Sliders Sliders Sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by XWarriorMonk, Sep 24, 2015.

?

What needs to be tuned.

1. STAMINA

2. USER CATCHING

3. RUN BLOCKING

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

So as a league there have been complaints in the chatbox.
    I'm trying to lay it out pretty clear for the commish team to make changes to some things that are (in some peoples opinion) effecting the game

I put a vote up top.
    Please pick what you think needs to be adjusted (you have multiple votes)
    If you DO vote and you want to put your input on what the sliders should be below please do it in a SIMPLE way. BULLET POINTS (make it easier for the commish team)

EXAMPLE (and how i feel)
    • STAMINA : With quarter length where it is. There should be a pretty significant bump to stamina. No reason a wide receiver can't stay on the field through a drive only having to run 3-4 routes...
    • USER CATCHING: I mean we thought it was gonna be "OP", but CMON....

2. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

if you think i need to add something to the pole. Let me know

3. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

I would like to see stamina come up a little bit and the catching up a little bit but not heartbroken if catching doesn't move.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  4. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

I'd like to add for the run blocking and catching.

Stat wise wrs are still putting up 100 yard games every week. Sure there are drops but if all those drops are catches we could easily see 200 yard games for wrs become a norm again.

Running stats seem to be on par with the NFL in terms of ypc. Some teams are running the ball great already while others are struggling. Not every team can run the ball for 100 yards every week.

I'm in favor of a bump for stamina but that's it currently.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kjm007

kjm007 Walk On

Troy and i played our game and to us it was obvious all of these are off.

1. Catching - I have no complaints about covered guys dropping it, it's actually the opposite, my wide open guys drop it, but my guys still make stupid aggressive catches.I'm torn, wish you could just turn down aggressive and keep normal catches where they are.

2.-run blocking - I need better blocking. Needs to go u.

3 - stamina - Needs to go up

6. Hordan54

Hordan54 Walk On

The only thing that stands out is stamina. Everything else is a nitpick imo.

My personal nitpick is fumbles seem low.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RFF

RFF Walk On

Scoring already seems pretty high on a per-drive basis. What people will vote for may not be to closer simulate NFL outcomes but rather to have gameplay feel more fun. Not even saying that's necessarily bad, just something to keep in mind. Everyone thinks they should be averaging 5 ypc and having their WRs catch all the passes.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

I'd like to have my WR's catch more passes than they drop.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

This is my concern as well

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Keller

Says the guy who traded for Mark Barron

11. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

You fumbled 4 times against me!! You want more fumbles???

12. Hordan54

Hordan54 Walk On

And since then, not one.

Don't think it needs to change, but something to keep an eye on.

13. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

I only have one game played. I do not think anything needs to be changed, however, I don't have a good sample yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. RFF

RFF Walk On

I want to know the goal, I think it's valid to state that.

I'm in the camp of: "Objectively keep stats as close as possible to the NFL." It'll never be perfect, of course, and I get the other perspective ("Subjectively make sure it feels as fun as possible"), but it's hard to argue for a given slider without knowing the goal.

Because if it IS the former rather than the latter, then we have much more than "general feel" to work with. We can compare stats and see if people's impressions are matching reality, and let data drive the decision-making rather than one person's impression from a single game where they are more likely to remember unlucky plays.

15. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

the only real thing IMO that isnt realistic AT ALL.... is stamina...... players are still going to get tired with these quarter lengths...but in my last two games starters at skill positions not being able to finish the first drive of the game?

• Like Like x 1
  16. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

the rushing stats warrant zero boost in run blocking.... and catching is one of those borderline ones, that i think gameplay wise could use maybe ONE click upwards

17. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

I could care less about the other shit. But stamina is way messed up. I had the same problem as Troy both games now

• Like Like x 1
  18. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

I also wonder if stamina impacts the recievers ability to catch the ball?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I agree on stamina and I could go either way on run blocking but I have seen Randall Cobb catch everything he gets his hands on, even against the Seahawks secodnary so I dont think catching needs a boost IMO.

I wonder if people are seeing outright drops or if the balls are being knocked out by DBs. We all know the DB-WR interaction is way different this cycle, just because your guy gets his hands on it doesnt mean hes going to haul it in if a DB is rigbt there also and I love that.

My only real complaint is block in the back still seems to be happening way too often. I dont mind 1-3 a game but 5-7 is too much. Hell, against Moz I ran a toss and within 1 second of snap there was a BITB. How that happens IMMEDIATELY after snap is beyond me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. arlennnn

arlennnn Walk On

it does

21. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

Then maybe adjusting stamina could solve several issues

22. Keller

The goal has always been to try and strike a balance between realism and fun. I want to try to be as realistic as possible with the caveat of knowing, as you said, that it will never really happen perfectly. So the goal is to try and get close. Promote good NFL-like games with NFL like statistics as much as we can without making things just miserable.

The problem is that - admittedly - I don't have a PhD in statistics nor do I have the time or the tools at my disposal in order to make educated decisions based on the data that we do have. Personally, I like your breakdowns and explanations of trends and these matters in the past. If you want to sign up again for that - I'd love to see your thoughts and analysis so that as a league we can make the best decisions possible.

For now, given the rate at which people are scoring and moving the ball I don't know that anything is warranted at the moment; I just wanted to start the discussion and begin to hear/document/track peoples impressions. I didn't notice much of any issue with Stamina in my previous 2 weeks - that doesn't mean it isn't there but I didn't think it was a huge deal. So players have to rotate - big deal? You won't be able to stack your roster with 22 studs and compete - I view that as a positive thing.

23. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I didn't see huge issues with stamina.....

You should add a "no changes" option or make the poll available to view without voting. I'm curious but can't see what everyone else voted unless I choose one of the available options
    XWarriorMonk

• Like Like x 1
  24. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

After my second game, I have the opinion that stamina is WAY too low.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. RFF

RFF Walk On

Keep in mind we all have potentially different Autosub sliders, as well. If you've bumped yours up to where you had it in M15 and see guys rotating out more than you'd like, that doesn't automatically mean the Stamina slider is too low. Perhaps it's just unrealistic to expect guys at 80-85 stamina all game. Not saying that is what's happening, but something to consider.

• Agree Agree x 1