Sliders and Coaching Tendencies

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jax351, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Just wondering if this has ever been discussed. In light of us trying to re-create a simulation of the sport have we worked on this?

2. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

which sliders?

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I've got some tougher sliders in mind if you guys want to try them. The sliders sim nation use are pretty tough and produce some good sim results according to AG.

4. Jayrah

YES I want this^^^^

5. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Rec do you have a link for them...? I also know that going in and adjusting the coaching tendencies for all the computer teams makes a HUGE impact on how the Sim games are played out... I would be willing to take the time to go through and do this.. A member at the Operation Sports forum has put the list together.

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I am fine with tougher sliders

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Tougher but still realistic? I don't want 74ovr D-lineman blowing up my 87ovr offensive line every play.

8. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Agreed... We need to find the right balance.. I know that SEC Elite and KKMan on the OS forums get pretty good reviews for their sliders.

9. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

You could go in and do that only to the teams in our conferences or the ones played in nonconfrence games, so you dont have to do every single team

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Sliders & Settings

Difficulty: All American
    Quarters: 8 mins
    Speed: Slow
    Threshold: 0

Regular Season Settings
    Offense|HUM|CPU
    QB Accuracy: 15|15
    Pass Block: 20|20
    WR Catching: 40|40
    RB Ability: 45|50
    Run Blocking: 35|50
    Defense|HUM|CPU
    Pass Coverage: 45|45
    Pass Rush: 30|30
    Interceptions: 25|25
    Rush Defense: 20|55
    Tackling: 25|45
    Special Teams|HUM|CPU
    FG Power: 20|20
    FG Accuracy: 50|55
    P Power: 50|55
    P Accuracy: 70|70
    Kickoff Power: 45|55

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I havent had a chance to play with these sliders yet so if anyone wants to give them a shot go for it. I also like the sliders over in the LoC.

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

That would be great if you wanted to do that for the CPU teams. I never even thought of that.

13. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

It really does make a huge difference.. The CPU teams will then play more like their real life counterpart and also reduces the excessive blitzing the CPU does against Hum during games. Here is a link to the info on these tendencies. Disregard the sliders he has just scroll down to the Coaching Tendencies....

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-sliders/442277-updated-coaching-sliders.html

Rec... How would I go about editing these??? Do you have to give me access to it?

14. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

I could Mexi, but doing them all will improve the sim results of all teams rather than just the few teams we play.

15. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Have had really good games with these sets... Seems similar to the set you posted above...

Set#1

Options
    Difficulty: AA
    Quarter Length: 7-8 min
    Game Speed: tested on Slow and Normal (Started playing on slow recently, works on both settings)
    Speed Thresh: 30-40 (I play at 35, but any of these will work well)

Penalties
    Offsides and False Start: 100
    Holding:50
    Facemask: 55
    Offensive PI, Defensive PI , and KR/PR Interference: 100
    Clipping: 55
    Intentional Grounding, Roughing the Passer, and Roughing the Kicker: 100

Sliders (User first CPU)
    Offense
    QBA-15/15
    Pass BLK-30/25 (Up from 25, helps with play action and some poor blocking in general)
    WR Catch-45/45
    RBA-50/50 (Back to 50, 55 created too many broken tackles and long runs)
    Run Block-35 *Note option and spread option teams need at least 45 or 50 user RB to have success/65

Defense
    Pass Coverage-50/55 (Down from 60, should help user complete more pass. WR should be open more)
    Pass Rush-30/30 (30 for user and cpu, along with 25 pass block, provides the best pocket possible. Blitzing is now risk/reward. More you blitz more people open. Cpu will not block everyone so sacks are their, but a good qb can see it coming and get the ball out quick. Also, cpu blitzes are more effective so watch out!)
    Int-35/35
    Run Defense-25/60 *Note option and spread option teams need cpu run D at 55 or 50 to work
    Tkl-40/40

Special Teams (These sliders are more of a preference to the user, still suggest you use them)
    FG Power-30/25
    FGA-30/55
    Punt Power-45/50
    Punt ACC-30/70
    Kick Off Power-45/50

AUTO SUBS (I use Playmakers Autosubs settings, works really well since they are the best sub settings around, credit to him in this thread and check his varsity sliders out Playmakers Slow Speed Varsity Level Custom Skill Sliders sometimes the link won't work)

OFFENSE
    QB OUT-65
    QB IN-70
    RB OUT-80
    RB IN-85
    WR OUT-80
    WR IN-85
    FB/TE OUT-80
    FB/TE IN-85
    OL OUT-65
    OL IN-70

DEFENSE
    DT OUT-80
    DT IN-85
    DE OUT-80
    DE IN-85
    LB OUT-80
    LB IN-85
    CB OUT-70
    CB IN-85
    S OUT-80
    S IN-85

Am now including coaching sliders to decrease cpu blitzing and overaggression. Enter either of these sets into your coaching philosophy settings in the team management tab in your dynasty.

Set#2

Skill – All American
    Quarter Length – 8 or 9 Min
    Game Speed – Slow or Normal Updated (10/30) I am loving these sliders at normal game speed. The game feels so much more realistic at that setting. It just feels really really fluid. I am a little disappointed in myself for waiting this long to switch over.
    Minimum Threshold – 0
    0 IMO is absolutely the best way to play NCAA11 and this slider set will be tuned for it. If you test this slider set with any other threshold, you may not get the expected results.

Custom AI

QB Accuracy – User 10 / CPU 10-15 (Updated (10/6)
    Simply put both CPU settings will provide a good game. I play with it at 10 because it feels best for me. Here are the positives and negatives of each setting:

Good:
    - CPU QB will scramble when pocket breaks down.
    - Reads are slower (realistic); will throw deep on man coverage.
    - QBs under pressure will throw more poorly (ball spins not as tight) inaccurate
    - Will provide more sacks for the defense because of the slower reads.

Bad:
    - Pressure will force more turnovers and poorly thrown passes
    - CPU QBs are seriously effected when the momentum is not in their team's favor resulting in very poor play. (Yes, momentum is very much a factor in this year's game)

Good:
    - CPU QB passing is extremely effective against zone defenses.
    - CPU QB rarely makes mistakes and throws very accurately
    - CPU QB very effective with slants and when throwing to the middle of the field.
    - Quick reads and quick throws giving the user defense very little time to react resulting in less turnovers

Bad:
    - All CPU QBs can usually throw for over 200 yds a game resulting in extremely high scoring games and passing yards (frustrating)
    - CPU QBs will usually be able to find an open receiver before the pass rush gets to them resulting in low sack totals by the user defense. (High awareness in the pocket)
    - Very few poorly thrown balls, less lobs, the majority of passes have tight spirals.

The are my observations.

Pass Blocking – 25 (Updated 9/13)
    This was a tough one to determine. It seemed so much easier to find the sweet spot after the second patch. At 50, there was suction blocking. I am bothered by how effective the user swim move is this year. It seems to be effective all the way up to about 70 for CPU pass blocking, but boosting the pass blocking that high for the CPU will not allow any pressure from your defensive line. 30 minimizes the suction blocking and seems to allow the match-ups to take place at the line. A good pass rusher will provide a problem against a low rated blocker, particularly a blocker with low agility and strength.

WR Catching – 45 (Updated 9/13)
    My person preference is to stay away from the 50 setting if I can. I want to see a WR play to his ratings without receiving an unrealistic boost to get to a thrown ball. I didn’t do much testing with this setting because it seemed to play OK at 50. The five bump was just to get away from default.

RB Ability - User 45/ CPU 100 (Updated 9/17)
    Here comes the boom! Big Mark Ingram plays like big Mark Ingram. If you want to see the CPU cut, juke, stiff arm, and spin, this is the only way to play. I watched over 100 plays with various running backs. This setting allows every running back on the game to meet his full potential. Not every running back is a threat though. Rush defense is still high. User 45 plays the most fluid for the user. We can realize a running back's potential on every down. This is where RB ability user plays the best. Leave it at 45 - I am still seeing fumbles but not so many

Run Blocking – User 35 / CPU 40 (Updated 10/30)
    I was surprised at well the game flowed with rush defense and this setting at 35. Blockers still seem to block upfield and ratings seem to matter on the line. defensive players get off of their blocks realistically and suction blocking is no where to be found. Try it here and see what you think. 40 for the CPU is a recent change I have elected to make based on some observations of CPU spread offense play. To many times, I have seen user controlled defensive tackles shed their blocks and are particularly too effective against the read option, which is a tremendously dangerous play as we have seen in college football this year.

Pass Coverage – User 50/ CPU 55 (Updated 9/23)
    Upon further testing within my dynasty, I have found that this setting works exceptionally well. The threshold at 0 is creating the separation needed for offensive players or vice versa to make plays. I think you will be surprised at how realistic pass coverage feels at these settings.

Pass Rush – 25 (Updated 9/13)
    In a recent game Ohio St. vs Marshall I saw absolutely no pressure by either team. 25 seemed to allow a rush that was more realistic.

Interceptions – 20 (Updated 9/18)
    I have been playing with this setting for a few weeks and I like it here. Pass coverage is still tight and turnovers seem to be less frequent.

Rush Defense – 70 (Updated 10/7) Testing
    I will be testing rush defense at 70 for my next few games. I loved the way that this setting at 100 felt and some of you may wish continue on with that setting. For me however, I would like to see a little more interaction between the offensive and defensive lines. I would like to see the ratings of the players determine a win or loss in terms of the line battles that take place. Line play will always be my priority with any set I tweak because it is my opinion that this is where games are won or lost. 70 tends to provide a little more of that "interaction" that I am looking for. Test it here an provide feedback on what you see.

Tackling – 45 User/ 35 CPU (Updated 9/30)
    It angers me to see players fall at a ball carrier’s feet without even attempting to make the tackle. 35 still provides a good mix of solo and gang tackles. 45 is being tested to see if it balances with RBA at 100. 45 balances with the CPU RBA quite well

FG Power – 20
    mm…mm… good

FG Accuracy – 55

Punt Power – 55

Punt Accuracy – 70

Kickoff Power - 55

*******Remember to change the coaching sliders as NCAA 11 plays a different game with them. I will continue to make changes as feeback is left. Thank you so much for the help!********

Here is a direct link to the spreadsheet provided by Chia 51

Updated Coaching Sliders

Excel
    http://www.4shared.com/document/98EO...INAL_2011.html

PDF
    http://www.4shared.com/document/hjVO...INAL_2011.html

I use Roman Caesar's roster set; Outstanding work DK(Edit 11/1/2010) Roman Caesar has completed the roster set and other members have taken over edits for it. You may download the current roster from member shakeandbake30 Thanks again!

Thank CeeJay for the Sub in/Sub Out Sliders!

Pos. In/Out

QB 75/60
    RB 85/80
    WR 85/80
    FB 85/80
    OL 75/60
    DT 85/80
    DE 85/75
    LB 85/80
    CB 80/65
    S 80/65

Penalties
    All 50 except the following
    OPI, DPI, IG, RP, RK, (100) Offsides to 45

16. Jayrah

Hmmm, I wonder how those work after the 3rd or 4th ea update we've had.

To be honest the only real place I'm seeing issue on a play to play basis is in the cpu rushing game. It just seems very non-existent at times. And then Ole Miss runs around, over and through me in the second half of the Cotton Bowl to earn the victory :(

Also would LOVE to see coaching tendencies updated for all teams. I have heard now from multiple sources that this makes a HUGE difference in the cpu attack.

17. Jayrah

2 questions...

1: Could he do that even after we've begun the dynasty? I know for cpu teams you can't do much to them after the dynasty is set.

2: How would he gain access to that?

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Both good questions that I dont know the answer to just yet. Let me look into it.

19. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

be careful with cpu rush defense + hum run block combos. I have seen some sliders that constantly get Rushes blown up in the backfield especially from shotgun. Changing stuff is fine with me, just make sure you test it from center and from shotgun.

In the past I have found slow game speed to be too easy to pass on, but i could be alone on that one.

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im not a big fan of the slow speed either. We can test the ones Jax put up and see what we think. Feel free to try those out guys and post any reactions/thoughts.

21. Jayrah

I've never liked the slow speed in Madden or Ncaa. Football happens fast. Making quick, calculated decisions is part of what makes football great. The speed we've been on has been perfect imo except for the cpu running game is missing in half of the games. The cpu qb makes up for it a lot, but in general sometimes I don't feel I have to try hard to get stop it, and the cpu stalls a lot because of that fact alone. That's the only thing I would bring up as a gripe about current sliders. Everything else seems about perfect imo

22. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Rec... Where you ever able to find out if I can go in and adjust the Coach settings of the CPU teams?

Also was wondering if any of you were able to try any of the sliders.. The only one I am wondering on is the Threshold.. I have heard many places that 35 or 0 is a Very Good Setting. I just felt, in my last game that my speedsters werent able to quite pull away as I expected them to...

Anyone else have some thoughts?

23. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

I think rec has to be the one who does it, cause I know that Im not able to change them, so I doubt you would be able to jax.

As for threshold, im getting some tackles from behind by dlinemen. So maybe bumping it down is a possibility?

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think Mexi is right, I would need to do this. I'll see if I can start knocking some of these out in my spare time. I would have to give you the file to let you change them. Which is an option. Let me see what I can do.

We can drop the speed threshold to 35 come week 3 and see how it feels. I dont want to drop it all the way down to 0 without testing it. Kind of want to stay away from guys just getting it their fastest players on the outside and blowing by everyone (like in versions past).

25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I gotta dakota since UF beat you did the sliders seem realistic? You didnt comment on it so I figured it they were ok.