Sliders while we wait.

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Sliders while we wait.

Someone test these out. I've been working them on 8 min quarters, and having a tough time of it.

Varsity

QB - 10/20
    PB - 15/15
    WR - 30/50
    RBA - 40/50
    RBlk - 25/50

PC - 40/95
    PR - 65/60
    Int - 75/50
    RD - 10/90
    Tkl - 35/55

FGP - 0/0
    FGA - 20/50
    PP - 15/15
    PA - 60/60
    KOP - 55/55

Play someone decent even up, and let me know how the game goes. oh, and I increased the penalty frequency. I think we were the top 12 least penalized teams last year by a long shot.

Penalties = all 100, except: Off & FS = 80, hold & FM = 60, Clipp = 50.

Try'em out while we wait. I'm having a lot more trouble moving the ball, but I've only played a couple games. I'd like to see what you guys think.

It'll keep us busy, at least.

AG

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Oh, and maybe it would be good to try a rivalry game or a bowl game, since those seem to be even harder.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

How is the CPU at running against you? I've been unable to get them to run with any kind of success with their run blocking below 55.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Decent, but no one has really beaten me up yet. I'm playing BYU v. Houston at Houston right now. I'm up 21-17 moving the ball early in the third. My best runner was held to 49 yards rushing in the first half, on ten carries. I'm getting penalized all over the place, though. Maybe I threw something out of whack by messing with the settings, but it could just be that kind of game.

Stats are about right.

5. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I'm about to start a game with OU @ Oklahoma St...Gonna take out Gresham and other guys who I won't have in Season 2.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

So far, running the ball has been really tough. Perhaps it should be. We tend to dominate possession against the CPU. Maybe we would have to play more D if we didn't run quite so well.

Penalties were really odd though. Tons of them. I'd post stats, but I had to quit to advance the league.

High pressure. Tough running the ball. Opposing offense made some nice plays. I could see this being a really tough win at least half the time.

7. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Half the time meaning if you're the half of the league that likes to run the ball :p

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I could honestly see adjustments made to make us a bit better in the run game, but this felt pretty real. 3 yards a pop on the up the gut stuff, with the occasional loss and the occasional seven to ten yard gain - that sounds about right, if it holds true for others, and not just for me, that is. But I honestly think the days of running for 250 a game might be over, or at least pretty rare.

9. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Here is what I got IN ONE HALF...

45-20 at the half, OSU leads...

Scoring Summary:
    OSU 69yd pass
    OU 2yd run
    OU INT for TD 58yds
    OSU 59yd pass
    Q2
    OSU 92yd run
    OSU 30yd FG
    OU 88yd pass
    OSU 11yd run
    OSU INT for TD, 73yds
    OSU INT for TD, 38yds

STATS of NOTE:

Bradford: 20-28-309-1TD-3INT
    RB's 8 rushes for 4 yards

Z. Robinson: 9-14-225-2-1
    K. Hunter: 13rushes-169yds-1TD
    H. Anyiam: 2-17-1TD
    H. Anyiam: 4rec-179yds-2TD

In one half, over 500yds passing, OSU has almost 180 on the ground, etc.

Granted, I threw 3 INT's but those long runs, receptions, INT's had plenty of broken tackles that led to LOOOOONG gains and scores...

884 total yards in one half...

Maybe it was just "one of those games" but....

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Not another slider experiment.

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Not the time to F with me.

Looks like things got a little out of hand. I'm fine with the old set. Just thought I'd mess around a little with all the waiting I'm doing.

12. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I haven't gone to compare but AG, are these you posted in this thread much different than what we used for the 2009 season? If so, I'd be more in favor of just slightly tweaking what we used rather than trying mostly new ones...