Sliders and Actual "Sim Stats"

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by Anthrax78, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Hello League,

I wanted to take some time today to point out some things regarding the sliders and stats that I've heard some coaches taking issues with and I'm open to debate with others in the league.

PASSING

The idea that passing sliders are off is becoming a popular opinion in some circles. While I completely agree that passing is tough this year lets take a look at the 2013 NFL stats and our stats up to this point (week 6)

Capture.PNG

and here is our stats

Capture 1-a.PNG

As you can see that most of our league leaders in passing rating are on par and three are above the passing rating leader last season (Aaron Rodgers). I know the rating system has flaws of actual gameplay since if you look at the posts above, the completion %'s are lower. My counter-point to that argument is that YPA is ALWAYS higher in Madden since guys usually go for deeper passing plays. My issue is that it does balance out but you have to take into account the risk/reward factor of going for deeper passes since the slider adjustment from last season (-2), most of the middle of the road QB's in the NFL complete 60%, but only at a 7 YPA. In our league it floats around 9-14 depending on WR's and other factors. Keep in mind it's per attempt. So even when you are completing only 50 % you are actually getting 14 yard per catch if only at 7 YPA.

FUMBLES

These have been recently adjusted, but I personally have been screaming about this for 3 seasons now. I will let these stats speak for themselves.

Capture 2.PNG

Now here are ours, this does not include WR's or QB's.

Capture 2-a.PNG

Disregard Ramsey, Maddencareers sucks. Anyway most of these guys have between 3-6 fumbles and we are only about at 1/3 of the season. Since the sliders have been adjusted we can hope this improves since league leaders in fumbles usually float around 6-9 fumbles per season. Remember, this is madden and you can only expect so much for a game that still has it's flaws and attempts per fumble ratios should be considered as well.

The reason for the post is mostly for open discussion among league members. I feel we should strive to for as "close madden will let us" stats regarding the sliders to our gameplay and this is just my opinion. I would hate as a long time league member for new guys to drop simply because of this issue. Remember also, RRAHx2 has a very difficult job managing this league and trying to keep realistic sliders and gameplay so your voice will only be heard if you can discuss this in a friendly manner.

Crowe - JAX
    brizz98 - IND
    BrewBomber - HOU
    Hitmhrd72 - TEN

oneshot24 - NE
    whatspeakyou - NYJ
    AwaLL - MIA
    CCTxWonTon - BUF

nellycuz - PIT
    mmorgan184 - CLE
    Snake Eyez - CIN
    Wiznerd420 - BAL

Aspect1 - OAK
    GDip - DEN
    SFRANGER6969 - KC
    T.B.A.R. - SD

- DAL
    The Rulah - WAS
    Craig Brown - PHI
    nicknick68 - NYG

PantherKing1983 - CAR
    jay2149 - ATL
    Coachmedicis - NO
    Chief9 - TB

Anthrax78 - SF
    SmashMouthFB33 - STL
    UofCWildcat - SEA
    RRAHx2 - ARI

LSUTRUTH - CHI
    Toasted Cheeto- MIN
    TryHardNation - DET
    dillonb15 - GB

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

I really don't have an exception with the passing sliders. Just gets frustrating when I have guy like Phillip Rivers missing simple slants horribly. That being said, I do like the idea that every throw is not spot on and passes will be off sometimes. The real issue for me was the fumbles. Having a guy with 93 CAR and fumbles like his carry rating is in the 60s doesn't sit well with me at all. I have noticed the change in the fumble slider, should make a big difference in some games where guys won't get the almost automatic fumble because he attempted a hitstick tackle.

3. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Agreed, the stats are really a result of guys buying "Big Hitter" trait and turning every safety into Ronnie Lott. Same with linebackers. Even if you have a Rb with cover ball trait to "Always" and carry over 90 it happens so that trait doesn't equal the big hitter trait IMO. Also, since we are in season 5, lots of guys have picked this up so fumbles have become rampant.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

I agree anthrax - but i've now had 15 fumbles in last 2 games. I've been fortunate to recover a bunch of them, but 15 in 2 games i think is a little too high. I have the same RB i had last year and he has improved a ton since last year. I dont think I fumbled 15 times in all of last year....

With the passing - as frustrating as it is to miss a 5 yard pass, it's realistic and actually for the first time makes having a quality qb actually mean something so i'm all for that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

This was the point I was making comparing the stats to the real life stats in regards to fumbles. My opinion was pro-passing slider and anti fumble slider(they've since been adjusted but I haven't had a man to man game since the slider change). The league leader in fumbles in real life for a HB was McGahee, he put the ball on the grass once every 30 or so carries. Since this is Madden I do not expect that same ratio and fumbles should be a danger in this game especially for speed backs but it forces guys to want to throw it 40 times a game since there is less danger in a turnover with that offensive option than running the ball 15 times. I don't expect the carry fumble ratio to ever match but it shouldn't deter anyone from wanting to run more either.

6. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Great stuff Anthrax! I really like the passing sliders so far, personally. I did notice a high number of fumbles, and as you said, I am sure it is due to all the hit power upgrades. However, I did lower the fumble slider by a few points after week 5.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

I'm fine with the sliders as they are.

A lot of fumbles definitely come from the big hitter trait.... the Broncos prior to his retirement had his defense loaded with big hitters and they produced A LOT of fumbles every time I played him

8. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

I'm fine with everything but fumbles....15 fumbles in 2 games is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

I played a game Sunday and had only 2 fumbles, but one that I could blame myself for since it was a Qb scramble. 1 was a rushing fumble so I felt it was decent considering I ran maybe 30 times that game so I felt the ratio was fair. Is it still coming up a lot in other games?

10. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

15 fumbles.....how does that even happen?:eek:

11. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

hahaha - agreed - it was ridiculous. Only had 2 last game tho.

12. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

That's good, guys get cold streaks on carry ability anyway from what I've noticed and maybe it will even itself out. Regardless, for any team to have more than 20 fumbles a season is incredibly high...here is a graph for what it looked like last NFL season

Capture.PNG

Bottom line is that hard hitter trait has had a bad influence on league stats and anyone without FS,SS, or LB's that do not carry this trait face a huge disadvantage when really it should be based around personnel and playcalling that effect games.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013