Sliders Discussion

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Shaun Mason, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Sliders Discussion

Everyone please post your scores. I imaging most will use dynasty wire to do game recaps.

That is what I plan to do.

2. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Week 1

Ohio State 38
    at Marshall 14

3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Wash St 25
    Ok St 48

4. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Week 1

Clemson 45
    vs North Texas 3

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Tide Rolls On

[​IMG]
    Julio Jones makes a 1 handed TD catch.​

Bama 49

SJSU 14

Mark Ingram and Greg McElroy played huge games in the season/home opener for The Tide. San Jose State gave up very little fight with Alabama often scoring in one play or with ease. The Spartans had one pretty good scoring drive and if it had been like that all game I don't think I would have won this by more than 7. Their other score came off of good field position after the Bama PR fumbled. Overall a great start what hopefully is a great season. See a long run from Mark Ingram here.

Coach Masler begins his reign in the SEC 1-0 and invite the Nittany Lions to Tuscaloosa Week 2.

Notable Stats:

Greg McElroy 14/21, 279 yds, 3 TD, 0 INT

Mark Ingram 17 Att, 145 yds, 4 TD

Marquis Maze 2 Rec, 104 yds, 1 TD

Preston Dial 3 Rec, 77 yds, 1 TD

The defense didn't hold them scoreless or under 200 yards but still played good with 1 FF, 1 FR, and 3 Sacks. They were led by SO FS Rod Woodson with 10 tackles.

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Don't get ahead of yourself, you haven't won anything in the SEC yet!!!
    (y)

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Did Florida State get a bye in week 1?

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Nope, but you have FCS (the only one in the league) and no user games for a while. Hopefully FSU is badass in a sim.

No more vacation buddy!:)

9. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Texas 56-0 over Rice. Rice is really, really bad. Texas piles up nearly 400 yards rushing with 5 players contributing. Bad news - starting HB Fozzy Whitaker was injured on the first drive of the 3rd quarter and will miss 8 weeks. I wasn't sure what the scoring cap was, so the backups played all but the first minute of the second half and I started chewing clock and taking knees inside the red zone. I'm not looking forward to Wyoming next week.

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Auburn - 38
    Arky St - 7

AUBURN, AL -- Hopes are high in the heart of Alabama this year, as the Crimson Tide are looking like a strong favorite to repeat as National Champions in 2010. However, for another Alabama team, the Auburn Tigers, things are much more uncertain. With a new coach this season, everyone is anxious to see how the Tigers will compete this year on the field.

The schedule certainly was favorable enough, allowing Auburn to warm-up against Arkansas State in week one. This game could be a step in the right direction, or a gigantic fall from grace should they lose.

Early on in the game, neither outcome appeared to have the advantage. Arkansas State looked good on their first drive before their kicker missed a field goal, giving Auburn decent field position. The Tigers got some momentum before their drive stalled and they settled for a field goal to take an early 3-0 lead. Still, they didn't look very impressive.

In the second quarter, lightning struck when QB Cameron Newton hit HB Onterrio McCalebb for a 60 yard touchdown on a motion out of the backfield play. The two teams then traded possessions to wind time down. With 7 seconds left to go in the half, Newton made his first mistake at Auburn as he fumbled. Arkansas State's Joiner picked up the ball and returned it all the way for a score, to make it a very slim and unsteady 10-7 Auburn lead.

Auburn got the ball to start the 2nd half and came out swinging. They scored with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd on a beauty of a post pattern by Darvin Adams, again with 1:23 to go in the 3rd on a McCalebb touchdown run of 8 yards, and then the dagger with 0:29 to go in the 3rd. FS Aaroin Savage forced a fumble on a safety blitz, picked it up, and ran it all the way back. After 3 quarters, Auburn led 31-7 and never looked back.

Next week, Auburn will take on Mississippi State in their SEC opener.

11. Dru50

As an aside, the Dynasty Wire is FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!

I was just looking at the stories/highlights/stats of everyones completed games thus far. For those who haven't checked it out it is nice!

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Well, it's halftime and Psycho is feeding his kid. I am down 0-21, have fumbled on his 1 yard line and again on the next drive that got taken back for 6. Not to take anything away from psycho, but this is pretty frustrating.

13. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

14. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Michigan State 14
    Georgia 28

Michigan State can't over come 2 fumbles that contribute to put them down 21-0 early in the third.

... The rest, if any will be on the Dynasty wire.

15. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Psycho handled me in that first half. Those two fumbles hurt big time, one being returned for a touchdown and the other giving up good field position. I still could not stop your offense for much of the first half and rarely saw the ball. Well played sir.

16. Dru50

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

18. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Thank you sir,

Second half sucked a little due to my HB King deciding not to step back onto the field after halftime. He wasn't injured, I didn't sub him out, and the formations were all on normal (ie, not on sub HB). Madden'10 had this disappearing starting HB trick, I wounder if NCAA picked it up.

BTW - after our last 2 PSU-Mich St. games didn't get played, when you were late getting on, I thought "Shit, it's always one of us that has something pop up."

19. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Yeah sorry about being late, a friend of mine I hadn't seen in a couple years was visiting and wanted to watch the tigers game before he left, and it went way into extra innings, it should have been done around 10pm. He ended up leaving before it was over anyway.

My game told me your HB King was out for the year with a broken collar bone, I don't know why it didn't show up that way for you, maybe it's not actually true. If it is true, I'm sorry, I assure you it was not intentional, as frustrated as I was haha.

Your WR Green is unstoppable btw, my corner matched up with him is no slouch and he was torching him all day.

20. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Since it just shows up in a little black bar above the score bar it's easy to miss.

21. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Injury report in the game had nothing, injury report after the game had nothing, Dynasty wire has nothing, OD on the Xbox has nothing.

Either I'm an idiot and missing something (we all know I'm an idiot), there's a glitch where you can't see your own injuries in ODs, or there's a glitch in season ending injuries.

22. Dru50

I definitely saw when I lost Fozzy Whitaker for 8 weeks. Yes, I'm still bitter and I hope the Rice defense burns in hell!

23. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Tried 3 times to update this at 3 different times and got errors, so here's the recap of the GA-MSU game.

Bulldogs jump on Spartans Balls (changed the title, but it still kept giving me errors)
    Michigan State can't overcome two early fumbles in route to a 28-14 loss in Athens

Georgia jumps out to an early 7-0 lead on Murry pass to Charles, 77 ard pitch and catch. Michigan State tries to respond with a long drive, only to have the long try end on Georgia's 1 foot line by ways of a fumble. Georgia works there way out of the cellar but Murry winds up throwing an "Oops, didn't mean that" high blooper straight up in the air, where it's kindly picked of by a Spartan defender at the 20.

Still in the spirt of give, Sparty and boys fumble on the next drive, Georgia's Hebron takes it back 50 yards for the TD and a14-0 lead. Georgia would add to the lead with a long drive ending in a 7 yard pass to A.J. Green wit 0:22 left in the half.

Second half begins with a strange incident. Celab King is a no show for the second half, reports have him out with a broken collar bone, yet no one's informed Coach Psycho, he's not list on any report, and worst of all he can't be found. King's promising 12 carries for 51 yard first half then is turned over to Easly, who doesn't even come close to that effort.

Still with a neutered offense, the Bulldogs hold on to win, giving up 2 fourth quarter drives for TDs by the Spartans on the back of their TE K. Cousins.

When asked about the final quarter and the inability to stop Cousins, Coach Psycho responded "Did you see my guys out there? They kept baiting the QB like they where Deon Sanders or Lester Hayes... what they found out was that they might need to concentrate on hitting the books harder and earning their degrees."

24. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Cousins is the QB, not the TE haha. Gantt was the TE.

25. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Thought that name sounded way to familiar to be some TE on Michigan State, I just rolled with it because I saw that name in the picture of that jackass TE running down the field.