Announcement Sliders V.1.0

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by I Peench, Jul 10, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I plan on playing a few of these in the morning, it should give me a good feel in my offline testing dynasty I have going, I have Washington , Wazzu & somebody ranked on the next 3 games so I should get a good feel.

They seem somewhat similar to PA's , other than his was on slow game speed

3. I Peench

Just as a heads up, the feedback has been really good...but some are concerned about bumping CPU run block down 5

PAs are somewhat the same. The biggest difference is the pass rush/pass block

4. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

So far love the slider set, it'll take some more testing, I want to make sure the CPU Run Defense isn't too overpowered, but when I ran the Triple Option it felt like it...

That's also kind of a one trick pony, so I know why they made so hard because they knew it was coming.

5. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

HOLY BALL SACK. These are incredible. It's like an entirely different game. Great stuff man.

Only suggestion I'd have would be on roughing the passer. Might need to put it back at 50 imo.

6. I Peench

Agree with roughing the passer.

I've been slaving over these all night (again), and here are the updated ones.

Thoughts everyone? Interested to see what Danthraxxx has to say.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  7. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

So far I give these sliders (y)(y)

my testng

Game VS Wazzu

41-13 Ducks

360yards off to 337yrds

32-106 ground (2 long plays total 50yrds )
    13-22-4 254passing

We had 2 sacks, gave up 7 (2 coverage)

wazzu star RE (93ovr) had 4 of those sacks

Game felt good for the most part. Tackling was better; safety play may just not be fixable with any slider. DB’s dropped a ton of picks, run blocking seemed better. The CPU pass rush is out of control, my o-line is excellent & I should not be running for my life vs. Washington State. I fear what would happen vs. LSU or Bama’

Overall I enjoyed this game, went, as it should with a decent sized win against a weak opponent. I have a cool ass highlight as well; I have not seen a broken tackle where it was caused by a defender teammate until this highlight.

Game vs. Washington
    35-31 Ducks

Washington out gained me 336-324 in this one, ran all over me to tune of 139yrds 3TD

This game the CPU felt more competitive, as they should. They were able to actually run the ball on me & they stuffed my run game. The USER pass protect is still an issue, I make pretty fast reads on any non deep pass and I am still getting killed, even when I leave my HB in to block. My QB was sacked 5 times and hit countless others, as well as fleeing the pocket in fear of his life on may run plays.

Defense played well on both sides, what I mean by this is they had struggles & at times they made plays too. The teams combined for 9 penalties lol, the roughing passer is out of control IMO, had one ticky-tack one against Wazzu where cpu barely touched me and my QB flopped face down Ric Flair style. In this game it was out of control. We may want to look at that too FWIW

Overall I say this is a good set of sliders, I can play with these and be happy (happy as I can be with 13’ unless some AI issues are patched) but I think some tinkering can make these really good.

On a side note, I have never really run the spread; I have two questions for you guys.

1. I always end up with my QB having more carries, part of this is broken pass protect & scramble, but is that gonna bug anyone if that happens from time to time ?
    2. On same note, who here would consider running with QB after all reads have been made & nobody looks open to be a cheese issue?

8. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I've never felt that either was cheese at all. Especially if the scrambles are kosher, i.e. up the middle or from pressure.

9. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Testing out second set of sliders now.

10. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

First game with version 2.0, I took my UCLA Bruins with the Air Raid to Texas A&M.

Scoring Summary
    1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    UCLA 21 7 7 10 45
    A&M 7 7 10 0 24

It started hot for me, as the opening kickoff was returned for a TD for UCLA. The next A&M drive, on a QB scramble, UCLA returned the fumble for a TD. The rest was mostly a back and forth, with a few big plays being broke by my players resulting in touchdowns. They had some big plays as well, but I was lucky enough to chase them down in time to prevent it from being a TD.

UCLA had 5 sacks, while CPU A&M only had 2. I got rid of the ball pretty early, and they almost never got a significant pass rush on me. Being at home, I would think they'd be in the backfield a little more often. No interceptions for either team, I probably could have had 2 from my CPU DBs, but it was because of broken screen passes usually.

My QB : 19/31 - 298 yards - 3 TDs - 61% Completion
    My running (again, Air Raid offense)
    HB : 13 attempts, 59 yards, 1 TD. 4.5 YPC
    QB: 7 attempts, 38 yards, 0 TD. 5.4 YPC
    ------ I ran Read Option a healthy amount of times, and 6 of my 7 attempts were from that. I did get tackled for a loss on one, but I had a rush for 14 that helped increase it. As for the RB, I got rather good blocking, but again did still have runs where I was stuffed. The running with these sliders are just about ideal for a User.

Receivers were pretty balanced, I had two guys go over 100 yards, due to two major plays, one catching a 68 yard pass(50 YAC) and another catching a 78 yard pass(it was a bomb.)

Texas A&M lost their starting QB halfway through
    QB 3 : 15/22 - 228 yards - 1 TD - 68% Completion
    QB 15 : 14/17 - 117 - 1 TD - 82% Completion
    The initial reaction is how high that percentage is. Sometimes the zones not being fixed yet caused it, both hit a few big pass plays for the yardage part, but I never felt like either were ripping me up, these stats kind of surprise me, efficiency wise.
    A&M's running
    HB 33 : 18 attempts, 108 yards, 1 TD, 6.0 YPC (15 yard long)
    QB 3 : 14 attempts, 39 yards, 0 TD, 2.7 (5 sacks doesn't help)
    HB 23 : 1 attempt, 14 yards.

First Downs
    UCLA - 13/A&M 24
    Total Offense
    UCLA - 396/A&M 512
    Rushes_Yards
    UCLA - 21_98/A&M - 34_167
    Comp_Attempts
    UCLA - 19_31/A&M - 29_39
    Passing Yards
    UCLA - 298/A&M - 345

11. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Just played another game, this time as UCLA hosting LSU. They're a much better team, so I wanted to see how I stacked up.

UCLA
    QB 17 - 18/37 - 135 Yards - 0TD - 5INT - 48%
    HB 23 - 9ATT - 50 Yards - 0TD
    QB 17 - 7ATT - -16 Yards - 0TD(Sacks)

LSU
    QB 8 - 15/25 - 190 Yards - 1TD - 1INT - 60%
    HB 11 - 14ATT - 21 Yards - 2TD
    HB 42 - 6ATT - 25 Yards - 2TD

====================================

LSU had 5 sacks against UCLA, while UCLA had 2 against LSU. While the 5 picks are a lot, they were all warranted. Whether it was sleepiness or lack of focus, I would constantly shoot out my own tires as soon as they started gaining traction against LSU's defense. I ended up hitting my slot receiver the most early on, as he seemed to be the only one getting open, but I started to get a hang of it bit by bit, the problem routes were the ones I've had problems with since day one, so that's on me.

On defense, my team had 11 TFL, and the aforementioned 2 Sacks and 1 Interception. One thing I have gotten out of these sliders has been extremely realistic tackle numbers, from the right people. LSU on defense had 6 TFL, and the aforementioned 5 sacks and 5 interceptions. Realistic tackle number as well, for the right people. While the final result is about as close as UCLA would ever come in real life, there is one glaring thing about these sliders that I don't know how we could fix. It's literally the only thing that I think needs changing about them as well. The Tackles For Loss has always been hard to break. I've always seemed to rack them up, win or lose, in a game. In 2011's game between Oklahoma and Texas, in real life, OU was the much greater team, and Texas was probably closer to my UCLA level talent wise(I can dream, can't I?) In that game, Oklahoma recorded 16 TFL, while Texas recorded 5 TFL. That sounds about right, doesn't it? But that is flipped in my games thus far, and that has really I Peench, been with ANY sliders. So this may be a valid complaint without a valid answer. That box score btw : http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2011-2012/05_texas.html

All of that aside, I really enjoy these sliders, and if we want what we want, to be challenged, I think they're the right way to go. Could some things be tinkered? I'm sure we can find something, we are also a little smarter than the CPU in that we can, on the fly, adjust our running lane a little easier I think. Only thing I can think of is maybe if we took Rush Defense from 55 to 50, but I'd have to test these out again against a pound it out team, in anyone else would like to, it'd be appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  12. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

I played a couple of games with the sliders and the game feels great. Great job I Peench, the speed of the game felt right, I was able to make some plays and never felt cheated. Now if I can only figure out when to user catch and when not to. I swear I switch to my WR and try to user catch and the ball bounces right off. This has to be the biggest change for me from 12.
    Anyway:
    chucknorrisapproves.gif

• Like Like x 2
  13. I Peench

Appreciate it man! Yeah, the user catching is dumbfounding a lot of us right now...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

according to my sources you need to move the player prior to hitting the Y button to make the catch (y)

15. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Ha.... yeah I read that too..:confused: The angles seem a little different than last year...If you turn up field too quick it's a drop, if you just tap Y it's a drop....you almost have to B then wait then hold Y and then if you're not right on it...it's a drop...kinda sucks, I'm so used to playing that way I just automatically try to swith and go get it.

16. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Eventually we'll all get it. Looks like the first deep threat in the league will be the first one who figures out how the hell to use it, lol.

17. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I really am liking the sliders I Peench. They feel amazing, nice work man!

18. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

any final word on sliders yet I Peench ?

Also sorry if I have been M.I.A. last 48 hrs , been trying to get my new member OD up and rready , shit it is more work than I thought lol :oops:

19. I Peench

I'm pretty happy with these. I just want to look into the pass rush some more today and see if that does indeed need tweaking. I wish I could make the cpu blitz less :(

20. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I only ran the first half of a game, UCLA(me) @ UMass. Was up 27-7 at half, their TD was from a Pick-6. They played about as well as they could for being outmatched. I gave up 2 sacks, both because I couldn't find a guy open. So I'd say that's exactly how it'd probably go IRL, so that's good. Also, their 2 sacks were from their best D-Lineman, another good thing.

21. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

As an member who hasn't been able to play online dynasties here in a long time, I still use the forum as a great tool to improve my NCAA experience. Thanks a lot. I haven't had to toil over these and test them for weeks. Everything is coming together a lot faster this year it seems. Good luck to all of you in your upcoming dynasties.

• Like Like x 1
  22. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Also, does TF still impose recruiting restrictions, or were those thrown out due to the slider being added for recruiting difficulty? I used to use the same restrictions in my offline dynasties. Do you think it would still be good to use the restrictions in offline dynasty, given the lack of player coaches/competition?

23. DC

DC Shake n Bake

We still have the restrictions

24. I Peench

Absolutely, particularly because the CPU still doens't seem to offer a lot of high level recruits.

25. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I Peench , did you ever make the adjustment to +5 on User RB Ability and -5 on CPU Pass Accuracy. My test results for those were excellent.