Sliders in OD question

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by jdrhammer, Jul 12, 2010.

1. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Sliders in OD question

Are sliders & AI going to work during head-to-head OD games in '11? This would be a huge help if they worked this out?

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I think this would be very difficult to implement without having a completely separate set of sliders for it.

IE. Let's say you needed these sliders for CPU games:
    user RBA: 30
    CPU rush defense: 70
    CPU RBA: 70
    user rush defense: 30

So, in order for a user to get a realistic rushing game, you need the user's running ability toned down to 30 and the rush defense bumped up to 70.

So, what sliders should be used for a user vs. user game? If they just use the "user" settings, then the user's RBA of 30 is correct, but the user's rush defense of 30 would be too low and you could run too easily.

If you're going to use some of the CPU settings for users, which ones do you use? Defensive? Offensive? It's a tough problem.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    The game plays well out of the box, in my opinion. Far better than '10.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I was reading through some of the operation sports forums earlier today to get a feel for the game. They seemed to think that there would be a lot less slider movement this year because of the fact that every team plays so differently. They said that playing Navy they gave up 150-200 yards rushing, but then against a pro-style Miami team they only gave up 80. The user was playing as OSU so it was a solid run defense, just two completely different styles. Modifying the sliders might fix one problem for a certain set of teams, but then amplify another problem for a different set of teams.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Get our sliders in order commish -- I want to start next week! We can just name every player Tebow!

6. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Really, if the players just play how they are rated in user games, that will take the slider discussion out of it.

Mike

7. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Typically, we have HUM QB Acc around 25-30, WR ability around the same, and then get the DL pass rush right. Those are a few examples. We usually try to make the CPU as strong as possible. We don't max them out but we want it to be tough.