Slider Talk

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by The Richuation, Dec 26, 2010.

1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Now that we are winding down 2011 and have a nice core group, i wanted to get some slider feedback from y'all. So, I'm looking for any input that you may want to give. I will say that IMO the sliders are pretty solid. The only thing that stands out for me is the USER completion percentage... Most of us are below 60%. Considering that most of us are in the top 25 I would expect some slightly higher results. I am considering backing down the CPU pass coverage ever so slightly.

I know we had some discussion lately on the kicking game also. So, please all observations are welcome, but please be prepared to back up any opinions with stats or specific examples. If you like things the way they are, then feel free to say so also.

2. themidnightrider13

themidnightrider13 Walk On

I like the sliders, I haven't really played a good pc team yet. THe quarters are a little long stat wise...no chance the cpu is everg gonna win an award...but maybe that is for the best :)

3. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    ive only had one game so i can not answer this

4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I like the sliders so far. My kicker isn't all that great, so I didn't expect much out of him and didn't have a problem with the kicking sliders. I think that within the next season or 2 we will need the cpu to have juiced up kicking abilities because their kickers tend to get so bad. I did struggle to pass, but a lot of times it was my fault for making bad reads and bad decisions, so I think those are ok as well and having 3 user receivers in the heisman race seems to indicate that they are alright as well in my opinion.

5. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Did we decide on any changes or are we gonna roll with the same set?

6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I'm feeling pretty good about the sliders... if evryone else is good, then we will stay the course.

7. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    agreed :)

8. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Sounds good to me.

9. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I'm good

10. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

I don't like the pass accuracy... some of my throws are horrible... I realize this may be my fault but it produces an unsim result

11. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Are you using UF and Brantley...i have the same issues in my other dynasty where i use him especially when throwing crossing routes from left to right across the screen. If you are using brantley, its him not the sliders or you.

12. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Yeah I hear you, I have a pass now and then that gets away from me. I have been trying to reduce my throwing on the run as that makes a big difference. Also, I have noticed that steping up into the pocketnto throw makes a big difference.

13. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

I understand what you're saying Rich but the reality is that (and in real life too) the quarterback doesn't always have that luxury... Setting your feet is great, but the opportunity isn't always there... there are other talented kids on the other side of the ball coming... He's not just pitching the ball out to a reciever running routes... But what bawvu says could be valid too

14. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    @Brian202202

When you get a chance try throwing at the left side vs the right. He's more accurate throwing to his left. This may be more anecdotal or situational but that has been my experience. You just have to get used to it. Try shorter routes too like a west coast offense (slants, drags, etc)

15. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

Thanks I'll try it out see how it goes. I just kind of feel cheesy throwing a lot of slants with UF's speed so I try not to too much.