Sliders-Excessive penalties/3rd down eff'

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeatherHelmets, Mar 7, 2011.

1. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Nov 7, 2010
    When I played Florida the CPU got 20 penalties for 224 yards, holding, clipping, facemask....I got 5/42, pretty normal

So you would think that would give me a real advantage as Florida would be in 3rd and long situtations, 10+ yards....they where, but had a 70% efficiency rating, 7/10 it impacted the possession time by 7 minutes to Florida...

I lost the game 42-24....not complaining about that.....just questioning the above....not a true sim result..

NUCMANDON Program Builder

Oct 1, 2010
    Yeah im going to adjust the penalties after we close week 1. I thought they were a little excessive also. As far as sliders I thought it was still a little easy, but I only played WKU. However talent wise they are still better than me. 2 big passes and 2 int's made me win big. I'm open for suggestions i have tried a couple of different set ups and havent found anything that i like yet. My game seemed to be right on for who I played.
  3. PatriotJames

PatriotJames Walk On

Feb 21, 2011
    Depends how hard you want it to actually be...

My offline dynasty I picked up and started All-American with regular settings was too easy. I changed the Speed Threshold to 25. I beat teams that are rated worse than me but the powerhouses of Texas, Oklahoma & Nebraska give me difficulties.

From my offline experience I think the user's O-Line should be upped. Other than that things seemed realistic on the user side. The CPU's WR's seemed to drop too many easy passes so this should probably be looked at. Probably should up the cpu's O-Line a bit as well as I get to the QB quite a bit. The RB for the cpu needs to be a bit better. That's all I can think of for now. (Note that these are with all settings at 50).

Haven't played my game yet but I'll see what happens with the current settings.

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

Jun 23, 2009
    I played LaTech and dominated. I can't really comment yet.