Sliders for Season 2

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Sliders for Season 2

Below are the sliders I'm proposing for season 2. These were done by tweaking last years sliders rather than starting over.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Slider USER CPU
    QB Accuracy 35 35
    Pass Blocking 50 50
    WR Catching 50 60
    RB Ability 45 60
    Run Blocking 45 60
    Pass Coverage 45 60
    Pass Rush 60 40
    Interceptions 30 40
    Rush Defense 35 70
    Tackling 50 65
    FG Power 40 50
    FG Accuracy 25 60
    Punt Power 40 50
    Punt Accuracy 20 50
    Kickoff Power 40 50

Please post any comments/questions prior to week 1. My plan is that we use whatever sliders we go with for all of season 2, so that way there is an entire season of data under the same set to analyze and make any changes for season 3 based on that data.

2. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Has this set been tested and played with?

3. Dru50

I haven't had time to and likely won't have time to.

I basically took last years sliders and adjusted certain things based on our performance vs the CPU. I raised the CPU run blocking and running ability due to thier inability to run consistently. I raised user pass rush due to lack of sacks in year 1 for the most part. I lowered CPU and QB pass accuracy due to it being too easy for users to pass and because every CPU QB should not play like Peyton Manning. I lowered user run blocking and raised CPU run defense to combat the high rushing numbers we saw.

You get the point.

If you have a set you'd like to propose, I'm all for it and the group can decide. I only know that we can't run with what was used last year.

EDIT-I remember you posted a set a while ago but don't remember where.

4. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I was just curious... I'm not gonna make an issue out of it like last season. :p

I will say it's probably not my preference to use a set for the whole season that's untested because sometimes when you adjust certain things with sliders it doesn't give you the effect you want, or it over does it. Either way the entire league will be playing with them so I'll go along with what you think is best.

As far as proposals, this is the post I made earlier tonight about sliders....

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showpost.php?p=300159&postcount=31

But that was just a suggestion if it was something you and the league wanted to try out.... No big deal either way.

5. Dru50

Let me take a look at yours and compare. What teams are people using in your OD, since sliders that work for average teams will be too easy for the powerhouse programs.

Obviously if we see something is all f'd up with the new sliders we can make a mid season adjustment.

6. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Acc/Sec

Like I said they are not the hardest set around, but I feel it's pretty realistic and I've been seeing good results all season... We even had a top 10 VT team drop a game to an underdog CPU team... I'm sure coaches like yourself will not lose, but that's because you seem to be better at this game thus far.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'm not clicking any more links that you post man.

I don't care about the sliders really Dru. I think the set you posted look good, let's run with them!

8. Dru50

I think I am going to go with the sliders I posted with the following differences:

user pass rush at 55 and CPU pass rush at 50
    CPU rush defense at 65

they will be in place for week 1.