Sliders and Gameplay

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Aug 30, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Sliders and Gameplay

Just a couple things, maybe this can liven up the boards a little bit.

I'm really liking the challenge the sliders provide. They are fairly realistic and challenging. I just question if the CPU doesn't try to win as much on varsity as they would on all american or heisman. I'm wondering if there's something coded into the game competition wise that makes the CPU less likely to win on the varsity setting.

This has really started to bother me and I'm getting extremely frustrated with EA. I didn't notice it as much last year but maybe it was just me. Do you notice that no matter what formation you call, the defense comes out in an appropriate formation based on whether you chose to run or pass?

For instance, if you go Shotgun 4 WR and pick a draw or QB read, the defense will come out in the 4-3. If you go the same formation on the same down and distance situation but pick pass, the defense invariably comes out in nickel or dime coverage. With the quick audibles, it is way too easy to beat the defense. Why is EA so stupid, is that really the best thing they can come up with to make the CPU competitive is to make it cheat?

The CPU loves to call screen passes. Yet the screen pass play is broken. The O-line releases too soon and the QB can't drop fast enough. The result, the play develops too slowly and 9.9/10 times the QB is sacked by the untouched D linemen. This happens to both users and CPU. Only way it seems to work is out of the shotgun.

This issue overlooked by EA really caused the game to change when I played ASU vs USC. USC called 4-5 screen passes that all resulted in sacks and then USC couldn't convert from 2nd & 18. Therefore I got the ball when I shouldn't have and really was able to get a W when I probably shouldn't have. These stupid issues make the CPU uncompetitive and there's no way to fix their stupid play calling. i.e. last year when a 43 spd QB would be running the option or QB reads. Unbelievable!

I really can't figure out how EA is a public company. I like this game, but I really can't believe some of the stupid issues EA allows year after year. It can't be that difficult to make a better game than this. Damn monopolies!!!

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    1. We have had more CPU wins on Varsity than we ever did last year on Heisman.

2. This has always happened.

3. Screens suck...they CPU offense just seems football dumb sometimes. That is why I am so excited about Madden and 32 users. A user game every week will weed out the haves and have nots (I am a have never).

4. EA needs to hire me.:) Seriously, I would love the opportunity to bring focus on the irritating spots that reoccur every year.

Shaun

3. GoGators

Yeah, I can't believe they continue to overlook this stuff. Especially now with all the feedback that the internet and users can supply. They don't even need to hire a testing team. They release the game and everyone does it for them and provides feedback for free. Yet they are incapable of taking this valuable data and running with it.

So gameplay continues to be sub par, but at least we have Erin Andrews and a bunch of other useless features in the game right?

4. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Did I hear and read that games against Confrence teams Will not change venue from year to year? I hope that is not true!!!

5. GoGators

hahaha, wouldn't be surprised. In the ESPN feature for my UF dynasty I'm playing FSU at home but it said in the write up that we were playing at FSU.

Also, for the 80th year in a row, they continue to have the Sun Devils fans wear maroon. They all wear yellow to the games!!!!! Guess that's an easy on to over look when all you gotta do is turn on the freaking game!

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    You would be fired within the day. Its like the guy who worked for a car company and suggested a car that lasts 25 years. Cant make it too good or they'd sell a lot less.