Sliders Discussion - All American

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Shaun Mason, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Now that we are back on AA, post any impressions here.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Damnit! I always have a bye or user game the first week of new settings!

3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Anyone?

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

My game last night was put to SIM, then this week I have a user match. I will share my thoughts next week.

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Well I haven't played on the heisman siders for the last 3 weeks (2 user games and a bye) so I can't relate the current AA set to the most recent heisman set. That being said I thought the game played pretty realistically. I had quite the defensive battle with Northwestern in the first half (13-7 at half). I really struggled to get the ground game going (Nick Hill 25 carries for 107 yards) and was pressured all day when I tried to pass. My Oline isn't all that great though and Northwestern has two impact linebackers so I definitely didn't have an issue with this. In the 2nd half I adjusted and ran my offense through heavy run sets (Maryland, Tight-I, etc...) and finally got some room to run, which opened up a long TD pass as well. The score is lopsided because of 2 Northwestern turnovers that were returned for TDs.

The game was challenging, at least for a half, even though my team is much more talented than Northwestern. I enjoyed the difficulty without the heisman BS.

6. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

@Shaun Mason - not sure if I've missed this in another thread, but are the new AA sliders any different than what we are accustomed to from last season. If yes, could you post the deltas.

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    @Randiesel75

They are about the same. I would post them, but I am sitting in the hospital waiting to see a surgeon in the morning, so no dice.:)

8. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Good luck!

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Its hard for me to give my comparison between the old sliders on AA and the new ones since my team is do different. Running the ball was balanced because at times I was able to hit the and make dome cuts for nice pickups and occasionally the defense would stop me for a loss. My backup QBs can't pass so Im not shocked when I missed open receivers.

Defensively, I had four sacks and countless other pressures and knockdowns, so that felt right. My only concern on that side of the ball is the pinpoint accuracy of the Iowa QB and the receivers that always managed to be open On third and long.

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I hope all goes well Shaun.

11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

@shaun -- Surgery on what? Good luck.

I thought the sliders were decent. I played Maryland, who is pretty shitty. Their running backs aren't very good, but with the cpu RB ability jacked up to 100, they were making some pretty good runs. I don't have the stats in front of me, but a good cpu running back is going to be tough to stop.

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That's what I want. I don't care if you win games you should, I want the competitive games to be competitive.

13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Here are the Legacy Sliders:

Slider HUM CPU
    QBA 40 55
    PassBL 55 55
    WR CTH 40 40
    RBA 45 60
    RunBL 45 55
    PassCov 45 55
    PassRush 50 45
    INT 10 20
    RushD 20 55
    Tackling 50 55
    FGPow 50 55
    FGA 50 60
    PuntP 50 55
    PuntA 50 50
    KickoffP 50 50

Speed Threshold:50

As I said before, these sliders have given the best balance between competitive and realistic game play as well as realistic statistics. People lose 1 or 2 CPU games a year. I play as Iowa and I am 1-3 against OSU and I've also lost games to Purdue and MSU. I know PSU (bravejaf) just won a close defensive battle to MSU 13-7. I really think we should give these a shot. Suge can vouch for being able to run from the shotgun with these as well. I'm sure there are a couple issues with them here and there, but I am in 4 leagues and these are by far the best set I've played with thus far.

Edit: I have no idea why everything got moved around in that table, but that is not the order I entered the sliders in.

14. GoGators

I'm down to try these.....everything gets moved around in the table because the table sorts the first column alphabetically I believe. Blame it on Shaun :)

I've told myself I'm going to stay out of the sliders debate from now on, but I can't resist.

Two points:

1. I can see your struggle shaun w/trying to make effective sliders. UF's playbook this season has some I-formations in it. I can try running from the spread and get like 2 ypc because my G's and C get blown up by the DTs. Or I can switch to the I-formation and grab 8 yards with ease.

2. I'm still wondering about the speed threshold thing. There were countless times last night where my HB got ran down from behind by UGA's DE after he got the corner. Man that's frustrating. I think it's an error with the game though. I hate how EA has it programmed so the CPU defenders always take a perfect angle to the ball carrier and they always run at top speed. It's so unrealistic. In real life, a DE would give a fair chase in a straight line sprint, but as soon as he had to break down and change directions, my HB would be gone. Damn you EA!

15. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I quit playing this game a couple months ago (I think) but one of the things I liked best about my sliders was the speed threshold. I think I had it @ 25 but it allowed the speedy guys (for you as well as the CPU) to run away a little more from the slower guys.

EDIT:
    Oh yeah.

And fix your damned sig! I'm tired of seeing it end with "[​IMG]

16. GoGators

Then quit stalking me!

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The threshold is at 0.

18. GoGators

I was doing some reading on OS and it seems the concensus over there is to have the speed threshold around 20-30. The best argument I read was that you can relate it to the level you're playing on. The 50 speed threshold is set for varsity difficulty since the CPU plays slower there anyways. 0 would be ideal for heisman to stop some of the cheese you normally see where LBs are faster than WRs. Right in the middle, 20-30, is the sweet spot for AA from what I've read.

Also, are we going to give the Legacy sliders a try?

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I need to find time to look at them, and go back and look at the results down there. If the computer can't run the ball, I dunno.

20. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

They can run the ball on mine.. I honestly think you should give them a try man.

21. GoGators

I think so too. Even with the CPU being able to run the ball, they haven't come close to getting a win yet.