Sliders and Slider Modification

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Jul 23, 2009.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Sliders and Slider Modification

I will post here any modifications to the sliders.

Sliders & Settings
    Column 1 Column 2
    Difficulty: All-American
    Quarters: 7 Minutes

Sliders
    Offense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    QB Accuracy 30 30
    Pass Block 50 20
    WR Catching 45 40
    RB Ability 55 60
    Run Blocking 50 50
    Defense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    Pass Coverage 65 65
    Pass Rush 75 50
    Interceptions 25 25
    Rush Defense 30 45
    Tackling 50 50
    Special Teams Human CPU[/U][/B]
    FG Power 35 40
    FG Accuracy 25 35
    P Power 50 50
    P Accuracy 25 50
    Kickoff Power 50 50

Ice the kicker is now on.

Penalties Setting[/SIZE][/B]
    Offsides 100
    False Start 85
    Holding 50
    Offensive Pass interference 100
    Defensive Pass Interence 100
    KR/PR Interference 100
    Clipping 50
    Grounding 50
    Roughing the Passer 70
    Roughing the Kicker 0

2. lilmaggie

Well, I'll be the first one to say it. The sliders need some work. I played Cal, it should have been a better game than it was. I really had no trouble. I can understand dominating an inferrior team but Maryland should not dominate Cal. They moved the ball ok, but their defense sucked. What did you guys notice. I want to make small changes in the direction we want to go. After a few weeks, hopefully we will have it right.

I propose something like this: CPU Def Awareness to 60
    CPU QB Accuracy to 55
    User Tackle to 45

3. Yeah i agree with you in that their offense was decent at best and at times the CPU defense seemed really weak, but that's probably cause I was playing such an inferior team (Middle Tennessee St.) Still I expected a better game than 70-6

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'd love to chime in, but with my war against FSU it was hard to tell what the sliders were doing vs. what we were doing. Nothing was easy at all, but nothing was too difficult if that makes sense.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

That's the problem with AA, the cpu blows! I thought the scoring cap was 65 so I completely shut it down midway through the 3rd qtr. I gave up -1 rushing yards to NT, they should have been able to get 30-50. I'd say you could almost bump everything 10 across the board for the CPU.

6. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Walk On

my game vs OSU was in the rain and had multiple injuries so I cant really comment on the sliders either

7. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I haven't played cpu w/ Bama yet...but in another OD I we play Hiesman and it is HARD! It seems tougher than last year on Hiesman.

8. lilmaggie

After I went in to make some AI adjustments for Week 2 , I realized that the sliders are different that last year. There is no "Awareness". I made some subtle changes. We will see how that works.

9. GoGators

10. lilmaggie

I am going to work on sliders a little more for next week. The main focus on FG accuracy, I want to see some missed FG on both sides. I think the game is more realistic when it is not a gimme if you are inside the 30 yard line. So be prepared. If the sliders do their job, we should start seeing some misses. I may boost CPU defense just a little also. I will post what I change.

11. lilmaggie

I've been reading some post on the sliders and I would like to boost the user pass rush also. I will post the changes. Let me know if you like or dislike the changes.

12. BDSDIGITAL

I got a 63 yarder kicked on me with plenty left on it. Probably would've been good from 68-70..no shit.

GT's kicker if you wanna know. Right down the pipes. I didn't know Morten Andersen had any eligibility left.

13. GoGators

That's disheartening. I have no idea how EA can continue to over look that every year. It sucks if you change the sliders too because then the cpu will still try to kick those and then you just get ridiculous field position.

Plus, if FG kickers are booting 70 yarders, what the hells the point in having the field goal return formation???

14. GoGators

Here's a new slider update from OS:
    http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-sliders/337609-sns-all-american-sliders-xbox-360-a.html

OFFENSE (USER/CPU)
    QB Accuracy: 15/15
    Pass Blocking: 50/65
    WR Catching: 45/45
    RB Ability: 45/90
    Run Blocking: 45/50

DEFENSE (USER/CPU)
    Pass Coverage: 75/75
    Pass Rush: 55/55
    Interception: 25/30
    Rush Defense: 0/70
    Tackling: 60/50

SPECIAL TEAMS (USER/CPU)
    FG Power: 15/25
    FG Accuracy: 10/50
    Punt Power: 45/65
    Punt Accuracy: 10/85
    Kickoff Power: 45/55

I think we should look to progress towards these. They'll make the game more difficult and actually give the CPU a chance. I think we should all feel threatened by the CPU, otherwise they're just boring games of padding stats.

We don't need to use these exactly, but we could go half way to these and see what we think.

15. BDSDIGITAL

I think we should wait until the user teams are more equal. As it stands now There's one team that's twice as good as the other user teams, 3-4 that are on that 2nd tier, and the rest a tier below that.

16. GoGators

I see your point and with me being the team that's twice as good, it's probably unfair for me to comment. But I will anyways hahaha.

This variety in team talent is college football. The mid level teams you speak of should end up with 4-5 losses if it was a sim league right? The only way that will happen is by increasing the slider difficulty. If we make the game easy the first year so that everyone wins all their games vs the cpu so everyone can get a good recruiting class, it's not really reflective of real world settings.

Again, I understand I'm UF and I don't want to sound like I want it easy for me because of my team talent and difficult for everyone else that's trying to build their program. I think that making it difficult to beat the cpu will make it more interesting and challenging to build your program though.

17. GoGators

Hey, here's the new sliders that we're using in the OFFL leagues. They've implemented these sliders for all the OFFL leagues. It's a really well run sim style league. I'd be game for giving these a try. Also, in that dynasty there's a very wide range of teams from USC to ASU to Texas A&M so I think it's a level playing field still w/these.

QB Accuracy15/15
    Pass Block 45/0
    WR Catch 40/40
    RB Ability 60/60
    Run Block 50/50

Pass Cover 95/70
    Pass Rush 100/45
    Inter 15/15
    Rush Dee 15/50
    Tackle 55/60

FG Power 30/30
    FG Accur 25/50
    Punt Power 50/55
    Punt Accur 15/50
    KO Power 40/45

offsides 100
    false start 90
    holding 50
    facemask 55
    Off Pass Inter 100
    Dee Pass Inter 100
    Clipping 55
    Int Grounding 75
    Rough Pass 100
    Rough Kick 100

18. lilmaggie

Week 5

I decreased the CPU pass defense and increased the User pass rush a little more, made a couple of minor changes. The biggest change is I went 7 min. quarters. That is where they need to be.

19. GoGators

Can you update the settings in the first post if those aren't the new ones please?

I think user pass block and cpu run block should both go back to 50. We can turn the CPU running back ability up to 65 if needed. The 55 cpu Run block just created chaos on kickoffs. Kentucky nearly took every kick back against me. Twice I had to run guys down on the other side of the 50. It got to the point I had to hold back a spy.

20. GoGators

Can you update the settings in the first post if those aren't the new ones please?

I think user pass block and cpu run block should both go back to 50. We can turn the CPU running back ability up to 65 if needed. The 55 cpu Run block just created chaos on kickoffs. Kentucky nearly took every kick back against me. Twice I had to run guys down on the other side of the 50. It got to the point I had to hold back a spy.

21. lilmaggie

I will post the new sliders later tonight. In my game against Rutgers, I thought the CPU pass defense was too good, but that may be because I am so use to it being really bad. What did you guys think this week?

22. txshrns

txshrns Guest

Ohio not tOSU beat me down. I pulled a hamstring and never touched the field!

23. GoGators

I know in my game against UK a lot of my yards came from Tebow dropping back finding no one and then pulling it down and running through the holes created by the ends looping outside. If they would have had a spy on him I would have been screwed because their pass coverage and rush were pretty good. Also though, I didn't have to pass a lot because the running game was almost too easy. But I've been getting better at my ground attack so it would be related to that and not the sliders.

24. tin cup

tin cup Walk On

I beat memphis in week 1 with a score in the last few seconds, the last 2 games have not been as competive so I don't know what to say........... I think its hard to set sliders against the cpu then expect them to work on player vs player games...

25. lilmaggie

Slider update

New sliders are posted for Week 5.