Sliders Adjusted (3-27-11)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by klaximilian, Mar 27, 2011.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I took a moment to tweak the sliders with the guidance from our commishes, our own gameplay experience thus far, and looking at the most popular sim-style gameplay sliders that have been created and saved in the slider vault.

If you get a chance to play a league game today, please take a screenshot of the box score and let us know your thoughts on the game and if you thought it was realistic as possible. I will refrain from mentioning what I tweaked at the moment, but I would like to see what the result of the game was, as well as your thoughts on the gameplay.

Sliders against the CPU have also been set, so I'm hoping it will be realistic gameplay when you face the CPU. If you happen to play a league game, please specify whether or not you played a human or the CPU, so we can make changes accordingly.

I anticipate a few more tweaks, but in order to get to the most sim-style gameplay, your feedback is needed.

Thanks guys.

2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

So am I understanding correctly based on your latest YIM message? No league games? Just exhibition?

@Scikotic

3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Shit, I meant old slider set.

Everyone please test out the league. The new sliders must be tested out before we play in the real TBL. Get a few games in. I think you should find that the games are a bit more realistic, but I may have missed or mis-read a few sliders.

Thats where the testing comes in. So please, get a game in if you can.

4. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Why is CPU consistency and strike frequency all the way up?

That is not realistic lol

5. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

try playing the computer and you will see why. Even with it all the way up they still throw a ton of balls and are all over the plate. I played the Cubs as the CPU team before we adjusted the sliders and threw just 2 innings Zambrano had thrown 50 pitches and after 5.1 innings he was at 98 pitches and was pulled.

6. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

That's baseball - you can't expect all strikes.

CPU can be wild but players can be as well. I have played plenty of CPU games. Its hard. You are not supposed to win them all.

Just have to be patient.

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Trust me, its not at all realistic. I played a game with the sliders all the way over and they typically throw 3 balls before they even attempt to throw a strike, and more times than not if you just put the controller down, you will come back to the bases loaded. The CPU pitchers need to have some sort of consistency in the strike zone.

Again, this is all in the works. I need your feedback from games played with them. If you have some, please let us know.

8. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Totally disagree lol

I think its fine and people just don't like how difficult the CPU is. Ill try them though.

9. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Try it before you knock it. Trust me, it looks like I made it really easy, but its still not. I have since tweaked the CPU sliders after I crushed the Reds 15-5 and mashed 8 HRs. That was too easy. The would locate the ball in the zone all day. I think I played with the consistency and tweaked their accuracy to throw a few more balls.

10. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

LOL... Am I the only one that got rocked trying to pitch to the computer?

I'll give this set a whirl tonight Sci and let you know... I think I'm more of a user/user "The Show" player maybe... I blow vs. the CPU.

11. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Not going to mislead you guys in any way here, you will definitely need to exercise patience against the CPU. Pick your spots and wait for your pitch to come. They will not give you an inch....you will need to take it from them. Also be very aware that they take almost every ball you throw. Very rarely will they chase a pitch out of the zone, so you will need to throw strikes. And good ones or they will make you pay...

12. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I logged on yesterday after this was posted but could not get a league game. I will be online tonight around 9 eastern if any of my opponents want to try these out.

Is there a way to try out the sliders in an exhibition game against user opponents??

13. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Man, are our experiences really that different?

I get the CPU to chase all the time.

14. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I get them to chase on 2 strike counts, but thats about it.

15. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

We are out for whats best for the league as a whole so be patient, try out the new sliders as Scikotic already mentioned and we can go from there.

16. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I never get the CPU to chase. They have a iron jaw and take a 3-2 CU just below the knees.

17. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Ok i got in (2) League games tonight and here are the box scores as requested:

An error cost me the game against the A.I Cubs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

How did you fare against the CPU before the sliders?

19. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

3 hits in both games is NOT good.

20. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

We increased the batting....

Sounds more like a user issue:D

21. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I had 10 hits in the user game, but only 5 against the CPU

Hard to tell a difference..If I had to pinpoint it I would say maybe its easier to pick up on the pitch speed??

I have not looked at the slider changes, so I'm just guessing based on 2 games.

22. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

My bad, I thought they were BOTH A.I.

23. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I played computer game last night and was outhit 14-9 in a 3-2 win in 14 innings.

24. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

25. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

I thought when I took a quick glance at the sliders it said it was set for sim style and it looked like each slider was set at default. This was right before the league was activated so you may have made changes after I looked. But if that is what it is set to then I'd like to see the sliders bumped up for human timing and human contact. Of course I am making this suggestion after I was ONE HIT by Kershaw last night. Even so I feel that hitting isn't "right". I don't want to say hitting is too hard, (it is harder) nor do I want to say it is broken. It just feels a little off. Mind you I have been relatively lag free so I don't think that's the issue. I will say that I am convinced online timing is broken for analog. I regretfully have switched over to zone hitting and although I can't say it's broken it definitely feels a little off.