Sliders Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Dec 5, 2011.

?

Simple, switch to these sliders or stick with what we have.

1. New Sliders

70.0%
  2. Current Sliders

30.0%
  1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

First of all, please actually try the sliders before you vote. I would advise everyone try them out of course.

That said, I really would like to switch to something to make it a little more difficult against the CPU. I've been using these the last few days in an offline CC dynasty. I started at FAU and got demolished by Florida, beatin by about 20 by FAU (I was only the DC at this point mind you) and upset Auburn. I think I lost two conference games as well.

Now I'm at Pittsburgh and I am 3-0 with 2 close wins over VT and Cinci (20-17 and 27-17 respectively). and beat FAU 51-24.

So, here they are. Give em a try, they look a tad crazy at first but give it a try.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...-secelites-2012-heisman-slider-set-enjoy.html

I love them, and would like to use them for our league.

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

3. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Looks fine but I am not one for playing on SLOW speed, I am ok with trying the other settings.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I play it on normal in my offline and think its fine.

5. The Natural

Ok, that's the only issue I had. Even though I feel these settings are going to put the lesser teams at more of a disadvantage. With QB ACC and pass blocking so low it's going make those bad QB's and offenses even worse.

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

That's a bad thing? I have ample time most of the time, doing 3 or 4 steps drops. Sometimes I need to take another step or two to give my RB a chance to block someone that gets through, but i like the whole feel of the game.

Also, I've noticed DB's have a hell of a time tackling RB's -- which they should imo.

7. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I just played a game with these sliders. Arkansas against Oregon. It felt like a balanced game, and running the ball seemed more difficult which is a good thing. What I didn't like was when I jumped the snap I was on the QB almost instantly. I didn't get an auto sack when I blitzed which was nice, and the DB were better but they didn't seem psychic. The passing game had more flow when I didn't have to guess where the DB was going, I could tell where I needed to throw it. Knile Davis did break a few tackles and sometimes he broke 3 or 4. But it didn't ruin the game and that's the way he plays IRL. I like the sliders we use now, but I wouldn't have a problem swapping. I would like to try a few more games to see how much I really like them.

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

This could be just me... but users should never ever jump the snap- provides way to big of an advantage and it isn't hard.

That goes for everyone-- fuzzyl0gic you should add that to the rules.

9. The Natural

I didn't even know a user could jump the snap..

10. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

11. The Natural

I haven't had a chance to test them. The whole sliders thing is so short notice, I would vote to stay with what we have for this upcoming season and give us all more time to mess around with these.

Playing a game or two of testing isn't enough imo. I would hate to get halfway through the season and people want to switch back.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  12. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I vote to stay because I know it works. Like Natural, I havent tried anything else and i dont want to screw us up. I have had a lot of fun on these sliders but this for once was a good team when I took over and not a struggle to beat the nations top schools

13. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I agree with what the last two have said. Doesn't seem like we have enough time to find out if how well it will actually work.

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I also agree, but I highly suggest throughout this next season everyone try these and we try to make this a little harder. I'm not saying the CPU is a cake walk for me, but it would be nice if it were harder.

15. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I'm all for making it more difficult... People shouldn't be winning every game against the nations best.

16. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

• Like Like x 1
  17. The Natural

Really surprised people are jumping to new sliders without having played with them more. The broken tackles and passing inaccuracy are going to be a bitch this season.

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

19. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Since Im used to this already maybe my gameplay will not change much
    116th ranked defense in 2012, lets go!

20. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Agree...We don't need that many broken tackles.

21. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Are these sliders a lot different than what our normal sliders have been?

22. The Natural

Incredibly different. There are many settings in here like Tackling, passing accuracy and pass/run blocking I'm not sure I agree with. I'm not saying i'm not for new sliders I'm saying we should all play and test them thoroughly before simply jumping into it head first. Not saying it for my own sake because I am going to adjust regardless but for the sake of the league they should be more closely examined.

23. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Yeah, if they're incredibly different, I'd agree with that. But like you said, I'll adjust to whatever we do. Games still the same. If it makes CBs stop dropping passes thrown right at them, I'd lean more towards in favor of it for sure though.

24. The Natural

It actually decreases DB catching. Which is why you should try the sliders yourself. People seem to be going off of someone else's word without trying them or just voting just to have something different.

25. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I didn't have time to try it myself before the season started. It would take longer than we had to decide, which is why I voted to wait till we had more time above. And if it decreases the way CB catches, that's terrible because they already drop enough passes that are right in their hands.