Sliders Discussion - Heisman

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Big Suge Knight, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    My initial thoughts on the Heisman sliders, a good starting point. The user pass rush was nonexistent in my game, as I had 2 sacks and 3 knockdowns (did not track the hurries past 4) on the 34 attempts by ND. Their O-line ratings are LT (75 OVR, 85 PB, 78 PBF, 77 PBS), LG (70 OVR, 70 PB, 69 PBF, 62 PBS), C (69 OVR, 79 PB, 75 PBF, 82 PBS), RG (87 OVR, 84 PB, 80 PBF, 85 PBS) & RT (84 OVR, 80PB, 81 PBF, 84 PBS) against my D-line ratings are: LE (84 OVR, 85 SPD, 97 ACC, 80 STR, 81 BSH), RE (88 OVR, 79 SPD, 61 ACC, 90 STR, 89 BSH), DT (89 OVR, 53 SPD, 73 ACC, 82 STR, 93 BSH) & DT (89 OVR, 78 SPD, 84 ACC, 80 STR, 86 BSH). My thinking says I should win more battles than I did or at least get pressure and not be tossed to the ground at the snap.

When I got the ball off the CPU had 10 deflections on my 36 attempts, 2 by the true freshman FS Lowe (50 AWR, 78 Z Covg & 70 M Covg) on deep balls that had the trajectory to go over his head after my guy beat bump and run. Not sure if that can be fixed or not.

2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

@Big Suge Knight - How about the rushing game on both sides of the ball. Did you find it was easier to rush for yards? Was the CPU breaking too many tackles?

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

To me, the CPU running game against TCU felt about right. It may have been a bit too jacked up, but it is tough to say after only one game.

I felt like TCU's defense played WAY over their heads though. This TCU team is a shell of their former selves, having a B- ovr offense and defense. Take a look at the roster. I could barely run the ball, which is okay since I'm a spread team now, but I feel like Washaun Ealey should have done better against their caliber of defense.

It was a pretty thrilling game based on how it all went down, but honestly it wasn't that fun. I'm willing to give it another couple games, but if they all play like that I'll be asking for the CPU defense to be slightly toned down.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

As I said in the scores thread, I agree with Suge in that it was impossible to generate a pass rush, especially when user controlled. My controlled player was routinely thrown to the ground and when I got pressure the QB got rid of the ball every time. I did not manage one sack, user controlled or otherwise. I did not look up the Oline's ratings for USF, but they have a C- offense so I can't imagine they are all that great.

@Randy: I found it easier to run in the first half, but the CPU shut me down in the 2nd half. I don't know if its normal for it to make adjustments like this but I liked it. I didn't have any problems with deflections as Suge did, at least nothing out of the norm for how this game has played in the past. I was able to go over the top on fly routes when my WR beat bump coverage, I think that is on your QB's arm not so much the defender's ratings.
    I think the CPU did break too many tackles, but they were usually contained to one play. If the CPU player broke one tackle on a play, they were going to break the next 4 as well. This happened to me three times in this game where I had 4 or 5 chances to tackle a guy and he slipped through each one. I ment to save those videos but I was pissed after loosing and didnt take the time.

Overall: I liked the feel of the game, but the Robo QB/lack of pass rush issue reared its ugly head again and I believe this was the issue with Heisman sliders in the past. I'm not sure if there is a way to fix this.

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Heisman has always felt like the CPU cheats..

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Wow, 1 week in and we are already getting this statement. Haha. If only the CPU could talk. I'm sure on all American it would say the users "cheat" a lot. 70+% completions, running sweeps and vertical, scrambling with the qb, all things the CPU isn't programmed to do, but us users could take advantage of. Now the A I playing field is more level.

Not calling you out pa, just saying we gotta consider that the shoe is on the other foot now. On aa the CPU really couldn't keep up. Now, they are capable of doing some of the things we can.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    It is going to be a tough adjustment for some guys.

8. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Good point.

I believe at week-6 we will have some good data and valuable input as to what needs to be toned down, if any. Do we know of any other NCAA ODs through TSO that play Heisman with positive results and user feedback.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yeah, after one game I'm inclined to pin it on a bad week of practice and maybe taking TCU a little bit lightly. I do agree that the user break block or whatever might need to come up at some point, but it is too early to tell.

Also, Gators, just because you spearheaded the movement to Heisman doesn't mean you have to be its apologist. Just sayin.

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    It was not a whole easier to runt he ball. My big back broke a couple tackles once he got past the line of scrimmage while their running back broke most first contact.

11. GoGators

I got ya....I'm not trying to be. I'll be reserving comments going forward. Just wanted to put that out there though to keep these things in mind. If everyones against it by week 6, I'll have no issues with a change. I'm just glad we're trying it.

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Okay, fair enough... it just seemed to me like you might be a bit too defensive since you really made the push and got most of the league to agree to try them. They are going to take some criticism, so don't feel the need to justify wanting to switch and feeling like every negative thing said about them is directed at you. Not saying that you do, but again... just sayin...

13. GoGators

No, I'm not taking it personally at all. I put the suggestion out there, but 8+ guys voted in support of it, so it's not just me that made this decision.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

I bet I lose my first CPU game lol

15. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    The funny about my game was that ND does not have a better team than Michigan especially looking at the ratings but they seemed to play up to their ranking. (If that makes sense)

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Same for TCU actually... interesting...

17. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Ha, well USF is much worse than MSU ratings wise and they completed one hell of a comeback...

18. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Sounds awesome

19. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

The cpu broke......seemingly every first tackle. End of the game, they had 10 broken tackles to my 1.

20. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Still too early to tell but my observations:

- We got pressure from our line but as soon as we got close, the QB would do a jump pass or some shit to get away. Only sacks we got were on blitzes.
    - We had a couple dropped INT
    - I could actually run a little better out of the shotgun for some reason...
    - CPU abused the middle of the field. Ban it!
    - There were a combined 6 or more facemask penalties. CPU had 2 I had at least 4. Im assuming that Heisman increases the tackling a little bit or something.
    - Yeah my kicker sucks but average field position for them was like the 35.
    - Reactions on passes were crazy, as soon as I threw it they were all over the receiver

Overall though the game played ok.

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    User pass rush was broken in tOSU vs Central Michigan
    They broke too many tackles, but yardage was appropriate.
    The CPU defense was retarded (maybe ratings)

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

I found the CPU run game to be rediculously good. The HB broke the first tackle every time and it often took two or more guys to bring him down, it was almost like the defense slid off of him. The run blocking was also too good, their O line held the defenders at bay while the HB averaged 8 ypc.

The passing game also felt flawed as the QB rarely saw pressure and if a defender reached him he would throw a spot on pass, so the pass rush felt wrong. Idk if its just me but the CPU receivers felt way too open also. Receivers would also break a lot of tackles.

Just what I experienced/noticed a difference in. My D isn't what it used to be so the pressure could be duller than before as well

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    So, is this better than it was on AA?

24. Masler

Masler Moderator

With the exception of breaking too many tackles and getting pressure on the qb almost nonexistant, yes. Arkansas gave me a challenge but I pulled away in the 4th quarter

25. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

after playing my first game on Heisman, my reaction is that it seems penalties were called too often, there was a lack of pass rush, but when I was able to generate pressure by mixing looks the damn QB would get the ball right before my guy got there. I had no real complaints with the broken tackles, there might have been some, but nothing I would complain about. I may fiddle with the settings on a offline dynasty and see if I can generate a reasonable pass rush this weekend, if I have time.