Sliders - Future Adjustments Discussion

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Nov 30, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Started to see a lot of discussion about slider talk in the week 4 thread. Keep it here from now on. If you have suggetions, tweaks, complaints, etc. post it up. Ultimately, we will take a look at the sliders each off-season. All users are welcome to participate, and the ones who decide to participate do have a say in the final set. If you don't participate, you have no reason to complain- PERIOD! :)

2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

One major tweak my friend, take this off of Heisman. It's utter bullshit. There is no way in hell that the corners should know what route my receivers are running before they even finish the route. They warp out of position and somehow magically get interceptions. My receiver literally was open then somehow moved out of bounds and came back in and bam I threw an interception. That's retarded.

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I agree, we should take it off of Heisman. If you audible between a run and a pass, the CPU will change it's defense. It knows what you're going to run every time I believe.

4. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I'm actually a fan of the settings. I hate AA..its too easy and we never lose on AA.

• Like Like x 1
  5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Your taking over Wazzou? If so welcome to the league hope you enjoy the stay lol

6. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I know what it is fuck RnS I'm going to a west coast offense passing 100% of the time isn't going to work on Heisman...only against users

7. fuzzyl0gic

It's Mike Leach

8. IrishBearcat

We will be playing on Heisman until the end of the season.

And -Cougars-, being able to throw for 1698 yards in 4 CPU games (424 yards/game) with an average quarterback, on the hardest difficulty, when the DB's "corners should know what route my receivers are running before they even finish the route. They warp out of position and somehow magically get interceptions. My receiver literally was open then somehow moved out of bounds and came back in and bam I threw an interception" is pretty ridiculous.

We struggle with users blowing up Heisman CPU games with huge scores, I'm not going to drop it to AA if that's the case. We'll consider AA in the off-season if we have a handful of people being able to make a reasonable argument for it.

9. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah, I feel like with Heisman you have to be a lot smarter with passing decisions. I do like a challenge, so maybe if we experiment with some sliders it will suit everyone better, I dunno

10. IrishBearcat

Yes, more of a middle ground. I'm just prepping all these pansies crying out for us to drop to AA. It won't be happening that way.

Perhaps we do a very difficult version of AA or tweak Heisman, but the sliders will be setup to be a challenge. There are some things sliders won't fix (CPU being stupid and predictable) so we will have to compensate that a tad with tough sliders. It's tough, but clearly by everyone's record it's far from impossible.

11. IrishBearcat

With only the CCG left and bowls it might be a good time to revisit this topic.

I'm enjoying the DIFFICULTY - you could argue it needs to be tougher with many of the CPU teams with better talent being upset by users. We're going to get more talented as well while teams like Stanford, Oregon, USC, etc. will only get worse.

The # of interceptions is pretty crazy, something we could look at toning down. FGs seem still a bit too easy, another thing we could make more difficult.

Is it just me, or is the pass rush under center simply ridiculous? I'm not sure if it's something that can be fixed with sliders, but it seems much tougher to throw under center unless there isn't a blitz. PA is worse, those are 99% of the time sacks when the opposition chooses to blitz.

I'm sure there is more, but this is what I've noticed the most with 1 season almost in the books.

12. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

13. IrishBearcat

An interesting post, but his sliders (set #1) are meant for 9-11 minute quarters. Also the third set is meant for only User v CPU games.

14. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I used the first with 8 min quarters, results still come out realistic, try them out when u get free time, I think u'll enjoy set #1

15. IrishBearcat

I'll give it a shot sometime tmr, I'll report back with my findings.

16. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Heisman or higher.