Sliders and Gameplay

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Aug 24, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Sliders and Gameplay

I wanted to make a thread to try to toughen up the sliders as it is evident we really need it.

So here's what we have now:

Sliders
    Offense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    QB Accuracy 30 30
    Pass Block 50 15
    WR Catching 45 40
    RB Ability 50 65
    Run Blocking 50 50
    Defense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    Pass Coverage 65 70
    Pass Rush 80 50
    Interceptions 25 25
    Rush Defense 30 50
    Tackling 50 50
    Special Teams Human CPU[/U][/B]
    FG Power 35 40
    FG Accuracy 25 35
    P Power 50 50
    P Accuracy 25 50
    Kickoff Power 50 50

For now, TBD = Default until we decide on some changes

Assuming these are correct, I had SC miss 2/3 extra points against me this week. That's kinda crazy.

I'm not a huge fan of the CPU running animations right now. It comes across as cheesey rather than realistic. I'd like to see CPU RBA at 60 and Human Rush defense at say 20. You could even drop human tackling to 45.

Also, I think the WR catching could be dropped for users. Maybe to 35 or 40.

Human Pass blocking should definitely be lowered to 40 or 45 if not lower.

Also, I'd like to see pass coverage increased and INT's turned down. Less turnovers but more pass breakups would be pretty cool IMO.

That's all I got for now, I'll post more when I think of some stuff later.

2. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

How about this

Sliders
    Offense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    QB Accuracy 30 30
    Pass Block 45 15
    WR Catching 45 40
    RB Ability 50 60
    Run Blocking 50 50
    Defense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    Pass Coverage 70 75
    Pass Rush 80 50
    Interceptions 20 20
    Rush Defense 20 50
    Tackling 50 50
    Special Teams Human CPU[/U][/B]
    FG Power 35 40
    FG Accuracy 25 35
    P Power 50 50
    P Accuracy 25 50
    Kickoff Power 50 50

3. GoGators

Drop the human tackling to 45 to help off set the decrease in CPU running back ability. I think they're only averaging 2.# yds per carry right now against users.

After that, I think it should be good to try out next week.

4. GoGators

Ok, just finished my game this week. Played FIU so I'm not sure how these would have faired against a better CPU team. Also, the new patch was released and that has changed some things.

For sliders, it was nice to actually see the man coverage work for once. It gets tiring having to play zone every play because man coverage sucks so bad. I actually had a good amount of pass break ups via tight coverage as well as a couple coverage sacks. Which all seemed very appropriate against an overmatched FIU team. They were also able to get somethings going so it was kind of balanced.

The patch that came out today was suppose to assist in the CPU run blocking so that changing that slider won't have as drastic an effect on the special teams blocking. That should be a great improvement so we should be able to help the CPU run game by increasing their blocking slider without creating ridiculous animations/runs by their HB.

A couple notes from what I'd like to see gameplay wise:
    1) Both teams should have 3-4 seconds in the pocket. I think the pass blocking sliders can both be modified for this. The CPU pass blocking should be increased I think. (see #2)

2) as a result of more time in the pocket, I think the pass coverage slider should be higher. Both CPU and Human should be able to make reads and throw developed routes rather than be forced to throw the ball on the stem of most WR routes. Also, once a route has been completed, that should be all the time the player has to throw. So pass blocking can't be too good.

3) I think the QB's should be accurate in a way that reflects their ratings. However, I think tight coverage should result in drops and lower pass efficiency. Therefore, I think WR catch can be lowered on both sides.

4) With tight one on one coverage you should be able to challenge the DB. This should result in catches and incompletions not a lot of interceptions. You shouldn't have to find the guy that's open by 5 yds every play. So, I think the interceptions slider can be low.

5) CPU run defense needs to be much better apparently. Also, something that would help this is helping the CPU offense to control the ball more. Most games the user dominates time of possession and this enables crazy stats. If the cpu had the ball more we wouldn't be able to put up as many points.

Just some thoughts on where I'd like to see us try to go gameplay wise. Chime in with your suggestions please.