Archived Sliders Too Easy?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Aug 16, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Oct 26, 2009
    Sliders Too Easy?

These sliders were pretty good before the patch but now I'm not too sure. I'm not asking for any specific slider set but maybe some tweaking after the season. Even with a couple of losses to the CPU ("CPU Can't Do No Wrong Games") these seem to easy. People are blowing teams out the water that should at least give them a fight or possibly win.

• Michigan dominates Iowa; score at one point 24-3.
    • Michigan dominates Penn State 29-7
    • Florida State smacks Miami (one of the best teams out of the box) 42-3
    • Texas whoops on Nebraska (#10) 45-0
    • Florida crushed Bama 36 to something

I usually pride myself on Chaos' sliders, it made my other leagues so much easier to play in because every game was competition here. Currently I don't have that feeling. Not sure if I'm the only one who feels this way. Right now only users stand in my way of a title. I'm not even afraid of Wisconsin (even though they still may present a challenge). I should be worried about that game but I'm really not. I'm nowhere close to being the type of player I was in NCAA '10 but yet I'm winning with ease. I lost to Indiana by 10 because of almost 8 turnovers. Nothing else.

I don't know. What do you guys think? I just think this league will dry up quickly becasue you'll only really have to worry about user games eventually. I just think we need to tweak something.

2. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Nov 14, 2009
    I kinda agree with you, hasnt been real difficult. I havent really had a challenge from the computer yet. That being said I will find out more after the next advance. I have to go too Iowa so hopefully that ones not a blow out
  3. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Nov 2, 2009
    Any suggestions on what to increase or decrease?
  4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Oct 16, 2009
    In a word: no. Georgia crushed me this week. I say play out a full season with these and reevaluate going into 2011.
  5. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Jun 30, 2009
    I think this is the way to do it, i lost to Pitt on poor defense or crazy CPU offense, but my team isnt that good. I havent been able to rush that well ( besides i put up 150 yds last game against Tulsa) but ive pretty much had my way when going to the air as long as i dont turn it over, which has been happennig a lot lately.
  6. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

Jun 1, 2010
    It can go either way I was playing La tech beat them by three but I can't blame it all on the sliders I think there good like they are cpu games are more fun
  7. BG

BG On The Rize!

Oct 5, 2009
    Well, you know how I feel about the cpu, I beat a good, balanced team in Miami like you said 42-3 and lose to the worst team in the ACC 28-21. Had the games been reversed, it wouldn't have been that much of a shock! So basicly, its games of extremes; either lose to "ROBO" cpu once in a while or blow out pretty much ever other game! I think the rush cpu defense is a little tough, but the cpu offense seems to be a little slow with decision making. Don't know if that can be changed or not! JMO"S!
  8. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Jul 6, 2010
    Up until last week's game, I would have said we should definitely increase the CPU a little. But Baylor played me surprisingly well and it was a fun game.

I say we should reevaluate after the season. Our teams are only going to get better, so we should make sure we can't beat Miami 42-3 or Nebraska 45-0, etc.