want to play a scrimmage i've got a practice OD with these loaded up, i've even got cincinnati on my schedule in wk2!

15. nellycuz

OK I'm game, I'll be home from work in about 25 min...Let me see what the situation is but I might be able to hop right on...Sorry about yesterday...after that game I had to run and the wife was yelling so no time to xbl message you back...lol

16. GDip

GDip Walk On

no worries. i'm playing in offline dynasty now so i'll be around for a bit. getting off for dinner in prob hour and a half

• Like Like x 1
  17. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

how does everyone feel about slow game speed? normal feels kinda arcade-ish to me, but not too big of a deal. I notmally play on slow, but down for either really.

18. nellycuz

I think it felt pretty good on normal but am willing to try slow too....everything else feels pretty good..CPU could be a bit tougher but it feels about the same our madden league does so that's what most of us are used to...won't be too many CPU wins against users, unless a huge mismatch. Penalties could be turned down just a tad as well. Definitely going to have to spend some time on the recruiting side of things to get a good grasp on that!

GDip are we using OS rosters? And this will be just names and appearance right? No attribute adjustments?

I'm about tired of playing with numbers only!!!!!!! I want to learn who these fools are!

19. GDip

GDip Walk On

My very first game i played on slow and I found it to be painstaking. The RB movement to get out of the backfield was slower than slow. I could go back and try again with these slider adjustments, but i feel the normal gameplay with these sliders doesn't make it feel unrealistic.

We will be using the OS rosters, I think they do certain attribute stuff, but i could be wrong.

I find passing to be too easy at times. I go on rolls where i put up 200 yards in a qtr and a half, then it slows down a bit for a quarter. But not really sure what else to do with passing sliders.

20. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

I will say one thing, user tackling can't stay that low. Every CPU team that run that option, the QB will be next to impossible to bring down. Hell, they are harder to take down than the actual running back. I have played a couple of games and it seems when the CPU wants a big play, the ball carrier will break all kinds of tackles until it reaches a first down.

21. GDip

GDip Walk On

i'll have to play a few options teams because I haven't found this to be a problem. If anything the problem is there's just too much open space in the option game. if they(QB or HB) get by the first wave it's open field for at least another 10 yards. And take a look at the overall rushing yards when the game is done too make sure the numbers aren't out of whack. I'd rather give some ground to the QB in the option game and have opponents run for 130 yards then tighten things up and make it hard to get past 80 yards.

22. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

The open space isn't the problem. I got QBs trucking safeties and linebackers. If not trucking it takes about 3 or so hits before they go down. Play AF and New Mexico.

23. GDip

GDip Walk On

I just got done with game against UNM and AF in my dynasty. Here's the stats:

NM QB: 12 carries 72 yds, 6yds/car.
    -He had one carry for 41 yards and another for 27. so that leaves him with 10 carries for 4 yards. I was also counting broken tackles and had him at 2.

AF QB's: 1; 16 carries 54 yds 3.3yds/car w/ one broken tackle. He got injured twice coming out for good at the start of the 4th qtr.
    2; 3 carries 1 yard, 1TD with 1 broken tackle.

Overall I didn't see any of the issues I was looking for. Those are all fairly SIM stats. And I never felt myself thinking 'damn, these guys are beast moding on me'.

I'll keep getting more games in against option teams looking for problems. Also if anyone else sees the problem post it up here.

24. GDip

GDip Walk On

Alright guys, we've gotten settled into the game after a few weeks of playing. At first I thought we had a perfect slider setup when in week 1 users went an astonishing 0-6 vs the CPU. However since then I haven't seen a CPU loss, maybe there has been 1 or 2, but none that I remember. Included in that is a San Jose state victory over #3 Stanford and a Colorado St. beat down of #1 Alabama!!

No disrespect to any owners in here but those are wins that probably should not be happening. So I'm trying to come up with ways to adjust the sliders that will help us put a more challenging CPU opponent on the field. I would love some suggestions. What do you feel is too easy to do on offense and too easy to stop on defense?

Cincinnati - nellycuz
    Fresno State - GDip
    Air Force - RRAHx2
    Hawaii - Anthrax78
    SMU - Jonathan Applegate
    Colorado State - jay2149
    Louisville - SFRANGER6969
    Wyoming - Hitmhrd72
    Rutgers - oneshot24
    UCF - Aspect1
    USF - AwaLL
    San Jose State - SmashMouthFB33

25. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

The read option needs tweaked. Looking at the rushing stats, those teams wee killed by it. Looking at Bamas offensive numbers suggests a lot of blitzes. Maybe bumping up some numbers here or there but you can't count for how someone plays against the CPU.