Sliders Discussion

Discussion in 'The Final Countdown' started by IrishBearcat, Feb 21, 2014.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

There have been mixed reviews about them so far. Seems the biggest complaints I've seen are the CPU completion % and late hit/personal foul phantom calls.

I definitely am willing to listen and want to appeal to the collective. With that said, the purpose of this is not to making the sliders super easy because they are "too hard" in season one. They aren't meant to stay difficult, but there is a fine line between difficult absurd.

Remember: There is a learning curve with any type of hard sliders. Once you "figure them out" you should notice a jump in terms of your play on the field. The CPU also sucks at recruiting. Over time as we beat down the CPU, out-hustle them on the recruiting trail, and adjust to the sliders we will become much better than the CPU.

Now, if you have suggestions please include two things:
    • What they are
    • When you suggest they be implemented
    After hearing from the league I'll make a determination on the best course of action moving forward. Please share you feedback.

2. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Not to derail the thread from the jump, but your comment about the CPU sucking at recruiting sparked a thought. In a couple leagues I've been in there have been restrictions on adding players to your board late in the season. As in Not adding recruits in the top 300 after week 3 or 4. It seems the CPU just overlooks a lot of good recruits that users can easily jump on that they shouldn't be able to.

Perhaps increasing recruiting advantages for the CPU can go hand in hand with any changes to the sliders?

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Ive tried just about everything to make cpu cometitive long term, but even if the schools get players their depth chart management is still ridiculous. Unless someone has who has logged a ton of seasons says otherwise, it might be a lost cause. :(

My only issue with them is the amount of picks I throw. Cpu DBs catch everything and punish the slightest mistake, but like you said I am still getting a feel for them.

4. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I had a really good game against Florida today. I won 20-17. It was a challenge but, nothing crazy. My team was pretty overmatched but, I still played good enough to win.

What I think happens in Heisman difficulty is that no matter what team you play they are hard to beat. It seems the CPU just gets a boost. I think that's what is frustrating to some. We play a crappy team and they seem like playing a great team.

I think keeping it as is might be good because it will only get easier. Or players will be better and our coaches will get in game boosts.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

The biggest thing I see that would make things more fun would be to tick down the CPU kick power. 2 CPU kicks have not gone out of the end zone all season...and believe me, i have seen a lot of CPU kickoffs...

• Like Like x 1
  6. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I think they are fine as is.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

They are ok...there is allot of good to them...I hate the running QBs out of the hurry up O...The Mizzou game was crazy the guy just kept running.

The LSU game was absurd...They knew every single play I called on both O and D...Man? run an out...Zone? no pass rush until it broke down...perfect run blocking most of the game as well.

The CPU kickoffs are almost always out of the endzone.

• Like Like x 1
  8. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

When I try to run a FB dive to get my B back going all my offensive linemen get pancaked simultaneously. I don't know if that's a flaw with the game or just the sliders.

9. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

That's not sliders. It's extremely frustrating: If you run a BBack dive they run commit up the middle. The CPU knows your play. Idk of a way to fix it I've tried a few things and nothing worked.

• Like Like x 1
  10. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Oh, wow. But even when I play users it just tends to happen whether they run commit or not..

11. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

Maybe it happens on a blitz and not just run commit. This is the biggest complaint I've had against the flex, and you know I used to use it almost exclusively.

12. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

The only formations it seems to work out of are the slot fleXbox One formations.

• Like Like x 1
  13. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Playing defense on this game with these sliders is just about impossible. lol. Seems like major feat to make a stop at all. It seems to be about the same no matter the team. Not complaining though. I realize that maybe this is the only way to get a challenge. I also realize my defense is not good. I just hate how Heisman level makes the cpu players get open all the time. My CB's as always two steps behind the recievers. They also hold their blocks crazy good. I'm sure it will be easy to win when our teams are better. It's just very difficult when starting with a team as bad as I have. I've done pretty good considering. lol.

• Like Like x 1
  14. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Since my season is over :( I thought I would start working on helping with sliders. I started a slider test online dynasty. I'm using settings and a slider set that the actually guy who did the rosters we use made to go with the rosters. If you want to help let me know and I'll invite you. I suggest using your same team so you can see any changes better

15. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Never mind on those sliders. Lol they were too easy for us. I'm just going to adjust the ones we have. I really don't think a lot of changes are needed. Just a few tweaks

• Like Like x 1
  16. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Did you already made some slider changes? I was looking at them and they seem changed

17. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Haven't touched them once all season.

I'm telling you are sliders are TOUGH and good for getting better as a player. Also factor in that our teams will get more talented in S2, most CPU teams will begin dropping in talent due to CPU recruiting logic (lackthereof), and everyone's learning curve with hard slider sets will be much improved.

I think it's still pretty easy to run on the CPU, but most of that is due to bad AI or plays that are just more effective. Not sure there's much more we can do to help CPU rush defense. The CPU passing game is a little over the top. It's so hit or miss with the sliders though. Either the CPU is completing a ton of passes (especially on Heisman), or they suck and will go 5/20 and everyone wins 77-3 every week.

They need to be challenging since we will only get better and more talented while the CPU stays equal in skill and sucks at recruiting.

• Like Like x 1
  18. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I must have been smoking something when I looked at them before. I'll see if making a few changes helps anything

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

One thing we implemented in After Midnight is a no swaying rule. It doesn't really help the CPU but it does get rid of the BS of being able to sway players back with some pitch. Guys leave early all the time. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 1
  20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Sorry that was off topic...

• Like Like x 1
  21. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

but...but....Johnny Football....and...and....Mike Evans.....they LOVE College Station......and their educations.... are....like.... important to them...and stuff....

• Like Like x 3
  22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Of course they do :). They usually don't leave anyways.

• Like Like x 1