Slider Testing Discussion

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Slider Testing Discussion

Since we have discussed using sliders for year 2 i thought i would post different sets during the course of the season for everyone to try out and give their impressions on. This set of sliders came from the TF Sliders thread in the Coaches section

2. dubb40

dubb40 Sideline Football, We Rock!

These look good, but they need to be tested.

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

We definately need to test them. I read the feedback from the other guys and its as follows.

Like i said these are quotes from the creators. We still need to do some testing before adding them in year 2

4. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

i am against slider changes. i belive its hard enough as is, although i have been beating up the cpu the teams i was playing where horrible. The teams we are using are not good teams, most of us have qbs in the lower 70's and cant hit the broad side of a barn any ways. I think we should leave it the way it is.

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

Personally I am struggling with my team but none of us should be blowing out teams like TCU and BYU in our first year with these teams. While obviously it just shows the skills of some of you its not very realistic.

6. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

I'm all up for slider changes as well. Winning is definitely fun, but we are all here for a sim experience.

7. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

Like I said in the other post, I think we should look to up the difficulty level. We should be losing more than winning against superior talent (ie. TCU, BYU, Utah, Ohio St). I realize we haven't been winning all of those games, but we should probably be winning like 25% of those games against big time schools.

In addition, we probably shouldn't be able to blow out our conference competition as easily as we have been (in cases). I had a narrow escape against Idaho only to win the next week by 60 points. That probably shouldn't be possible.

Also, what level are we recruiting on? If we are on AA, maybe we should bump that up to Heisman after another year or 2 to make us have to work to move up in the ranks.

8. Tiger171

Tiger171 ONE FULL SEASON WITH NO TF's!! VICTORYYYY!!

I don't think we should bump the difficulty level, I think a sliders tweek would be more suitable for us..I'm kinda in the same boat as Sabo because I've never had any success on the heisman level...but I think these sliders should def be tested before we inplement them next year

9. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Here is another suggestion. Since we still got atleast another year with our teams before were available to upgrade if we choose..........

This year I made no modifications to the schedule, with that being said yea some of you guys beat the bigger named schools, but none of those are really top tier teams on this game. With that being said next year I already planned on giving everyone tougher non conference schedules, so what we can do if you guys want is hold off on sliders until year 3. This will give us ample time to see how our minor teams will handle playing the 5 and 6 star schools. And then if were still running the table we can implement sliders for year 3. This is just a suggestion. Like i said a few of us are still struggling with our teams vs the ai on straight AA settings.

10. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

been using these for my offline dynasty, these are SN's sliders from OS. I was 9-3 in my season with SDSU and lost to Oregon in the Las Vegas Bowl...clipping is called an awful lot so I would bump that down. If anyone tries these out lemme know what you think.

Personal Preferences
    Auto Sprint: Off
    Auto Strafe: Off

Gameplay Options
    Skill.........................All American
    Injuries.....................On
    Fatigue.....................On
    Quarter Length...........7 minutes
    Play Clock..................On
    Game Speed...............Normal
    Speed Threshold..........25
    HFA Effect..................On
    Ice the Kicker..............On

Game Rules
    Offsides........................95 - (Not much offsides, but with Gameplan on Aggressive, you should have more!)
    False Start....................95 - (Not much false starts, but with Gameplan on Aggressive, you should have more!)
    Holding.........................50 - (Not much holding, but with Gameplan on Aggressive, you should have more!)
    Facemask......................50 - (Occasionally called, but Aggressive will get more for trying to strip the ball.)
    O Pass Interference........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    D Pass Interference........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    KR/PR Interference..........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    Clipping.........................55 - (Occasionally called, but Aggressive Blocking will get more clipping.)
    Intentional Grounding.......100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)
    Roughing the Passer.........100 - (Possible to get away with it, but can be easily called, if it happens)
    Roughing the Kicker.........100 - (Should always be called, if it happens)

Custom AI (HUM/CPU)

QB Accuracy...................30-30
    Pass Blocking..................50-60
    WR Catching...................50-50
    RB Ability.......................50-50
    Run Blocking...................25-85
    Pass Coverage................45-75
    Pass Rush......................45-55
    Interceptions..................15-30
    Rush Defense..................25-70
    Tackling.........................40-45 - (Look for more gang tackles rather than big hits!)
    FG Power........................5-20
    FG Accuracy...................15-55
    Punt Power......................5-45
    Punt Accuracy.................25-75
    KO Power........................25-45

SPECIAL TEAMS SLIDERS For Season 2 and Forth - (Lack of kickers/punters for recruiting causes a large amount of bad special teams down the road, so this should help a lot).

FG Power........................40-55
    FG Accuracy...................15-60
    Punt Power......................40-55
    Punt Accuracy.................25-95
    KO Power........................35-50

11. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

sabo911, sounds rational to me. I am really game for whatever, I just would prefer the challenge because I see going .500 as a successful season with our groups.

12. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

I really think there needs to be slider changes.. Running the ball is way way too easy. Furthermore, there's not enough of a pass rush right. Penalties are not called often enough either... holding is called maybe, once or twice a game. CPU almost never has false starts, etc..

These are the sliders I use in my offline dynasty.. I went 10-2 as Boise St., beating Virginia Tech, but losing to Oregon State and then USC in double OT. Statistics were EXTREMELY realistic.

Skill: All American
    Recruiting Difficulty: Varsity
    QTR Length: 7 minutes
    Game speed: Normal
    Player Min Speed Thresh: 50
    Home Field Advantages: On
    Ice the Kicker: On

Holding, Face Masking, Clipping - 55
    Everything else - 95

User/CPU
    20/35 - QB Accuracy (This is really nice.. The CPU doesn't go 90% every game..)
    45/40 - Pass Blocking (Makes the sack stastic much more realistic)
    50/50 - WR Catching
    50/55 - RB Ability (Face it, running's easy.. except for the CPU..)
    50/60 - Run Blocking (Again, CPU needs help with running!)
    30/30 - Pass Coverage (Make's it to where impossible INT's don't happen as often)
    50/50 - Pass Rush (Already fixed with Pass blocking)
    15/15 - Interceptions (Much better.. my QB in this dynasty has like 20 INT's???)
    40/55 - Rush Defense (Help's CPU Run easier, makes user running harder)
    60/60 - Tackling
    45/50 - FG Power
    10/50 - FG Accuracy (Make's FG's actually take skill)
    50/50 - Punt Power
    10/55 - Punt Accuracy (Coffin punting so much harder!)
    50/55 - Kick off Power

13. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Have you had a chance to try out the sliders i posted on the first page ?

14. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

I haven't been working like crazy the last two days, that's why I haven't been able to post as much. I'll try out an offline game with them asap though.

15. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

i was just curious no rush at all