Slider Tweaks

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Dec 23, 2012.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I know I said we were just gonna roll with the current setup, but my 1st game reminded me of some of the more frustrating aspects of it.

1) CPU pass coverage is a little strong to me. CB's are fine, it's the LB's and D-lineman that are off. Frustrating when the CPU can bring heavy blitzes from the outside because LB's can blanket WR's. In my game against WMU, a DE dropped back into a buzz zone and covered a curl. I flipped it out to the flat only to have that DE meet the ball there and lay my HB out. Can't move this too far because of how bad the safeties already play. I'm not even gonna mention how every defender has better hands than Jerry Rice.

2) User tackling is too low. I use conservative on both tackling gameplay options and I will still rarely make a tackle with the first defender. I don't "bighit" either. I don't have the stick skills for that.

I see combating these this way:

For 1) Turn pass coverage down 5 and INT's down 10.

For 2) Turn tackling up 10, CPU HB ability down 5 and CPU run blocking up 5.

I don't see a big problem with human pass defense. I can get pressure when I need to and that helps my coverage. LongGone mentioned user pass coverage, anyone else agree?

I really wish there was a slider for CPU bighits. I don't know what idiot thought it would be cool for there to be one every other play.

Let me know what you all think.

• Like Like x 1
  2. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Looking at Missou's receiving corps they have some faaaast guys soi maybe thats why they seemed to blow past my defenders every time.

Everything looks good to me.

3. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

I agree here, I don't know how many times I've had a receiver "open" but get picked off my a LB making a seemingly superhuman leaping catch. Plus it seems like DBs have the advantage most of the time in one-on-one matchups and my receivers have a lot of drop passes. Of course, that might be because my team sucks so bad. Too bad I picked the worst team in the Big East and try to build while winning 3 or 4 games a year lol.

4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Does anyone else get frustrated by the lack of pressure from the DL? I seem to able to get very little pressure from just my front 4, even going against suspect OL.

I've had a ton of times where, even if my DE does get some push, the OL just pulls him away from the QB and the QB scrambles for yards. I've taken control of the DE and can't disengage from the OT, even if I'm pulling the stick in the complete opposite direction.

I don't want to have to blitz whenever I want to get pressure.

Would anyone be opposed to a minor tweak to either lower OL blocking (human and CPU) a tick or up Pass Rush a tick?

• Like Like x 1
  5. onaradio34

If we did this, I would want to lower the Hum Pass D some as well. I just don't want guys sitting in Cover 2 or 3 all game waiting to get picks because they can get good enough pressure without blitzing.

The problem I find isn't that I can't break blocks, it's the angles in which the olineman can engage me. You beat one block only to have a Guard come from the other side of the pocket and somehow stop all your forward momentum by contacting your arm. My favorite though is when you break free and are streaking to the QB when the HB dives at your knees from behind you and knocks you off your feet. Totally a clipping penalty yet the animation warps the HB to hitting you in the side of the leg. Lovely EA, lovely.

Unfortunately, I don't think sliders improve any of these issues.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  6. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I would like us to revisit punting to see if there's a way to tweak it. I've got a punter with 90 kick power and he can't even kick a 40-yard punt. I don't think he should be blasting 50 yarders every time, but 37 and 38 yards when I'm getting full power without wind is too low. Only 25 of 118 punters averaged less than 40 yards in NCAA this year according to ESPN and the top guy averaged 48 yards.

7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Here's an issue I have with punters. Maybe it's just user error, but I can't seem to directional punt. I can crank the direction all the way to one side, try and not overpunt it for distance, and it still goes wherever it wants to go.

8. onaradio34

We can take a look at that. I've always had turd punters at Temple so I wouldn't have noticed, lol.

Ditto here.

9. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

maybe bump punt power and punt accuracy a bit? not a huge deal but annoying.

10. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Anybody noticed any problems with receivers getting separation in the passing game? It seems like I've been having a rough time finding open receivers so far this season, though it may just be that my receiving core is craptastic lol!

11. onaradio34

Made the following changes:

HUM Punt Pow - up 10
    HUM Punt Acc - up 5

CPU Pass Block - down 5

We have HUM pass D already at 10 so to combat the better pass rush I move HUM INT down 5 to 25.

12. onaradio34

I have already adjusted this once this season (week 5 or 6 I believe). I don't think you have had a CPU game since the change as you won't see much difference vs another user. Let's wait until you have a CPU game then let me know if you still think it is a little strong.

13. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Oh ok, will do

14. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

I can finally get on TSO and catch on some if the things around the league....the punt situation is kind of crazy cause I have a powerful kicker and can't seem to get alot of distance on punts either so I'm left to resort to the rugby style rolling punt to get more yardage. The other thing that's bothering me is the catching by wide open receivers, dnt know if anyone else is having this problem but my receivers will get separation and be wide open whether its for minimal yardage, a TD, or a big gainer and seem to drop it every time. Other than that I agree with everything else.

15. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Low accuracy rating?

16. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Had a WR in SH that ALL of his crucial receiving attributes were in the 90's. Dropped an average of 7 balls his JR and SR seasons with around 50 receptions each year.

17. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

Im having a SERIOUS problem catching wide open throws to recivers!!!!!!

18. onaradio34

Have you tried conservative catch? I slap it on immediately and I don't see any drops. Also, if you click to the WR too soon, I think it causes more drops. If have to wait until the WR has completed the catch then switch over to him.

Conservative catch is a must though and really, there is no point not to use it. I have never seen that many broken tackles after a reception even when using the top tier WR's.

19. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Conservative Catch is definitely the first thing I do on offense.

If that doesn't help enough try to work on leading the receivers a little more. Usually, when I can Cons. Catch on, the only time I get a dropped pass is when I throw it behind the receiver.

20. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

The drops when you switch to the receiver and try to turn them up field too quickly, I like them, because it happens all the time in real life. Are they frustrating? Yes. But they are realistic.

21. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

True. Same as when I muff the punt by trying to take off right away.

• Like Like x 1
  22. onaradio34

Have either of you noticed that a CPU controlled receiver won't have that slight loss of speed that a human controlled WR does? Just a split second drop. I have tried letting the CPU control the WR through the catch and first step or 2 and I definitely think there is a difference.

I always abandon the tactic the first time the WR has a clear lane and runs directly into a defensive player though. Haha...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Well I played my first CPU game since you made the changes to pass defense and it seemed pretty realistic to me, just have to keep conservative catching on. I guess its just one of those seasons where my passing game has gotten the short end of the stick. I have 23 total drops through 7 games and my QB is sitting around 44% completions :(

I kinda expect my Sophomore WR Brian Wright to have a few drops with his 68 Catch rating, but my #1 WR and #1 TE have the most drops with pretty good Catch ratings. Hopefully it will even out since I'm done with the hard part of my schedule.

24. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Do you throw to your #1's a lot? I think fatigue has something to do with drops as well. I know when I hit the same receiver over and over it seems he has a higher chance for a drop later in the drive than in the beginning.

25. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

To be honest, I don't think my #1 WR has had a lot obvious drops but he hasn't gotten open a lot down the field. I think he had like 4 drops vs Baylor, so I really haven't been looking for him much since. Also for some reason, he has been getting his clock cleaned more than few times going across the middle lol.