Sliders and Clock

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KnightNoles, Nov 9, 2010.

?

Sliders

1. ECB/T1 sliders

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. AA Default

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. Heisman Default

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Clock will be to 7:00 for the next week

Vote on Sliders

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I say we hold off on changing the sliders till the next season, and I am probably going to be the only one ballsy enough to go with heisman default. the heisman sliders i use in RMG are slowly being tuned to default. although I would suggest turning INT's down to 5/0, reason being that when they are up at 50 there are WAAAYYYY to many TO's on both sides. the first time i played i think there were a total of 8 INT's the entire game.

3. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

I went with ECB/T1 sliders. I played a couple games with them tonight. WVU vs VT and then WVU vs Bama. I beat VT like 40 something to 20 something due to turnovers, but ended up losing to Bama by a FG as time expired. Ingram went off to the tune of like 257 yards and McElroy had like 357 yards passing on 10 completions of 20 attempts. Not sure if it was sucky defense or what, but if he got any time, my defenders weren't anywhere near their receivers.

I did enjoy the fact that I could run from shotgun and even when pressured it didn't feel cheap or cheesy. It's probably an improvement over what we currently use. I'm sure people who have played with both can weigh in and give a little better info than what I just provided. I think BDS already has talked about the differences in the other thread.

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I voted naturally with the sliders from ECB/T1.

I can't stand Heisman default. I think the clock should be 7 minutes.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I would quit the league if we went Heisman default. I do not enjoy playing against robo QB.

I am ok with either of the other 2 choices. Just to appease the masses I will go with the ECB sliders. Wouldn't want to play with no sliders, since kids can win games against the CPU on that level.

I am 100% for 7 minute quarters instead of the 8 we are currently playing with.

6. BDSDIGITAL

I think I would too....I hate heisman.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I gave up almost 600 yards passing with TCU against SMU in one of my games. I won that game too so it didn't cause me to lose, just made it a lot less enjoyable.

8. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I voted for AA Default just because I'd like all the dynasties I play in to be similar but I actually don't care. It looks like T1 will be the winner though

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I hear what you are saying about the robo QB. When I first started playing on heisman I was seeing that too. Its the way the CPU plays is different and the way you have to defend against it is different than AA. Now I am holding the CPU's QB to 60-65% completions and having no problem.

10. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm voting for default AA since they are working well in GOB.

11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

How are those sliders when using an option offense, I have not seen anyone bein able to run an option offense when CPU run defense is above defult and the Hum Run Block below 50.

My team next season is going to be horrible and not very fun to play with as I have a QB with 80THP and 82THA, but he has a 90 speed rating, so if the sliders are going to hinder my ability to run an option offense it won't be fun to play with my team at all. I am already behind the 8 ball here as I am coming in late on in a league full of powerhouse's and with all the top recruits being gobbled up the first 2 seasons by all the users, I will be at a HUGE disadvantage. I am already dragging my feet along as it is until I can get my hands on a more desirable team to play with.

12. astealthyhippo

I used the WVU playbook last night in my few test games of the ECB/T1 sliders. I was able to effectively move the ball with the spread option. Load options, triple options, read options, HB off tackle, draws, etc. all worked (or at least were given a chance to work). Sometimes they were shut down, but a lot of the time if you make the right read you can pick up decent yardage. So using a spread option running attack is definitely possible with those sliders. I am pumped, because I would really like to run that type of offense. However, I have been using more of a spread passing offense with my current QB + sliders dictating what I was capable/not capable of doing.

Not sure of a triple-option offense, but I am guessing you could probably run it with the ECB/T1 sliders.

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

That is what I am worried about, the thing that sucks is that i will have to thrown in the towel in my user games as the option is VERY easy to stop.

14. astealthyhippo

But regardless of sliders, user games are always tough to run the option out of shotgun. At least you'll be able to run it in CPU games rather than not at all.

15. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I dont care which sliders but 7 minutes would be good.

16. KnightNoles

8 votes...

I know I haven't voted yet and I'm goin out on a limb and saying: Max, Beazus and Jugg haven't voted :thumbsup:

clock has been changed and will be 7:00 next week

17. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

AA Default
    Would say Heisman, but not if that would make everyone quit

18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I am going to change my vote to AA default.

19. BDSDIGITAL

Hey noles, I'm not trying to blow up your spot or anything, but I think we should be playing more user games. What does everyone else think of this? I don't think three is enough, Bondzai needs 4 or 5 to have a good time :)

20. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Agreed

21. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

this dynasty is slow enough already

22. astealthyhippo

I think that's from some people mentally checking out or moving this dynasty down their priority list. I don't think we have had many users games hold us up this season. It's usually 1 random person + Noles being the last ones to play.

I think 4 user games would be good. Don't think 5 is possible, especially for Pac-10 guys.

23. KnightNoles

We had a vote on this and went with less to go quicker... Want to bump it back up I'm down with it..
    Hippo I've been on time every week I'm pretty sure! Haha

24. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I was one of the first to vote actually but I can see where you'd assume different.

AA Default sliders? Really? I don't care too much but is that too easy? I wasn't joking when I said that is what my 6 year old plays with and does pretty well. He throws about 20 deep balls a game and completes enough to score a decent amount of points. I don't mind that I lost a couple of CPU games this year, I probably should because I am ND with only above average talent. I've been able to run the ball decently the last few games and haven't seen anything too unrealistic so not sure why we would back it down to something easier. I'll go along with whatever obviously but I am kind of diggin these close games most everyone is having vs. CPU.

25. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Here is something to ponder, instead of AA default or jacking up the AA sliders, why doesn't everyone try Heisman with everything at 25? Or if everyone would be so kind as to actually try out my Heisman set and not bash it just because it is heisman, maybe it could be a good alternative to using jacked up AA sliders.